It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans - You claim your military is the best. Prove It

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Yes, and the sad thing is, the American military basically hides behind it's technological advancements. In fact, training requirements even suffer as a result of that as well as general complacency on the part of command. I mean, I even heard that they were thinking of scrapping CQB training altogether for non-infantry servicemen and women. To us up here, that is just unfathomable, as what are they supposed to do when the moment comes that they are over-run and out of ammo (and it will happen one day. Mark my words.)? Throw their helmet at the attacker? Something tells me that wouldn't work out so well.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

And you are proud of that?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
These thread make me sad for ATS.

Whats with the Australians and there love for china recently? I guess chinese propaganda is some really effective stuff. And to think you guys are related to the british, shame.

Jealousy.

they were given the exact same start the US was given and they have done nothing with it. It is like having a famous older brother why you are a dishwasher.

The only thing Australia has given the world in the last few decades is the Wiggles.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

No I was in military intelligence and know exactly where both China and Russia stand militarily.

China's navy is littoral only aside from one carrier that they bought from Russia. In a couple of decades they may have been able to reverse engineer it, they've been pretty good at that.

Russia may be capable of mounting a limited successful engagement with the US if they were willing to deny their people food and other basic necessities for a while.

Russian air force is physically as good as the US's but their pilots are severely lacking in training. In fact, every military in the world is severely lacking in the training department in comparison to the US.

This is all based on the money that the US spends on defense and the focus of their military. the US is focused on power projection.

Russia tried to keep up with the US's power projection capability and it bankrupted them.

No one else in the world has tried to keep up with the US's power projection capability.

The only other military that comes close is the UK, but they still don't have the same projection capability that the US has and they are our allies.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I'm not that nationalistic to say America has the best military. I know that we have a very good one that is hard to beat.

The proof is in our history, in our technology, and the fact that whenever things go wrong in the world you guys always come to us for help. WW I you guys came to us. WW II we were brought in because of Pearl Harbor. Vietnam North Korea came to us for help. Korean War came to us for help. Iraq War Kuwait came to US for help as did the UN. OPEC. Israel. Everybody comes to America for help.

So if we're not a very good military, why do you guys keep coming to America for help? Then you guys don't like the way we do things and start hating on America and criticizing us every chance you get and magically forget that you guys came to us for help.

If you don't want us to help, solve your own damned problems.

What the #?

WW1 - we didn't have very much to do with the US.
WW2 - You guys came to assist, yes.

Vietnam - North Korea came to you guys for help? You fought North Korea beforehand which ended in a stalemate. I think you mean South Vietnam???

You get where i am going with this.

Generally, no one goes to America for help. It has always been a joint effort, and in joint efforts, everyone is expected to help.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 3dman7

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

the best way would be to attack in commercial airliners painted grey,dressed as gay couples then you guys wouldnt be allowed to attack back.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
maybe dress as black,alien, gay,jew, couples wearing hoodies, then americans definitly wouldnt attack us when we attack for fear of being labled anti-gay- semitic ad hominemistic. it would be a walk in the park, seriously!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
The wars we have been in the last 20 years are all BS. If a real war broke out where the US actually was worried about being taken down, the entire might of the US military would be unleashed. And that is something any country doesnt want to be on the other side of.

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

I don't think you really want U.S. to do that.
Furthermore, I pray we never have to.

For the childrens sake.

You are fair game however if you want to push it.

IMO, the two best replies to this thread so far. God forbid we ever see the "proof" that OP is looking for, as the only real proof is on the battlefield.

If it ever comes down to scorched-earth, don't-worry-about-the-ramifications total warfare, it will be too late for us all.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

The United States is the best becouse we are seperated by oceans and we have allies to the north and south and we have fkn heart.We step up to the plate when no one else does.We get it done to the point that we need it to be. We dont look to conquor. We look to set # straight and pay for it in $ and in blood. More then any other nation combined.
If it wasn't for us ......US, you wouldnt exsist. we give more foreign aid then anyone. So you can suck it,you ungreatfull ass

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EXPERIENCED

The United States is the best becouse we are seperated by oceans and we have allies to the north and south and we have fkn heart.We step up to the plate when no one else does.We get it done to the point that we need it to be. We dont look to conquor. We look to set # straight and pay for it in $ and in blood. More then any other nation combined.
If it wasn't for us ......US, you wouldnt exsist. we give more foreign aid then anyone. So you can suck it,you ungreatfull ass

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Prove to me America is not the best military. It should be easy if there not.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital
Its simple really, the British Empire ruled for over 300 years, the Roman Empire ruled for over 1 thousand years, and how long has America ruled as a superpower? Only about 20 years..

Unless America lasts as long as the Roman Empire it cannot call itself the greatest empire in history, its only been 20 years and they are already falling apart LMFAO!!!

A thousand years of Roman empire? Hmmm. What is the history schooling like down under?

Rome was a real power for about 500 years. The rest of the time it was the superpower of Italy.

20 years of superpower status for the US? Hmm, I thought we gained that status after we managed to fight two world wars at the same time and win them, while supplying the Russians and England with equipment so they could fight too, and while building a ship a day, and a hundred planes a day. And that was the middle of the last century.

I never really heard of us calling ourselves an empire. I wish we were. Then instead of being all nice to those we conquer we could put them to good use for us. I would own 20 Afghanis and have them working my poppy crop.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Originally posted by Bixxi3
These thread make me sad for ATS.

Whats with the Australians and there love for china recently? I guess chinese propaganda is some really effective stuff. And to think you guys are related to the british, shame.

Jealousy.

they were given the exact same start the US was given and they have done nothing with it. It is like having a famous older brother why you are a dishwasher.

The only thing Australia has given the world in the last few decades is the Wiggles.

Its better than what America has given us these last few decades - WAR...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus

Its simple really, the British Empire ruled for over 300 years, the Roman Empire ruled for over 1 thousand years, and how long has America ruled as a superpower? Only about 20 years..

Unless America lasts as long as the Roman Empire it cannot call itself the greatest empire in history, its only been 20 years and they are already falling apart LMFAO!!!

A thousand years of Roman empire? Hmmm. What is the history schooling like down under?

Rome was a real power for about 500 years. The rest of the time it was the superpower of Italy.

20 years of superpower status for the US? Hmm, I thought we gained that status after we managed to fight two world wars at the same time and win them, while supplying the Russians and England with equipment so they could fight too, and while building a ship a day, and a hundred planes a day. And that was the middle of the last century.

I never really heard of us calling ourselves an empire. I wish we were. Then instead of being all nice to those we conquer we could put them to good use for us. I would own 20 Afghanis and have them working my poppy crop.

The Western Roman Empire collapsed after 500 years but the East (Byzantine Empire) lasted to about 1450s which is over 1000 years.

America was not considered a superpower until after the Collapse of the Soviet Union in the 90s. Also America did not fight two world wars and win like you say, America arrived late in both world wars and most of the fighting was done by the Commonwealth/Russian forces rather than the Americans, hell even more Aussies died in WW1 than Americans shows how little you actually did.
While you were supplying the Russians and the British with materials, you were also supplying the enemy Germany....

Wow you were building a ship a day?
You do realise other countries were involved in WW2 right? And they too were mass producing weapons right?
In fact believe it or not, Australia had the largest air force in the world at the end of WW2, we had mass produced so many to fight the Japanese that we had the largest air force in the world!!!!

You would own 20 Afghanis? Really? I wonder what your role model President Washington would think of that!!!
Oh wait he owned slaves as WELL!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
To the American ATSer who could not resist clicking this thread, i ask you to prove why the US military is "the best in the world."

I see many of you...actually, 3 quarters of you rave on about how your military is the best to ever grace the modern Earth, that the US military is unstoppable (
) and that any one who would stand in your way will succumb to destruction.

i see many of you claiming that the USA would smash China and Russia with ease. I see heaps of you say that Iran will stand no chance if war were to occur. I will tell you now. Nothing is certain. None of you are on the inside of China's military, none of you have any say within Russia's military structure, yet most of you believe that both countries are still stuck in the Cold War Era. For all you know, China could have some amazing technology. Hey, it wouldn't surprise me, what with America getting China to manufacture weapon parts and chips dictating the performance of certain weapons and vehicles. (what a stupid idea).

Anyway, that was going off on a tangent. Back to the point.

Many of you claim that the US military is the best. A lot of you claim that Australia wouldn't exist if it weren't for the Americans in WW2 (that is simply untrue, as we defended ourselves).

Prove to me why the USA has the strongest Military. They were halted in Korea, defeated in Vietnam, lost the Iraq war, and are losing the Afghanistan war.

So prove to me ATS, why the US Military is the best in the world. Please no retarded opinionated comments. I want real facts, not some bull# propaganda.

Thanks

edit on 14-6-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

First, let me say that "best" is a relative term. You have to define what the military is "best" at.

If you're talking global nuclear war, it doesn't really matter who is best. Between best and second best, the world gets destroyed all the same, so being best doesn't really help. You just have to be good enough that your enemy will know that if they attack you, they will be destroyed, too.

If you're talking best at a non-nuclear global war, yeah, I think the US military is best. In a non-nuclear war, the steps to winning are clear.

1. Air superiority. If you control the air, you can attack ground and sea targets at will. China or Russia might be able to challenge US air superiority, but I don't think either could overwhelm the US individually. Together they might.

2. Control of the sea. If you control the sea, you force your enemy to transport their troops and war materials over land or air. If you can keep your enemy locked into one land mass, it becomes a war of attrition. The bigger their army, the harder it is to supply, the faster they run out of food and ammo. At this time, the US Navy reigns supreme. Even Russia and China combined could not match US control of the seas. Of course, a huge navy come with a huge price-tag.

3. Control of territory and resources, the final step. The way you are supposed to win a war is to take away your enemies ability to wage war, forcing them to either surrender or be destroyed. If they have no access to metal, oil, or rubber, it wouldn't matter if they had a billion infantry, they're not going anywhere and they have nothing to defend themselves.

Now, you bring up Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan and you say that they are defeats or losses. But remember your Tsung Su, all war is based on deception. If the US military was really at "war" with any of those countries, and brought its full military might, it would have been a simple matter to exterminate the populations of any of those countries. But that was not why the US military was there. Who does the US military see as the real enemy? And how do you defeat that enemy before you engage them in battle? Think it through and you'll see that the US is already waging WW3.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Erectus

Let me give you a few history lessons if i may. The US didn't win every battle in Vietnam, in fact they lost quite a few. Here is just one example:-

defenceforumindia.com...

The US didn't defeat Japan alone. It was an Allied operation. Here is just one example:-

en.wikipedia.org...

WWII was not won by The US. The Us was just part of the Allied Forces. In fact Britain France, Greece and the Commonwealth Countries defeated Hitlers Army in North Africa. The US only got involved during the "Mopping Up" phase:-

en.wikipedia.org...

The US only didn't achieve victory in Iraq. It was a coalition of different countries. The British took the south of Iraq:-

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus

The Western Roman Empire collapsed after 500 years but the East (Byzantine Empire) lasted to about 1450s which is over 1000 years.

America was not considered a superpower until after the Collapse of the Soviet Union in the 90s. Also America did not fight two world wars and win like you say, America arrived late in both world wars and most of the fighting was done by the Commonwealth/Russian forces rather than the Americans, hell even more Aussies died in WW1 than Americans shows how little you actually did.
While you were supplying the Russians and the British with materials, you were also supplying the enemy Germany....

Wow you were building a ship a day?
You do realise other countries were involved in WW2 right? And they too were mass producing weapons right?
In fact believe it or not, Australia had the largest air force in the world at the end of WW2, we had mass produced so many to fight the Japanese that we had the largest air force in the world!!!!

You would own 20 Afghanis? Really? I wonder what your role model President Washington would think of that!!!
Oh wait he owned slaves as WELL!!!!!!

You are counting the Byzantine empire as part of Romes' thousand year empire? Constantinople? Really?

27,073 Australian soldiers died in combat during WWII. The US lost a quarter million. I guess that shows how little you really did. As for more Australian deaths than American in WWI you are wrong.....again. 61,000 Aussies and 117,000 Americans. Australias airforce was much smaller than Americas at all points in history, before during and after WWII. Where do you get your facts?

Do you just make stuff up?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Erectus

Can't quite believe this thread is still going to be honest...........

However, for historical accuracy, the Byzantine Empire was a direct follow on from the Eastern Roman Empire. In fact, follow on is not actually a good description - the Byzantine Empire was simply a later name for the same Empire. So, yes, the Roman Empire was around for well over 1'000 years.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You can't win a war unless you completely annihilate the opposition. Going in and bombing regimes and them replacing them with other governments is not winning a war. War is made to completely destroy all that oppose you and since this doesn't ever happen, it's not winning a war. Such infantile mindsets here.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join