It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans - You claim your military is the best. Prove It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm not that nationalistic to say America has the best military. I know that we have a very good one that is hard to beat.

The proof is in our history, in our technology, and the fact that whenever things go wrong in the world you guys always come to us for help. WW I you guys came to us. WW II we were brought in because of Pearl Harbor. Vietnam North Korea came to us for help. Korean War came to us for help. Iraq War Kuwait came to US for help as did the UN. OPEC. Israel. Everybody comes to America for help.

So if we're not a very good military, why do you guys keep coming to America for help? Then you guys don't like the way we do things and start hating on America and criticizing us every chance you get and magically forget that you guys came to us for help.

If you don't want us to help, solve your own damned problems.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It all boils down to who has the most slacker Soldiers vs. those who have the least. The military with the least usually has the edge in any conflict.

Oh, and then there is the tech side as well. Of which I would say the US has the edge, but by only so much. Never underestimate the opposition.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I'm not that nationalistic to say America has the best military. I know that we have a very good one that is hard to beat.

The proof is in our history, in our technology, and the fact that whenever things go wrong in the world you guys always come to us for help. WW I you guys came to us. WW II we were brought in because of Pearl Harbor. Vietnam North Korea came to us for help. Korean War came to us for help. Iraq War Kuwait came to US for help as did the UN. OPEC. Israel. Everybody comes to America for help.

So if we're not a very good military, why do you guys keep coming to America for help? Then you guys don't like the way we do things and start hating on America and criticizing us every chance you get and magically forget that you guys came to us for help.

If you don't want us to help, solve your own damned problems.

Nah, you've missed the point. As the new boys on the nation scene, you are still happy to pay for the wars and all the older, weary nations are quite content to let the new kid on the block pick up the tab!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by reddwhite
One time my DS walked in after we where in the field for 3 days, and walked to the very back corner of the 60 man bay, looked under a bunk and found the smallest dust bunny ever seen. He closed all the windows, turned the heat up all th way ordered us to dress in our winter uniforms and smoked us, for over an hour. Because it is by nature an very exacting job, the training is also very exacting. You will never see a late artillery man, our job is time on target. We do our jobs quite well, even in bad to very bad conditions.

I always just assumed that mine wasn't the only job training their soldiers hard and well at all things soldiering.

I concur with this... We had a first sergeant who was a hard ass. I was supposed to be on orders to not do anything physical for a day because I might bleed a bit too much... I didn't see him near me, and I got smoked for about 2 hours in the hospital waiting room area... I tried to show him the paper with my physical restraints written on it, but that made it worse Haha.

I don't think civilians get it... The point of these times isn't torture, it's so you never mess up in real life. To this day I can break down an M-16 have it cleaned oiled and back together in 5 minutes. The Brazilian jujitsu training was my favorite. Rifle training... I can nail a target at 300 meters with Iron sights in about 2 seconds. I'm not even infantry.

I trained around the 82nd and 101st..
Hated running into their Sergeants... Intense.

I think that if China and Russia are actually our enemies, then we are feigning weakness. It's all in the art of war..
The media lies to you guys.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I wasn't meaning to attack so I;m sorry if you felt that way. Yes I do know that the aussies worked with the us in WWII. I don't think you will be able to get a clear answer and irrefutable proof that any country has the best. The US has some of the best equipment and tech and look how many casualties we have taken in Iraq and Afghanistan. Like someone else said. Never underestimate the opposition.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Depends on the conflict, surely? In Afghanistan and Iraq, the nature of the fighting means that all the tech in the world isn't necessarily of any advantage. If these wars were, instead, being fought in battle formations on a battlefield, US casualties would be far far lower and both wars would have been finished in short order.

Instead, with the type of warfare having to be undertaken, large scale casualties are unavoidable and "victory" is highly unlikely, never mind being hard to achieve.

Or, in other words, all the tech and equipment in the world is only any use if the opposition agree to play by the same rules as you.

Makes sense to me, however, as a former fighting man, what would your take on that be?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
To the American ATSer who could not resist clicking this thread, i ask you to prove why the US military is "the best in the world."

First, let me say that, although I live in America, I'm hardly any sort of patriot; I have an entire plethora of gripes with this country. That being said, however, no reasonably informed person can deny that America has the strongest and most capable military in the modern world. This isn't singing the praises of America; it's just stating a very obvious fact.

It has already been proven, numerous times and in multiple ways, throughout modern history. Asking someone to prove this to you is like asking someone to prove that lemons taste sour; the challenge is just absurd.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This thread is so ignorant.. the US without a doubt is far superior to any other force on the planet. This is an obvious attemtp to spark yet another debate on how much the US is trying to be better than everyone else on the planet. Im so sick of this pissing contest.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

US military isn't the best in the world by using WWII technology.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

And the same could be said about any military.

Actually, there is a cyber war going on now because China keeps trying to hack into intellegence and steal military secrets, especially jet plans.

So no, I don't think China has any advantage.
edit on 14-6-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Actually, technology has saved a lot of casualties.

Vietnam: 211, 000 dead and wounded
Afghanistan and Iraq combined: 48,000

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Actually, technology has saved a lot of casualties.

Vietnam: 211, 000 dead and wounded
Afghanistan and Iraq combined: 48,000

I understand that, but the fact remains that it does not take superior technology to fight todays military and have success. The will to fight is stronger than any weapon on earth.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
while America's got the numbers and the technology but theres alot more to winning a war than just simple numbers as before you can kill the enemy you have to find them and theres no one daft enough to go into a straight on willy waving contest and these days you cant do total warfare where you kill every man/woman/child in your path

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Yup, because we stole the internet, and gps, the airplane, kevlar, night vision, and nuclear technology....and the interstate.

The superhighway is so successful that China is copying it down to even the color of the street signs.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Insert fart sound here ( )

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
This thread is so ignorant.. the US without a doubt is far superior to any other force on the planet. This is an obvious attemtp to spark yet another debate on how much the US is trying to be better than everyone else on the planet. Im so sick of this pissing contest.

HYPOCRITE

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
while America's got the numbers and the technology but theres alot more to winning a war than just simple numbers as before you can kill the enemy you have to find them and theres no one daft enough to go into a straight on willy waving contest and these days you cant do total warfare where you kill every man/woman/child in your path

That is why most cowards throw up their offense and then try to run into a crowded area of innocents.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

TROLLOLOLOLOL

edit on 14-6-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The war machine the government created is not what makes us strong, it's the people of the US that need to be feared...because if you T them off you better look out.

In other words the politicians don't know how to finish what they start, on the other side if you mess with the people and get them involved we could end it all, for everyone; including ourselves.

Don't Tread On Me refers to the individual not the whole. With that said if you combine the two (US Gov. + US People) you got a total new problem.

Not everybody in the US agrees with the political war machine and what they do today, but if add all of us (supporting what needs to be done) then and it’s a different story. Do you remember what happened to Japan back in the day?
edit on 6/14/2012 by Shdak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join