It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Words Of Wisdom From Germanicus And Friends.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

"Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention."
- John Doe

"I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables – slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy [SNIP] we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won't. We're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
- Tyler Durden

"You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your [SNIP]ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."
- Tyler Durden

“I’m just sick of ego, ego, ego. My own and everybody else’s. I’m sick of everybody that wants to get somewhere, do something distinguished and all, be somebody interesting. It’s disgusting.” - Franny Glass

"If I were a piano player, I'd play it in the goddam closet." -Holden Caulfield

[From one of his journals] "On the subway today, a man came up to me to start a conversation. He made small talk, a lonely man talking about the weather and other things. I tried to be pleasant and accommodating, but my head began to hurt from his banality. I almost didn't notice it had happened, but I suddenly threw up all over him. He was not pleased, and I couldn't stop laughing."
- John Doe

[From one of his journals] "What sick ridiculous puppets we are / and what gross little stage we dance on / What fun we have dancing and [SNIP]ing / Not a care in the world / Not knowing that we are nothing / We are not what was intended."
- John Doe

"You cliche of an individual. You poor tracing. You cant interest a girl without an iphone in your pocket. Cant gain a look without the right clothes and hair. You need the right car. You pathetic deluded little mini-capitalist. Out for all you can get. Forever compensating for what you dont know you are missing. Always running to an unknown finish line in a race that doesnt exist. Full of schadenfreude for those you think you are beating." - Germanicus

"I nursed him through two divorces, a coc aine rehab, and a pregnant receptionist. God's creature, right? God's special creature. I've warned him, Kevin. I've warned him every step of the way. Watching him bounce around like a [SNIP]ing game. Like a wind-up toy. Like 250 pounds of self-serving greed on wheels. The next thousand years is right around the corner. Eddie Barzoon... take a good look, because he's the poster child for the next millennium. These people, it's no mystery where they come from. You sharpen the human appetite to the point where it can split atoms with its desire. You build egos the size of cathedrals. Fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse. Grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green gold-plated fantasies until every human becomes an aspiring emperor, becomes his own god. Where can you go from there? As we're scrambling from one deal to the next, who's got his eye on the planet? As the air thickens, the water sours, even bees' honey takes on the metallic taste of radioactivity... and it just keeps coming, faster and faster. There's no chance to think, to prepare; it's buy futures, sell futures... when there is no future. We got a runaway train, boy. We got a billion Eddie Barzoons all jogging into the future. Every one of them is getting ready to [SNIP] God's ex-planet, lick their fingers clean, as they reach out toward their pristine, cybernetic keyboards to tote up their [SNIP]ing billable hours. And then it hits home. You got to pay your own way, Eddie. It's a little late in the game to buy out now. Your belly's too full, your [SNIP] is sore, your eyes are bloodshot and you're screaming for someone to help. But guess what — there's no one there! You're all alone, Eddie. You're God's special little creature. Maybe it's true. Maybe God threw the dice once too often. Maybe He let us all down."
- The Devil

"You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your [SNIP]ng khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."
- Tyler Durden

"You are all paying for tullips. The diseased tullips are the most expensive. You advanced western consumers have been fooled. The things that we value have little value. The things we find important are of little importance. society values the wrong people for the wrong reasons."- Germanicus

" Just because I'm so horribly conditioned to accept everybody else's values, and just because I like applause and people to rave about me, doesn't make it right. I'm ashamed of it. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody."- Franny Glass

"It's everybody, I mean. Everything everybody does is so — I don't know — not wrong, or even mean, or even stupid necessarily. But just so tiny and meaningless and — sad-making. And the worst part is, if you go bohemian or something crazy like that, you're conforming just as much only in a different way." - Franny Glass

"You raved and you bitched when you came home about the stupidity of audiences. The goddam 'unskilled laughter' coming from the fifth row. And that's right, that's right — God knows it's depressing. I'm not saying it isn't. But that's none of your business, really. That's none of your business, Franny. An artist's only concern is to shoot for some kind of perfection, and on his own terms, not anyone else's."- Zooey Glass

“I am always saying "Glad to've met you" to somebody I'm not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff, though.” - Holden Caufied

“I'm sick of just liking people. I wish to God I could meet somebody I could respect.” - Franny Glass

"First you've gotta know, not fear, know, that someday you're gonna die."
- Tyler Durden

Brain matter beneath my nails
Fragments of smashed skull
Ripping out entrails
Of victim to the cull

This is no vivisection
I bite into your heart
Beyond disaffection
I'll tear soul apart

I want to taste your pain
Savour it a while
Feel my terror reign
See my evil smile

I'll give you decimation
Erase you from existence
Hear my proclamation
Futile is resistance

I killed Tyler Durden
Killed him really slow
He became a burden
So Tyler had to go

I have become a God
I have gained ascension
Scorched earth where I trod
Im in a new dimension

I charged through the Ninth Gate
Satan bowed before me
Riding on my hate
I would show no mercy

I put Satan to the sword
Burnt out the flames of hell
I now control his hoard
Beyond where mortals dwell. - Germanicus

"I look like you wanna look, I [SNIP] like you wanna [SNIP], I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I'm free in all the ways that you are not."
- Tyler Durden

"Most of you make it very hard for me to want to shine my shoes for the Fat Lady if you know what I mean. And I know that you dont." - Germanicus.
edit on 14/6/12 by masqua because: Added 'ex' tags and links for external content

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
So money fightclub quotes. The book was better than the movie

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Interesting quotes.

Is this going to be another "I hate America " thread?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Interesting quotes.

Is this going to be another "I hate America " thread?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Just wondering. Seen enough of those threads lately.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Just wondering. Seen enough of those threads lately.

Really?

Well expect alot more.

To the Honourable The Speaker and Members of the House of Representatives This petition of concerned citizens draws to the attention of the House: The Australian government is negotiating a Trans-Pacific Partnership free trade agreement (TPPA) with the US, New Zealand, Chile, Peru, Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam. But the agenda is being set by giant US corporations. They see many Australian health, social, cultural and environmental policies are barriers to trade which should be removed. They want to use the negotiations to undermine the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme and charge higher prices for medicines, to give special rights for corporations to sue governments, to remove labelling of genetically modified food, to undermine local jobs and fair employment conditions for government contracts, and to weaken policies for Australian content in film, television and digital media. They also oppose including enforceable labour rights and environmental protections in the agreement.

parlinfo.aph.gov.au...;page=0;query=TPPA;rec=0;resCount=Default
Is this guy 'anti-american'? Is he? Im sure by your flawed logic that he is. People like you make it so hard.

And no. This thread has nothing to do with America. I would think that is obvious. Chuck Palahniuk is American. Andrew Kevin Walker is American. JD Salinger was American.

So what are you talking about? Are they all 'anti-american' now too?

edit- But since you brought it up, we all know where the centre of the Death Star is. Delaware. Actually, we dont all know that do we?
edit on 14-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I do like your quotes, they are interesting and I've bookmarked a few. I realize they aren't "anti-America," so I apologize for jumping to conclusions. It just seems to be a....theme with certain folks.

I'm sure there will be more anti-American threads. That's fine; American foreign policy sucks. We DO need to discuss it. Just realize American government and American people are totally separate entities.

I'm sorry for derailing your thread and I apologize.

And thanks for the remark about Delaware...that made my day.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I do like your quotes, they are interesting and I've bookmarked a few. I realize they aren't "anti-America," so I apologize for jumping to conclusions. It just seems to be a....theme with certain folks.

I'm sure there will be more anti-American threads. That's fine; American foreign policy sucks. We DO need to discuss it. Just realize American government and American people are totally separate entities.

I'm sorry for derailing your thread and I apologize.

And thanks for the remark about Delaware...that made my day.

"Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention." - John Doe

If you cant see that I am worried about you people thats fine. If you cant see that Im worried about the world. Thats fine. The reason I am worried is because of your government. Shocking isnt it?

Im not sure what you mean with the Delaware remark. I would like to give you credit but my gut tells me that you have no idea what I am talking about. Instead of being so defensive of criticism of your government, many of you would do well to take it in. Stop defending your monster of a corporate government. It is not anti-american to call it for what it is. Imperialism, look it up. Re-read, or read my extext and go to the my governments site and read about what you are trying to do to us. Amongst other things, we value our Health System. It seems Americans do not. If you want to live under evil corporatists, fine. Most of the rest of us do not. We cant vote in your Imperial elections. Most of you do not even bother to vote. Only the american public can save themselves, and save the rest of us. But what do many of you do? Defend your government with tooth and nail on every international issue. As if your government is some great wonder. And please do not mention Foriegn Aid Corporate scams. I cant believe you send military 'aid' to pakistan. Give contracts to american corporations for rebuilding projects and others...... You all know how messed up your government is to you guys. 90% of the content on the site is anti-american stuff from americans. Its fine when its partisan nonsense though isnt it? Heads up, R=D, D=R. Simple. Why do you have no viable third party option even though congress has an all time low approval rating? Because you are all defeatists. But you also think you have some strange inherent right to rule the world. Like you will remain on top forever no matter what. So you continue to allow yourselves to be dragged along.. Its pathetic. Look at Europe. They are all getting the courage to turn away from the traditional parties. Why the heck arent you guys? Have you ever looked at the americanselect website for example? I have. I also know about Jerry White and Gary Johnson.....most of you americans dont seem to give a [SNIP] about whats going on. Seems many have given up now that Ron Paul is finished (people could have ensured he would go independant if he had enough support on americanselect. Thats too hard though isnt it? ) His foriegn policy would have been great even though he was a Republican and we need to vote the major parties out, not in.. He was the only guy thinking about the rest of the world. Seems most of you dont care. Wont listen to the troubles of other nations. Wont believe that your government could ever do wrong
.So now it seems you all give up and decide between R=D and D=R. Pathetic. Rome extended voting rights beyond Roman citizens because their government affected not just the Romans way of life. If you people will not keep your government in check internationally at least, then I think its about time all the people in the west at least, get to vote in your Imperial elections.By defending your government constantly, you are helping them out. You are complicit. Thanks alot

Almost forgot.

The state of Delaware is the corporate home of over 1,000,000 corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, not for profit corporations and other corporate entities, with hundreds of thousands more added each year. For a state with a small population, this is a lot of companies. Why do so many companies want to incorporate here?

www.usa-corporate.com...
I am not here to learn in case you didnt notice. Not that I dont keep my eye out. So, maybe instead of being defensive and ignoring my concerns, and calling me 'anti-american', which I am not, and I take great offense by the way,and I dont appreciate you messing with my thread by drawing the anti-american card when my thread is pretty much about americans. but I was trying to say a little more than that. I wont bore you. Anyway, I am not anti-american. Of course I have a problem with your government.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Thread closed so that quotes from those other than the OP's can be linked and sourced.

Re-opened, but the OP still requires some edits for Copyright Compliance.
edit on 14/6/12 by masqua because: (no reason given)

join