It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police blow up broken-down car after dozy tourist parked it just yards from the Houses of Parliament

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Toy tiger sparks police operation

A life-size toy tiger sparked a major police operation in the UK.

The inanimate object looked so much like an actual man-eating beast, armed officers and a force helicopter were called to remove it from a field in Hampshire.

After clearing a nearby golf course, police approached the beast only to find it was in fact a cuddly toy.

A police spokeswoman said: "After a brief stalk through the Hedge End savannah, the officer realised the tiger was not moving and the air support using their cameras realised there was a lack of heat source.

"The tiger then rolled over in the down draft and it was at that point it became obvious it was a stuffed life-size toy."

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

I have no time for opinions.

Are you sure about that?
You seem to spend ample time posting yours.

Gaddafi donated a lot of weapons to the IRA. Funny that you blame the US for it but don't mention Libya.
It must have been a good cause, if Libya and the US had common ground?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

You have no concept of civility:

www.merriam-webster.com...

I'm also not entirely sure you understand what an opinion is:

en.wikipedia.org...

Enjoy

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Citybig

Are you sure about that?

Gaddafi donated a lot of weapons to the IRA. Funny that you blame the US for it but don't mention Libya.

What you fail to realise is, the more you gloat and mock the suffering my countrymen had to suffer because of your actions, the further you solidify my abject hatred for your people and nation, so please, I fully encourage you to continue.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0010110011101
reply to post by Citybig

en.wikipedia.org...

Enjoy

That's pretty incivil of you, don't you think? Such a hostile tone you are taking. I do hope you realise just how childish you are making yourself look.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

reply to post by Citybig

Are you sure about that?

What you fail to realise is, the more you gloat and mock the suffering my countrymen had to suffer because of your actions, the further you solidify my abject hatred for your people and nation, so please, I fully encourage you to continue.
I doubt that there is anything that anyone could do to soothe the hatred that burns in your heart.
That's too bad, because IMO, mean people suck.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

Are you sure about that?

1. I'm English for the record, born in Hammersmith.
2. "Because of your actions". Are you saying he is directly to blame?

You do understand the danger of making sweeping generalisations don't you? It's like saying all Irishmen were members of the IRA. Or, all Americans are fat. Or, all black men are drug dealers.

I cannot see where your the gloating and mocking of your "fellow countrymen" as you call is apparent. I would wager that most of your "fellow countrymen" would find your demeanour and conduct highly embarrassing. I do.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

en.wikipedia.org...

Enjoy

That's pretty incivil of you, don't you think? Such a hostile tone you are taking. I do hope you realise just how childish you are making yourself look.

"UNCIVIL"

Where as you are clearly the bastion and epitome of maturity, good manners and respect aren't you? I suggest we both move on as to not derail this thread any further.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Citybig

Are you sure about that?

1. I'm English for the record, born in Hammersmith.
2. "Because of your actions". Are you saying he is directly to blame?

You do understand the danger of making sweeping generalisations don't you? It's like saying all Irishmen were members of the IRA. Or, all Americans are fat. Or, all black men are drug dealers.

I cannot see where your the gloating and mocking of your "fellow countrymen" as you call is apparent. I would wager that most of your "fellow countrymen" would find your demeanour and conduct highly embarrassing. I do.

I find your cozying up to the Americans highly embarrassing, but then, what would I expect from a little poodle like yourself.

Educate yourself, those people have been nothing but hostile to us over the last 7 decades.

You sicken me to my core.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Citybig

Educate yourself, those people have been nothing but hostile to us over the last 7 decades.

Silly me, I though the Germans were bombing England during the Blitz.

It must have been us 'hostile' Americans though.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Is everyone going to endorse them going around blowing things up all the time. And if this vehicle was right near their government buildings, I would understand their quick response to doing this.

But the comments about, blowing things up that are left out lying around London or the UK, as if this should be protocol with everything really alarmed me.

And post after post of that sentiment too.

Things don't get blown up just for because they are lying around. In most cases they are items or vehicles left in protected areas (ie around military bases, in the current case Parliament) with clearly posted restrictions.

The vehicle was close to Parliament - close enough to be in a restricted zone. Just for a sense of scale, the Oklahoma City bomb caused damage to buildings within a 16-block (about a mile?) radius.

The protocol was largely developed when the UK was subject to an active mainland bombing campaign by the IRA. That kind of thing will colour your perception. It's also the excuse given for never having enough litterbins in train stations, which annoys the heck out of me.

We also have large amounts of unexploded bombs from the war that keep being found during construction work.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join