It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VEGAN for 3.5 Months. Massive hair loss.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Hi Everyone!

I would just like to sincerely thank all that have posted and given advice. I have read every single post but unfortunately cannot reply to each to one. So I hope a mass THANK YOU! will suffice.

I thought I would just respond to some of the comments that I can remember off the top of my head.

I am in no way a "scrawny" Vegan as some posted...
I am what people would describe as 'petite' 5'4 and about 100 pounds. But I do have meat on me. I don't think anyone would label me Vegan just by looking at me.
Since going Vegan, I can't really say that I have lost any weight, I look the same. Just not as bloated as before.

I agree with those that mentioned Celiac or Gluten Intolerance. I have always had dark Circles under my eyes. And have been told by a doctor in my school years that I have an Iron deficiency. How severe, I am not sure. Iron supplements never made a difference to the dark circles under my eyes anyway.

So the decision I have made now as far as my diet is to include eggs and goats cheese as I said before. I have already bought a natural and organic B vitamin supplement for now. B12 should be okay now with the goats cheese and eggs. I am not going overboard either. Two eggs twice a week should be okay. And yes, they are from a nearby farm, roam freely, no hormones, nothing.

Thanks again to everyone who made this decision a little bit easier. It means a great deal that so many people are willing to post for something like this and even create an account just to respond.

TH

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
reply to post by Furbs

Pica is a disorder. It isn't a good example to debunk the scientific FACT that a craving is the body's way of trying to satisfy nutritional needs.

That may be true for some kinds of craving but not all. More cravings than what we're consciously aware are a symptom of addiction. Sugar, fat, caffeine, sex - to name a few.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

The only time my hair started to thin out to the point that it became a problem for me was after my 3 surgery, the anesthesia played a role on that, no the diet, I got my gallbladder remove in an emergency surgery this started about 3 month post op and went on for several weeks, now 1 year later my hair is back to be lush and full like always.

So it may not be the diet after all.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

It may be due to the meds hormonal change or female pattern baldness.
check your nails if they have ridges from top to bottom your missing something like B 12 and other things.
Try raw organic Egg yolk Quail is best in your smoothys. Or eat lightly cooked.
Organic whole non homogenized milk make into yogurt. Vegetarianism cooked high raw stay clear from to much Starch!
Juicing is wonderful,soaked raw Seeds walnuts,and green Algae very important.
Listen to your Body most important.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join