It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VEGAN for 3.5 Months. Massive hair loss.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by merkej23

Later I found the type O blood is the meat eaters, the O means OLD BLOOD, its the oldest know blood type, and dates back to nomad man. In type O , you must eat red meat and white meat (BUT pork is a NONO) fish and lots of veggies but no grains and no dairy (except butter) no cabbage or brussels sprouts and it goes on and on so look up your blood type and go by the diet my hair loss ended (and grew back) I'm losing weight and I have TONS of energy. Here's a link hope they and this helped

Hi, thanks for your post.
I am type A+ so according to the blood type diet, I shoud be eating fish and dairy. Not actually supposed to eat red meat at all, aparantly chicken is okay sometimes. Although, I don't eat any of the above.

I did eat an omlet the other night though... which I bought from a farm as I mentioned previously "Camphill". So at least there is some good in that.

Sorry that you had to sneak out for meat. My boyfriend is a meat eater, and I still cook it for him. I just don't eat it. I don't like making others feel bad about things like that.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by PurpleChiten

"Jello" can be made from seal kelp as well.

Agar-agar made from sea kelp can be used as a vegan substitute for making vegan-safe "jello" -- but it's not a NUTRITIONAL substitute for gelatin (made from boiled down animal bones, etc.).

Real gelatin is loaded with much needed collagen and acts as a catalyst for better nutrient absorption when combined with other food -- especially fresh, raw veggies.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoppedUp

Originally posted by maxpayne596
reply to post by prancie

There is no such thing as HUMANE meat, dairy, eggs. Even free range options still cause untold suffering. If you think otherwise you are lying to yourself. The farming process of these animals is torture then murder. They are all sentient beings that deserve better.

Watch this:

www.earthlings.com...

There is a thread you should read, my friend, here on ATS about plants communicating with one another through their roots. That would denote a form of sentience as well. That would make plants sentient beings if they can communicate, which the study featured on that thread does seem to prove. Just because plants don't have eyes, fur and they are mostly stationary...doesn't mean they aren't living beings. Living SENTIENT beings. And yet we humans commit atrocities against all of plant kind. We seed their children onto concentration camps called farms, where we refer to them as crops. We spray poisons all over them in their adolescence to keep insects off of them (thus killing the insect too, also a form of sentient life) and riddle them with hormones and fertilizers to speed their growth for our convenience. When we harvest root vegetables like radishes and carrots, we are killing entire beings.

Chlorophyll in a plants veins function much like the blood in our own veins, and when we prune them, pinch a bit off of them, or bruise them they do "bleed" and who knows the pain they may indeed feel. Some trees we straight up mutilate, like the boswellia species, where mankind has scraped the outer bark and made incisions into the tree for centuries to collect the exude sap, which we dry and call frankincense. If those trees could talk to us, some having lived as long as 100 years being scraped and cut yearly, what tales of pain and agony would they have to tell us? What should we eat then? Maybe we should all starve or sprout solar panels from our extremities and speed evolution along somehow to make our stomachs and alimentary tracts vestigial organs so we don't have to harm ANY living sentient beings to sustain our bodies.

I have never heard a plant whimper when I pick its fruit or seen one curl up in fear when it sees its buddy cut into pieces in front of its eyes ( oh thats right - plants don't have eyes!). Plants are alive - but there is no consciousness there, no knowledge of the outside world, no reaction to danger, nothing that shows thinking, no soul. This is just a feeble attempt to justify ending of a sentient being's life for your momentary consumption of its flesh. Plants are not sentient beings. But your post does prove that you don't need intelligence to have consciousness.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yup, guess Vegans will have to starve now....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I have never heard a plant whimper when I pick its fruit or seen one curl up in fear when it sees its buddy cut into pieces in front of its eyes ( oh thats right - plants don't have eyes!). Plants are alive - but there is no consciousness there, no knowledge of the outside world, no reaction to danger, nothing that shows thinking, no soul. This is just a feeble attempt to justify ending of a sentient being's life for your momentary consumption of its flesh. Plants are not sentient beings. But your post does prove that you don't need intelligence to have consciousness.

Nice jab, homie. I hear diets devoid of proper nourishment can cause aggression and muddled thinking, so I'll give you the free pass you deserve.

Anyway, how do you KNOW the plant did not scream? I can go to Russia right now, and have no idea what anyone is saying because I do not speak Russian. They can be calling me anything save for a child of the Earth or welcoming me, and I'd be none the wiser. My point is, we may not yet understand the language of the plant, but much scientific research is emerging that is proving plants are sentient beings with their own forms of communication. Are you suggesting, that just because an organism does not have the anatomical features you have come to expect on a "sentient" being, that they are incapable of sentience? I like to keep an open mind. I think the research about the plants being feeling, thinking organisms is frightening to the vegan. What would you guys do if you had to dismount and put the mighty stallion of self righteousness in the stable?

In the meantime, you are danged skippy my friend, I will be enjoying my life on Earth the best that I can and eating everything from algae to bull elk. While we are on the topic, I wanted to ask this to a vegan for a long time. Let's say you all get your magical wish, and let's start small and say...75% of the USA consumer base quit eating meat cold turkey, overnight. Nevertheless, all of the meat retailers and farmers still have stores of meat in their ice lockers and refer trucks for transport. Supermarkets are still full of tons upon tons of meat nationwide. Tip of the iceberg in such a fantastic hypothetical scenario, for sure, but tell me, what should we do with the meat even in that case? Let it rot to make a moral point? Burn it with fire? What about the countless head of livestock, what of them? Let them loose in the cities? I'm just trying to get on your highly intelligent level.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Nice jab, homie. I hear diets devoid of proper nourishment can cause aggression and muddled thinking, so I'll give you the free pass you deserve.

Anyway, how do you KNOW the plant did not scream? I can go to Russia right now, and have no idea what anyone is saying because I do not speak Russian. They can be calling me anything save for a child of the Earth or welcoming me, and I'd be none the wiser. My point is, we may not yet understand the language of the plant, but much scientific research is emerging that is proving plants are sentient beings with their own forms of communication. Are you suggesting, that just because an organism does not have the anatomical features you have come to expect on a "sentient" being, that they are incapable of sentience? I like to keep an open mind. I think the research about the plants being feeling, thinking organisms is frightening to the vegan. What would you guys do if you had to dismount and put the mighty stallion of self righteousness in the stable?

In the meantime, you are danged skippy my friend, I will be enjoying my life on Earth the best that I can and eating everything from algae to bull elk. While we are on the topic, I wanted to ask this to a vegan for a long time. Let's say you all get your magical wish, and let's start small and say...75% of the USA consumer base quit eating meat cold turkey, overnight. Nevertheless, all of the meat retailers and farmers still have stores of meat in their ice lockers and refer trucks for transport. Supermarkets are still full of tons upon tons of meat nationwide. Tip of the iceberg in such a fantastic hypothetical scenario, for sure, but tell me, what should we do with the meat even in that case? Let it rot to make a moral point? Burn it with fire? What about the countless head of livestock, what of them? Let them loose in the cities? I'm just trying to get on your highly intelligent level.

As far as I know no REPUTABLE study has ever shown that plants can "feel pain". They lack the nervous system and brain necessary for this to happen. A plant can respond to stimuli, for example by turning towards the light or closing over a fly, but that is not the same thing. It is also hard to see what purpose pain could serve for the plant, since they can hardly run away. Now Imagine living your life in a small, filthy cage constantly in pain, unable to stand or lie down comfortably. After months of agony, your torture finally ends at the slaughterhouse. Where you stand in line, not able to run, watching your kind be cut up in front of you.

As far as your question about what to do with all the animals - Living and dead: The dead should be buried and returned to the earth. The living should be allowed to live out their natural lives at one of the many animal sanctuaries. This question shows your bias and ignorance.

He is a heavy eater of beef. Me thinks it doth harm to his wit.
--Shakespeare in "Twelfth Night"

“The question is not: Can they reason? Nor can they talk? But can they suffer?” Jeremy Bentham

A righteous man takes care of his beast, but the heart of the wicked is merciless.
--Proverbs 12:10

"You have just dined, and however scrupulously the slaughterhouse is concealed In the graceful distance of miles, there is complicity."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

Please, I understand the moral issues here, but you are designed to eat meat, period. You simply have got to have it. You need the calories that meat provide in order to maintain normal bodily functions. Yes I know, there are volumes of information out there denying this, and some go so far as to say that we should never under any circumstances eat meat. And can you get away with it? Sure, if you live in an area with all the veggies that can supplement what you are missing, but since the overwhelming majority of earths population does not have access to every kind of fruit o veggie, I'd say that you probably don't.

Our brains consume vast amounts of calories, it needs them, and most of the time the only way to provide them is to eat an animal.

Put it this way. We ARE a predatory species. It's how we evolved. We need more protein, and more calories than most other animals of proportional size in order to maintain proper funtionality. Take a look at a cow, it wanders around munching on grass, chewing it's cud, all day, every day. In order to sustain it's caloric consumption, it has to eat 167 pounds of grass per day, which is about equal to 5,000 calories per day. Humans Burn roughly 2,000 calories per day on average. So in order to survive as a cow would, you would have to eat just over 55 pounds of grass every single day, just to sustain the amount of calories you burn on a daily basis. See the problem here? Eating one third to one quarter of your own body weight just to keep it moving.

Evolution has provided us with a much better system for caloric intake. We can process both meat and vegetation. Which means we can allow a cow to consume 167 pounds of grass, let it's body break it down, and convert it into fuel, then we eat the cow, providing us with densely packed calories and nutrients, without having to graze around in a field all day.

Whats my point? You need to eat meat. I'm not saying you have to do this all the time, with every meal. But you should have a small portion of chicken, fish, beef, whatever, on your plate at dinner time. Just don't make meat the main course, it shouldn't be anyway. No one disagrees that today's society eats far too much animal product, and no one thinks that you could ever have too many veggies. But give your body a break, and have a chicken breast with your salad tonight, maybe have a nice slice of trout with it tomorrow night. Go catch it yourself if you're worried about fish farmers.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
those poor poor plants, RIPPED up from the soil by their roots!!! The AGONY!!!

Just sitting there, minding their own business, basking in the warm glow of the sun, then BAM!!! they're RIPPED out of the ground and some horrible life form starts EATING them, right then and there!!

Then, if that's not bad enough, all of their relatives are RIPPED from the ground too and taken somewhere and MORE of those horrible life forms EAT them too!!!
Sometimes they're even TORTURED before their ultimate demise by some sort of water boarding and then boiled alive!! What a horrendous death they face at the hands of these terrorists!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Who is not supposed to eat red meat at all ? (Its not too clear from your post if thats for you or your ideas for everyone. )

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

As far as I know no REPUTABLE study has ever shown that plants can "feel pain". They lack the nervous system and brain necessary for this to happen. A plant can respond to stimuli, for example by turning towards the light or closing over a fly, but that is not the same thing. It is also hard to see what purpose pain could serve for the plant, since they can hardly run away. Now Imagine living your life in a small, filthy cage constantly in pain, unable to stand or lie down comfortably. After months of agony, your torture finally ends at the slaughterhouse. Where you stand in line, not able to run, watching your kind be cut up in front of you.

As far as your question about what to do with all the animals - Living and dead: The dead should be buried and returned to the earth. The living should be allowed to live out their natural lives at one of the many animal sanctuaries. This question shows your bias and ignorance.

He is a heavy eater of beef. Me thinks it doth harm to his wit.
--Shakespeare in "Twelfth Night"

“The question is not: Can they reason? Nor can they talk? But can they suffer?” Jeremy Bentham

A righteous man takes care of his beast, but the heart of the wicked is merciless.
--Proverbs 12:10

"You have just dined, and however scrupulously the slaughterhouse is concealed In the graceful distance of miles, there is complicity."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Again, how do you KNOW? Are you conducting these research experiments on the plants? You seem keen to dismiss the possibility that plants *are* sentient beings for your own benefit. For then you have no more moral high road. Your quotes are useless. What do they prove? Anecdote and personal musings of people with their own prejudices and biases? Another user gave you the link to the thread about the plants, and not only that, you can find a ton of similar research articles on every reading level doing a quick google search. I'm not about to do the work for you. You made a login and created an account here just to come up here and bash the dietary choices of other people. That's clear to see. It must be that serious to you. You can mock me till the cows come home, but I am going to eat meat, and so is the vast majority of the world's population with due access to it. You can't stop any of us.

Your reply to my hypothetical query was amusing. So, we would be to bury the meat...meat that could nourish and sustain countless people more effectively than vegetation could, but we should bury it when we have millions of hungry people right here in the USA. Then, you say, the livestock should be sanctioned to animal sanctuaries. Without the revenue generated from rearing them to sell for market, what farmer could afford to feed the numbers we have today? Not to mention, give them vet care. Your answer shows your own heavily biased, singular and emotional thought patterns. Do you deny that in any quantity, meat contains more bioavailable nutrients than grains and vegetables? Why are so many people finding success with diets high in animal products? For example, many vegans tout that high lignan flax oil is just as bioavailable and effective as fish oil. Many medical studies have found this to be UNTRUE. Flax oil simply does not assimilate into the body the way fish oil does, nor does it provide desired levels of DHA and EPA, just two essential fatty acids necessary for human health.

I do not deny that vegans can be healthy and a vegan diet may also correct the rare ailment, but the average vegan relies on supplements and pills and get proper nourishment. In the wild, is that feasible? Do you ever think about the amount of small animals like moles, mice and rats that are killed so you can have your soy and vegetable harvests? These aren't even eaten, just caught and killed in combines and threshers. Suffering is suffering, right? I fail to see an expensive, supplement heavy yuppie diet that very few can afford to eat properly (and even eaten "properly", some vegans still have problems) as the ideal dietary formula for the average human. Many people like the OP for example, eat a varied vegan diet and still experience problems with their health. Can you explain that? Is it a cleansing reaction or it is a figment of their imaginations to be repressed in the name of morality when their body begins to crave meat and eggs?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Just sitting there, minding their own business, basking in the warm glow of the sun, then BAM!!! they're RIPPED out of the ground and some horrible life form starts EATING them, right then and there!!

Then, if that's not bad enough, all of their relatives are RIPPED from the ground too and taken somewhere and MORE of those horrible life forms EAT them too!!!
Sometimes they're even TORTURED before their ultimate demise by some sort of water boarding and then boiled alive!! What a horrendous death they face at the hands of these terrorists!!!

I think we should all just become cannibals. That would leave the plant and animal kingdoms unscathed. Maybe the zombies had it right all along.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Wow your a vegitarian AND you still let your boyfriend eat meat? God Bless ya! I wish the ex was as nice as you

But I have to ask " Why not fish?" many japanese Buddhist agree (for MANY centuries) that fish and sea food were ok due to the fact they don't 'breath' air, but fish and all sea life contain Iodine an nesscessity to live (and help your hair regrow BTW many under Chemo eat sea kelp or take seakelp vitamins to ease hair loss)

But as a type A you CAN safely be a vegitarian (the A is agriculture blood type afterall) BUT I also might add you NEED protein like a post workout Whey or Soy at least twice a day and a multivitamin (try Ladies One-a-day)
Because your body CAN cannibalize itself if it needs protein, and since I'm a meat eater, my body has a lager protein reserve so I can last longer in a hunger situation, BUT if you add the protein shakes, you'll be fine (and since Whey is made by cow milk, the cow will be happy and pain free so no guilt) and Soy is good, but not great for what you need.

Hope this helped a little more, on credit to my ex, she taught me ALOT on proper eating

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

I think we should all just become cannibals. That would leave the plant and animal kingdoms unscathed. Maybe the zombies had it right all along.

hmmmm maybe the bath salts are a conspiracy put forth by the other animals and the plants to get rid of us!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I never understood vegans, no offense. Eating meat is part of the cycle of life. Think about it...if a cow could eat us and were the dominant species it would. Same thing goes for every other animal. Other bigger wild animals like Lions would eat a person and probably have in some parts of the world.

Perhaps a vegan would argue that we have a choice to step back from the circle of life and make a more ethical decision, and not doing so reinforces our continued barbarism toward not only each other, but all other living beings. If, for example, a race of aliens arrived who viewed us as merely an inferior species to be farmed, would we not plead for mercy and our lives and hope to be treated as sentient beings in our own right?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Veggiorists, not terrorists.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The blood type diet is real but the book I read omitted some logic. The reactions all tend to agglutinate the blood as a result of ingesting the wrong foods. I am an A+ also. I like onions on my hamburgers. Onions have anti-agglutination effects. So does alcohol so you don't need to eat onions if your having a beer. A little garlic salt on your steak also takes care of agglutination. Some people drink wine with their meats, that solves the problem also.

I like fish. I can eat a lot of fish and it digests well. I like chicken too. The problem with chicken now adays is it doesn't taste as good as it used to and is soft without much to chew. I like an older chicken not a little kid full of hormones. They say hormone free on chickens now, what a bunch of crap. They adjusted the food to include foods full of natural hormones. That still isn't right, we need certain chemistry to be strong and it isn't in the food. It's not forming these chemicals like elastin in the muscles.

I just had to mention about the Blood type diet. I read a lot of recipes from old cookbooks and most recipes have neutralizing chemistry in the ingredients. If the recipe calls for onions, you need to put in onions or you could be setting yourself up for a mini stroke or slight heart attack. Study the things that help break up agglutination. Don't over eat these things though or a simple cut won't heal.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ignore the ridicule of the masses.

They are scared that Veganism is a healthful choice because of what it represents. If a person can be healthy on a vegan diet, then morality can come into play.

"Why kill if it isn't needed?"

Most of them need to learn that we don't care if they eat meat, we just aren't going to be bullied into doing it as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I have nothing against vegans or vegetarians either. If everyone was a vegetarian though, we would have a lot more burnt out land. One things about grazing cows, they fertilize the fields also.

If everyone was a vegetarian we would have killed off all species of animals that would eat our crops, we'd have destroyed the ecosystem long ago. We would have been more ignorant of chemical use to get nicer veggies also.

People like me would not exist or would have gone crazy with our porphyria killing all the vegetarians. Porphyria has been around for thousands of years, possibly the reason Cain killed Abel.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Furbs

I have nothing against vegans or vegetarians either. If everyone was a vegetarian though, we would have a lot more burnt out land. One things about grazing cows, they fertilize the fields also.

If everyone was a vegetarian we would have killed off all species of animals that would eat our crops, we'd have destroyed the ecosystem long ago. We would have been more ignorant of chemical use to get nicer veggies also.

People like me would not exist or would have gone crazy with our porphyria killing all the vegetarians. Porphyria has been around for thousands of years, possibly the reason Cain killed Abel.

Agreed, if they wish to be vegan, that's fine, but many of us don't want to be. ...I had to get my humor calmed down a bit....called for a resistance for tomatoes and couldn't stop laughing...viva' la mater!! .... it was wayyyy off topic

Each person is entitled to their choice of nourishment but it boils down to, we consume life whether it be animal or plant, it's still life. We can't put one form of life above another form just because we happen to be in one of the groups. With that said, we also must consume life in order to survive ourselves, as do all animals. The plants depend on our expulsion of CO2, so they depend on other life as well. If we put ourselves in the position of choosing a particular diet due only to how it affects other life, then we're fooling ourselves and putting a higher value on certain types over others...a never ending spiral.
I'm comfortable eating both plant and animal and don't kill for "fun" but for substance. When it's for a reason, a viable, non-hate filled reason, I am ok with killing things lower on the "food chain" in order to survive.

....now when we get down to snakes and bugs and weeds, I'm ok with killing them when I come across them in an area I have set aside for other purposes and that may not be a "good thing", but it's one of my many "sins".
edit on 16-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join