It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Union aims to organize the unemployed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
story from The Daily Caller
06/13/2012

Union aims to organize the unemployed

A large industrial trade union, the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM), is organizing a brand new group of "workers" ...... the unemployed !!!

They say they have over 100,000 "members"

The main agenda seems to be all about "communicating" with public officials about jobs policies.

Well that's not hard to believe !!

America’s jobless are unionizing, or at least furthering an agenda of one of the nation’s biggest unions.

An organization aimed at giving the unemployed more influence has announced it now has more than 100,000 jobless activists in their ranks.

The Union of Unemployed (UCubed) Activists is an Internet-centric “community service project” of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) — one of the country’s largest industrial trade unions.

“Our objective is to pull together unemployed Americans in a way that allows them to connect, communicate and press their political leaders for policies that will get them back to work,” Rick Sloan, UCubed’s executive director and IAM communications director, told The Daily Caller.

I guess many unemployed people are being asked "have U been Cubed ?"

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I think the unemployed in the UK could do with a union to defend them against the current workfare scheme, where people are being made to do unpaid work experience for multi million pound private companies in order to receive their benefits. The government has given contracts to private companies to farm out the unemployed to be used and abused. They have no Job security no workers rights and no one looking out for them.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Yea good way to find a job, just gather up with 99,999 other unemployed people.... Thats not ridonkulous at all...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So it's a union that members try to leave at the earliest oppourtunity?

Do they pay dues?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Funny thing about this. I was talking with some co-workers a few weeks ago, stating that someone should form a unemployment union.

I thought the idea humorous, as you would could easily form the largest union in the States.

Guess someone beat me to the punch.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

The Union of Unemployed (UCubed) Activists is an Internet-centric “community service project” of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) — one of the country’s largest industrial trade unions.

Hmmmm.....wasn't Obama a community service organizer? Maybe when he is unemployed
soon, he can help these guys ....ummm....organize?
edit on 14-6-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

top topics

join