It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: 64 Drone Bases on American Soil

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRemorse762

That's most likely one of the control stations, not an actual UAV base. They seem to consider control stations as UAV bases whether there are aircraft or not.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Why would they put it in a spot that gets thousands of tourists year round. There are hundreds of peaks throughout the area. I'm not saying that they don't have command and control sites set up throughout the US. I am questioning the accuracy of the locations on the provided map. I have hiked the mountain several times and I have also done the tourist thing. It just seems way to public.

Mt. Washington
en.wikipedia.org...(New_Hampshire)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Creech AFB is a drone base that has physical UAVs, but they've been known to fly missions for aircraft in Afghanistan, or training in other countries.

Missions in Afghanistan? Is that Washington-speak for mass murdering civilians?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It's a Wasp and Raven base. Both are micro UAVs. The Wasp is small enough to launch from a slingshot, and the Raven is usually thrown by hand to get them airborne.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just a simple question. How do you know the PDF file is not some 'draft' or 'older version' ?
I know the right to information act in US is valid but not everything is published for the public is exactly how it is

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Not trying to be combative but I don't think small UAV's with limited range are flying off Mt. Washington. There is no point or population to monitor with drones with that range. It is apparently the only location in New England as well. I just think that it is either some sort of relay station or control point before a site where they launch small UAV's in an area with the most consistently violent weather in the CONUS.

That or the map is wrong. I'm sure the government doesn't wants everyone to know exactly where all the drone locations are. Hippies and ATS'rs would be lining the gates protesting if they put out the exact locations.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

That's because they aren't monitoring anyone with the UAVs at these bases, at least not in the US. They're TRAINING in their use. Training near a mountain with them makes sense, especially with them being used in Afghanistan, where there are a lot of mountains. It also helps them to learn to identify targets that are hidden by trees or caves.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I don't know. Thats a stretch. I have seen both landscapes personally and other than the fact that there are mountains they are nothing alike. Afghanistan mountains looks like the US southwest, Mt Washington is a lush mountainscape with lakes and rivers.

I'll tell you what, I'm going up there on the 22nd through the 24th of this month and I will head up the mountain and poke around. We can continue our conversation then. I will be checking out a few bars in the area as well, and I bet I'll get my best intel there. Military personnel and bars go together like peanut butter and jelly.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

It's not the shape of the mountain that matters. It's how the winds come up the ridges, and how it reacts around the mountain that matters. They have to learn to compensate for those factors while flying and how to identify targets in caves, or densely forested regions.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

That makes sense but why do that on public property when we have facilities and reservations to match such conditions in other parts of the country.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

No idea. Maybe there is something about the mountains up there that makes it similar to Afghanistan and other areas. For that you'd have to ask someone that knows a lot more than me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'll let you know what I find when I go check out the site.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Sounds good. I'm interested in what you can find out about it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Bout 10 or 11 years a go, when I was six teen and still in high school, they were testing these things at the Navy Base....Anyways Me and some buddies were getting high in a jeep on a dirt road when we saw this damn thing hovering and we started shining a spot light at it & that damn thing started chasing us! Some guys I know that we're in Special Ops later on told me what they were and told me next time I saw one, i shoukd shoot it down because the camera in it was worth 21 million!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

where i work we have a hospital close by and they have a helicopter pad so the helicopters are always flying around but now if it doesnt sound like a helicopter or an airplane over head it just makes me wonder if the local university has a drone program going on and it wouldnt surprise me if they did

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by inferno85

A number of universities work on military projects, or projects that can be used for the military. There was a comment made several years ago by one of the heads of a program at the University of Kentucky that they were working on beyond just radar stealth, and were getting into visual and microwave and beyond.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
No drones supposed to be in Arkansas, but I'll be damned if I didn't see one flying around the Ozark foothills last week. I nearly ran off the road trying to get a picture of it with my cell phone. No luck, it went over a hill before I could capture it....

Anyone else seen them in places where they aren't supposed to be?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The majority of these are probably found on military bases...is that supposed to bother me?

All of the ones in WA are housed on base.

Where else are these things going to be kept?

If I was being told that there are 64 drones currently flying missions over American soil to catch "domestic terrorist," then a red flag might just fly up.

However, this seems to boil down to a thread about parking...

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Um, it wasn't parked at a military base. It was flying low over an area that is at least 40 aerial miles from any military or government property.
edit on 25-12-2012 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yes this is exactly whats needed to turn this countries downward spiral and improve the quality of our lifes.So whats on these Washington dimwits agenda?I cant beleive the medias remaining silent on this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join