It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Ad. Zombie Kids and Chemtrails.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

This advertisment for telecomm in Europe is quite disconcerting.

Notice the spraying (presumably from sprinklers) of these faceless kids.

Notice the "persistent contrails" (cough cough) in the background.

A reference to cattle pops up, the weirdo kids are breathing bubbles, and the companies name is O2.

I have noticed that social interaction these days tends to be interrupted by the mindless zombification of texting, phone checking, and self aggrandizing phone herding.

Now I'm not sure this is some attempt at tongue in cheek humour by the ad agency, but I don't really find it that funny. The sad reality is this is what I see everyday.

Your constructive thoughts and comments are welcome.

edit on 14-6-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I had a thread similar to this a couple years ago.

But it got moved.

And then it got slept on.

Weird Comercial

OP check it out.

Strange.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Its called gooood marketing... They could have also had 2 twin towers in the backround and ruffled even more feathers

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Definitely a creepy ass advert if there ever was one... faceless sheep oblivious to the world around them.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Very weird! And quite spooky imo lol

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Yeeeeeeeah, that put a chill up my spine.
It takes a lot these days, but that hit the jackpot.

I've never been overly excited about the contrail thing, but given that you can't go anywhere these days without people constantly melded to their phones it's food for thought.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Great commercial. They are just trying to get the implication across that paying monthly instead of prepaid is like being a sheep. It's been a trend since Apple made their 1984 commercial (which, by the way, was ingenious).

They are marketing to the average consumer who doesn't want to be viewed as "average". They want to be rebels. I wrote a paper on this a few years ago about car ads doing the same thing. I think I named it "Now You're Driving Rebellion!" or something like that.

Just wait a few years and the cycle will switch where following the mainstream will be the only rebellious thing left to do. Look at all the hipsters listening to blue grass if you want to see that happening already!
edit on 14-6-2012 by Cuervo because: Coffee...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

What a cruel trick. Funny....but cruel.

edit on 14-6-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Is that why hoodies are so popular now? Here I thought the fashion trend was all about making a social comment about the Trayvon Martin shooting, and now discover it could be due to chemtrails after watching that prepaid sim card commercial.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

In my parts, kids have been wearing 'hoodies' for generations. It gets cold up here.

We also have a term for them unique to the region. Here they're called 'bunnyhugs'

Eta; These commercials were originally from 2008 I believe. Might put things in context a bit.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

FYI I was merely making satirical post.

But I guess everyone is a critic.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Speaking of creepy commercials, have you seen these?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

"Care to join us? No pressure."

Yes, it's perfectly normal to want to blow up anyone who isn't a global warming nazi.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

I'm gobsmacked!

Never seen those before!

The advert that freaked me out the most when I was a kid was this one. Think it was the music and the voice over guy.

edit on 15-6-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goldcurrent

"Care to join us? No pressure."

Yes, it's perfectly normal to want to blow up anyone who isn't a global warming nazi.

The one's who produced and approved that ad should be place on a terrorist watch list and definitely placed immediately on the fly list.

Their humor reflects where their head is at. Global warming alarmists are terrorist in the making. One day they will progress to the point of acting out like Theodore John "Ted" Kaczynski.

They all need to be monitored very closely. At least those in positions of influence.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Its called gooood marketing... They could have also had 2 twin towers in the backround and ruffled even more feathers

completely agree with u, ppl always read too much into everything, if there's something they wanna find, they will ... or at least ... nvm

new topics

top topics

join