It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I post the images off my computer onto a thread???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This is very frusterating and should not be so difficult. I just want to post a picture that is on my computer onto a thread. What am I missing?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PunchingBag80

There are a few options for you.
    1. You can click the "Tools" tab on the above navigation bar then click "ATS Uploads". Then the upload button will be in the upper left corner. Once the pic is uploaded click the image and it will give you the options for what you want to do with it.

2. Get a Photobucket account at photobucket.com and use it to upload your images. Then use the img code. Copy and paste into the reply/post section. done.

3. Another image hosting company then just figure out which code is the right one.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Agarta because: added link

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

My tool tab does not say anything about uploads.
I already have the pictures why do they need to go through photobucket first???
They need to make it so you can just load the photos straight from the computer.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PunchingBag80
reply to post by Agarta

My tool tab does not say anything about uploads.

Are you sure?

When you click Tools on your menu bar it should go to a page that looks like this:

And when you click on ATS Uploads (Circled in red) it should take you to a page that looks like this...

If not - which browser and operating system are you using?
edit on 14-6-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PunchingBag80

Gemwolf has you covered on the ATS side of putting pic on the site. Photobucket is another option that's all. If I am not mistaken photobucket allows for larger files but I am not positive.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I too am really confused about posting pics, so please understand my ignorance. (Cannot deny ignorance in this matter!)

Okay, I've done the upload image into Folder 1. When I click on the image I get the following options:

Use in a post:
Create thumbnail link:
External full URL link:

I tried copy/paste the address for the thread in the Use in a post: box but nothing happens.

So, what's the next step?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - I can embed a YouTube video blindfolded. Still images just escape me and I'd love to find out what I'm doing wrong.

edit on 14-6-2012 by Hessling because: eta

edit on 14-6-2012 by Hessling because: Stab in the dark

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ha!

Figured it out on a wild stab in the dark.

Oh yeah baby!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You can post image from photobucket
but it will be shown has a link
if you want to embed an image on ATS threads
you need to upload it in your ATS album first
tools - ATS upload - Select Image file
press on the then added image and copy one of the 3 link below the pic
first link is for the big image
second link is for a thumbnail picture you can enlarge by clicking on it
third is just a link
you must also be sure that the image isnt bigger than 650kb

good luck and hope it helps

edit on 6/14/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

This is interesting. I just went into my ATS uploads and selected an image then posted in a previous post of mine and it worked just fine. I am using Firefox.

This may seem like a dumb question(just trying to cover basis here) are you pasting the image directy into your post or are you using the img button where the youtube vid button is? I simply paste my link into the post and do not use the img button and it works fine for me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
To post from Photobucket, you can copy the bottom code "IMG code" and paste this directly into a post although I have mixed results with this.

For more reliable results, I usually copy the 2nd "Direct Link" code and paste it between [ ats] and [/ats]

edit on 6/14/12 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Press the "ALT" key and "PRT SC" at the same time. You will get an exact screen image. Open up PAINT and press PASTE key. Save. Now you can work with image and save as jpeg.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

When I click on the image and it shows the option of Use in a post: I copy and pasted the info in the field into my reply and voila!

Showed up in my draft as: picnk4fda5551.jpg/pic (with [ ] surounding pic and /pic)

Cannot believe I've gone so long not learning that trick.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Thanks for your help, I was also stumped about how to post a picture [avatar]. I got it now, I think. Except, how do you enlarge the Avatar [of course, not to exceed the size limit] ? Seems like mine to be needs to be a tad larger if possible, not sure though.

Appreciate the question and the advise given ~~~

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

This is the max size without stretching it. If you would like it to be larger it will have to be made into a background and a transparent avatar used.(like I have) if you would like to do so let me know and I can do it for you and help you put it all up.(ie make the Background, give you the transparent pic to fill the avatar section, and talk you through putting them in.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I'm not sure, what do you think? Just leave it like it is? If it gets too distorted it may not look right, correct?

Thanks again .....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

That depends. Your pic is of a piece of artwork called "Sphere within Sphere". I am assuming it is the central focal point of your desired avatar. If it does not matter the angle we can work with a larger pic and shrink it making the pic the right size with the detail. Here is a Google image search of "Sphere within Sphere"

Edit to add: personally I like this one.
we can crop the sides and make it a full size mini background.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Yes, it's located at the Vatican and is surrounded with mystery, hence conspiracies as to what it is supposed to mean. I've always thought it a very fascinating sculpture even if it is an enigma.

But back to the size, if it can be stretched without too much distortion or loosing the essence of the picture itself, we can try it if you think it would work. If not, don't worry about it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

That depends. Your pic is of a piece of artwork called "Sphere within Sphere". I am assuming it is the central focal point of your desired avatar. If it does not matter the angle we can work with a larger pic and shrink it making the pic the right size with the detail. Here is a Google image search of "Sphere within Sphere"

Edit to add: personally I like this one.
we can crop the sides and make it a full size mini background.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

Okay....so what do I do? Or rather you do....[hee,hee]

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Here is what I did for you I hope it works.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I went to tools, then ATS uploads,the select file image and it shows 4 previous pictures that I posted before. I upload the new one and it doesn't show to the right. I delete the four pictures and then press the select file image button again and the four previous pictures show up again. Something is wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join