It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Photo That Touches My Heart

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WillHal1000
And this is precisely why I say "Fcuk. All. Zoos!!!". It's time to leave animals the fcuk alone!

But they taste so good. Never tried fried Penguin though....i bet it is rubbery and tangy or maybe it's like everything else and tastes like chicken...which are made to be eaten, that's why all they do otherwise, is look at you all stupid like, and peck at your feet begging to be eaten. Cows serve the same purpose. I saw a cow once eating grass and as he looked at me with those sad "please kill me as I am suffering" eyes, and I swear I could read his lips and he asked me to eat her and her family. Although I didn't actually hear her,....I knew what she was thinking. I hope I didn't offend anyone, especially anyone from P.E.T.A, I assure you, this was not my intention. I love all animals..[with salt and butter]

edit on 14-6-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Your comment really hit it on the money. That is what I think is happening world wide with humanity.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

It is also a testament to how far they have come.

The Baltimore Zoo is the second oldest zoo in the US. They deliberately keep one of their old cages on display to show how animals USED to be kept in a zoo.

This was a brown bear cage. Two to three bears would be kept in this. Note the little space in the center, that was the pool. That wouldn't be entertaining to my 6 y.o.

This is the bear exhibit now..

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Nice picture. I like the view. Skyscrapers. Poor little guy, likely mesmerized by the train. Should have took him home.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Aww..poor little fella.
I wonder what is going through his mind?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Lovely pic, thanks for sharing. My own perspective is that the little guy could have just been looking for its own sake. He could also have been in some kind of meditative state. I see my goldfish going into that periodically.
I think the enclosure looks like a very nice penguin habitat and if he has other penguins around it's unlikely he gets lonely. My two sense.
It's good though to see so many compassionate and caring hearts here.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yep, I have a real soft spot for animals of all types. I actually saw a video taken in Iraq of a black scorpion having to fend off 4 or 5 of those nasty ants they have over there. Some soldiers decided to make a "ring" of sorts and put them together. Crazy as it sounds, the ants were getting over on the scorpion. I didn't even like watching it. Pointless violence, suffering and I'm sure, terror for that scorpion.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
KaelemJames, I think in that moment you had a connection with the little guy. The Animal Nations are often not given the credit they deserve as fellow sentient beings, they have more depth than we give them credit. It has always been said in the old lore that at one time, humanity spoke with the Animal relatives and that when humanity began to lose the 'Way', humanity no longer understood the animals and the animals no longer understood them, humanity began to fear and not respect their animal relatives and ever since their has been a rift longing to be healed. This photo makes me think of that.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace
I have to agree! When I saw the thread title I thought what kind of sappy picture am I going to see here, but I really feel for the little fella, makes me a little sad inside.

That little fella is us.

That's why it touches us all so dramatically.

Where did we all go so wrong?

What's it all about?

Somebody here mentioned that this littlle fella was being protected against the evil forces of the world, and it was good for the protection of the species....

What evil forces, except those of our own encroachment on Mother Earth?
And protection from WHAT?...Well, we know what....us!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Talk about anthropomorphizing!!

Most animals in captivity today are either rescues, or bred.

They don't know that there is anything else out there.

The penguin, could of simply been staring out the window.

You could just as well have been describing the human condition of today. A sad and sorry one.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If anyone wants the full quality photo, it's only about 3mb, I will upload it later and put it on the thread. Just asking and it's no problem. Just ask

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage
The sadness expressed in this photo is indictive in us all to some extent. To me, I see a childhood spent on the other side of a ***snip***

When I was a child my parents told me NEVER to open the cellar door.
DO NOT EVER OPEN THE CELLAR DOOR.
One day I noticed it was unlocked and partly open.
I sneaked towards the door and peeked through the crack.
What a wonderful experience.
Things I've never seen before.
Trees.
Clouds.
The Sun.

(thanks to Emo Philips)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
If anyone wants the full quality photo, it's only about 3mb, I will upload it later and put it on the thread. Just asking and it's no problem. Just ask

I'd like it very much.

If at all possible - could you sign it over to Public Domain?

No matter if the little tike has no conception on whatever feelings we as humans try to install in the picture, it remains a great picture.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The puffing up of their chests is a display associated with establishing a hierarchy among the group. This individual may have been a newcomer that was dumped in the group or a runt turned social outcast. The loneliness your picture captures so well is most likely real.
Penguins are very social birds and anyone outside the group has most likely been ostracized by the flock. He is a very lonely fellow indeed.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Him and his three buddies are planning an escape along with a giraffe, hippo, zebra and a lion...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

Here you go, the original size. Notice when you zoom you will be able to see catamarans and the docks i was speaking about. The aquarium is on the waterfront. When you zoom in one can see the fella looking at the water (docks/ocean) and not the brick wall as some and myself have thought.

This guy is looking at the the ocean.

I have no intention of selling this, and have no problem with anyone sharing it. But, i would appreciate my name being mentioned as the one who took the photo, if asked. Hope you understand

Original Size

reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thank you very much for your input. You seem to know quite a bit about animals, hence your name?

Then he could have very well been a newcomer?

When i look at my pic, zoomed in, i can see he is looking at the the ocean, not the brickwall/buildings. Some mentioned he could be looking at the bricks, and i was almost convinced, He is not staring at the bricks, imo.

As i said there were one or two seeking attention, swimming around and splashing. The rest of them were inside their man made shelters. They did not leave the shelters. I could spot some of them peeking out, but not coming out.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: photo
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

Here you go, the original size. Notice when you zoom you will be able to see catamarans and the docks i was speaking about. The aquarium is on the waterfront. When you zoom in one can see the fella looking at the water (docks/ocean) and not the brick wall as some and myself have thought.

This guy is looking at the the ocean.

I have no intention of selling this, and have no problem with anyone sharing it. But, i would appreciate my name being mentioned as the one who took the photo, if asked. Hope you understand
***snip***

Thank You Very Much

I've named the picture on my HD so that the filename includes your tag from ATS. Also put your name in the pictures MetaData.
That way - whenever I share this picture with anyone, they also get your tag.

EDIT:
Just noticed the sign above the windows. How exquisite a joke is that?
edit on 16-6-2012 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The photo makes me a bit melancholy all of a sudden. I don't really know what to say right now.

Anyhow... Thanks for the photo man.
edit on 6/16/2012 by Labdarex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

It's quite heartbreaking

All creatures should be free, free to roam in their natural habitat without the infiltration of us humans - and free to exist as nature intended in the cycle of life.

We humans may have the power of speech, logical thinking and technical ability, but we don't have respect for any other species other than our own, and even that is at a push - we could learn so much more than we realise from the animal kingdom, if only we didn't think we were more superior to them, our arrogance is our major downfall!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

OK . . . touching. . . to a point.
However, I wonder if it would have the mental faculties . . .
to
just before the Great White Shark bit down with finality on it's midriff . . . to think . . .
OOOOOOPS . . . I made the wrong choice! 3 squares a day is far better than being some Great White's appetizers.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join