It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Photo That Touches My Heart

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

All zoos and things alike should be ilegal and shut down its wrong to put animals like that

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

It is the Cape Town Two Oceans Aquarium. It is not very big, but it is a great aquarium. When it comes to the their sea animals they keep, it stands out above others.

reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

Such a pity that in order to preserve some species, we have to imprison creatures such as this. Seems most unfair, seeing as it has been humans that have made all the choices that have put the animals in peril in the first place.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I'm sorry I've just never seen penguins in a building before.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

Then you have never been to South Africa

I am sure there are other aquariums around the world that do this too? Could be wrong though.

*To clarify, the "building" is on the waterfront, by the ocean
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
aaww made me blink a tear away, how cute and sad at the same time

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
We should free all the animals from forced imprisonment for human slaventertainment. If I had the power, this would be the first thing I would do - free all the imprisoned animals. They did not have trial, nor their innocence was presumed.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Your photo is heartbreaking. That shouldn't be his view of the world when that's not his natural habitat. He shouldn't be in there at all. None of the animals should. I don't care how well fed they are. Imagine how they felt when they were captured. Taken from their home and families.

The most cruelest example I ever saw was dolphins in the middle of a noisy shopping mall, performing for passersby in West Edmonton mall.

It just isn't right to imprison any animal.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I normally don't respond to picture threads like this, but that is really good.

It's a work art really because it can work on different levels for different people. Some might just see a penguin that is stuck on the inside looking out, while others might see it as an analogy for someone looking out in the world through their own eyes, the window, and feeling trapped on the "inside" wanting someone to come along and help them get out............ It takes 2. Neither one can do it on their own. And that helps give that picture even more poignancy.

Thanks for posting that KJ. S&F

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
ITS TIME!!
Operation kidnap penguin is a GO!

edit on 14-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Reminds me of all of us (or a least myself lol). except without the tux and he has a nicer cage with less worries. Ive spent alot of time looking out the window just like our freind there.

At least his needs are taken care of without the additional stress of providing for himself and family.

Sad just the same we are all caged animals on some level.

Sorry to be a downer.

But make the best of it !

What ya gonna do?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

True, nature itself will sort life out. We have no need to interfere. But, i will admit that at times people who really do wanna help with wildlife & need to "interfere" to save a specie. Nonetheless, i get what you are saying.

Thanks for the kind response

reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Your reply simply made my day. I do thank you so very much.

Peace & love to all.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Help is on the way!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

There's nothing I hate more than people that mistreat animals, I wonder who came out with the theory that animals have no emotions. Picture us as the penguin and TPTB on the other side of the glass.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Aw man..
I feel the same things you do when looking at the pic.. staring at a brick wall or the window outside for lengths of time.. so depressing for anyone. I feel like those who say animals don't have emotions have not been around enough animals, or been able to see with an open heart. Having all sorts of animals throughout my life, working for rescues and rehab places, attending vets.. I'll never believe they do not feel and think.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

Hahaha
Made my night! Oh man, t'was a good one!

Love & blessings to all.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thats the reason I don't go to zoos.
Also it breaks my heart when I see an aquarium in a supermarket full of carp fish gasping for air... I just want to buy all of them and release to nearest pond.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
We should free all the animals from forced imprisonment for human slaventertainment. If I had the power, this would be the first thing I would do - free all the imprisoned animals. They did not have trial, nor their innocence was presumed.

Lots of people talk to animals.... Not very many listen, though.... That's the problem. ~Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

So much for the age of enlightenment!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I think it is great you posted this reminder that we are not all free yet. I expect it will take some time to let this one go since there are so many higher on the food chain waiting for their own rescuer - their own freedom to be fought for and won. I had the same sad and disheartened feeling seeing the large sad mountain gorilla at Bush Gardens - watching him, watching me - Don't fret there fella. I am not that free and you wouldn't want to be me either.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
This lonely guy just standing there looking outside the window. One could feel on the inside how it longs to be out there, free.

I didn't quite get that. I believe his thinking is more along the line of "I'm glad I'm in here instead of in that urban jungle"

If there were a wild and beautiful tundra out the window, I'd agree with you. The photo is very touching but, for me, it's sad because he's staring at an eyesore of a city.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
He probably has it alot better than he did outside those walls

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join