It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Photo That Touches My Heart

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have to agree! When I saw the thread title I thought what kind of sappy picture am I going to see here, but I really feel for the little fella, makes me a little sad inside.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The sadness expressed in this photo is indictive in us all to some extent. To me, I see a childhood spent on the other side of a window of a hospital room. Wishing to have what I most desire, to be not there. To some it is an abomination of the way we treat those that have been entrusted to our care. Some may see it simply as an animal looking at a window.

That is the power of a great picture, like a work of art it speaks to those who listen.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I can feel it too.

Great photo, I know they treat the penguins well but there is something indescribable about this scene which lets you know that it needs more. I hate to be corny but Beauty and the Beast comes to mind...the beast provided her with all her physical needs(food/shelter/etc.) as well as luxury but she needed to be free more than all of that.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
No matter where you are and what your situation is, you always know there's more where you cannot be.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It just strengthens my thoughts of stepping outside of our sick culture somehow. We cannot be sure about what the little fella is actually feeling, but nonetheless taking a poor and defenseless creature and shove him into a locked cage thousands of miles from his natural habitat... It just doesn't matter how he has being treated, the damage has already done.

I live in a big city, and it literally melts my heart seeing horses every once in a while brought into a neighborhood I live in, just so some kids would ride them on asphalt on someone's birthday. They belong to nature, and so are we.

Thanks for sharing, i'm touched.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

If people did not pay to see animals on display in cages, there would be fewer animals on display in cages.

Did you pay an admission fee?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Its staring at a brick wall, not the sky or the buildings below. Just felt I should point that out since I get physically ill when everyone gets all mushy and gushy. It really is disgusting.
edit on 14-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Poignant, beautiful and very touching. I too feel and see what you and other posters feel and see. Animals are sentient beings and when we feel for them - it indicates we are not completely mind numbingly controlled by the cabal/illuminati/whatever.

Putting any sentient being in a cage or a paddock is a form of control. Expecting us to pay to see or eat the sentient being is a form of control. When we just accept what is happening we are completely controlled.

This thread has shown that there are plenty of sentient beings on this planet who are not completely controlled and that means - HOPE.

Thank you for posting and sharing your thoughts and sentiments and most of all THANK YOU little one - for reminding us that we imprisoned you and for that we too are imprisoned on this planet - at least until we - together sort this mess out.

Much Peace...little one...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Those zoos are lifetime prisons for many inteligent animal that are selfaware

Touching picture indeed...i would had acted exactly like you
seeing this wrongness of our modern time ..
many would not even think and care a little bit about this poor pingouin
Damn greedy people that would exploit any living thing for money
they live for entertainement or die .. if it doesnt do the job they simply kill it
it has been a sad reality for hundred of yrs

Things will change soon there is a time of goodness ahead
were we finaly see the light from living like animals .. yes humans do live worst then pigs
the ones that dont care anything else then their own life .. living and eating like pigs
everything is unbalance today and it has made life unsustainable for billions

The Creator had a date in mind to restore that balance
2013 first days will bring a new era on earth like a breath of pure fresh air
and sincerely believe with my heart that it is coming

and all i can say .. its bout damn time
edit on 6/14/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Where do you live to walk out to "freedom"? I'd like to check this place out. Pretty much every where I look, we are cornered by governments and rich greedy people.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It is amazing how many ATS'ers have been touched by my photo, like i am. I thank you everyone for your kind words and how you guys and girls expressed yourself. I know now that many of us have compassion. It is a beautiful thing to read and see.

Peace and love to all of you

reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yes, i did pay an entrance fee. I wanted to see the predators being fed then took a walk through the aquarium to kill time, as i was waiting for people.

But, i do understand what you are saying. I am just as guilty.

reply to post by daynight42

I walked out to freedom, meaning i could go and put my feet in the beach sand & the ocean, see the sun, smell the fresh air. I went on a boat ride and saw "his" buddies swimming around in the ocean the next day. Had some dolphins swimming with the boat, too. Caught that on video.

I am free. No matter how the TPTB control and cage us, i am free to be outside and enjoy my life. I do not let that get to me anymore. It will drive one crazy. If i was put behind bars for a crime i did not commit, i would feel like this little guy.

Still, yes, we are caged, but we can be with our family and spend our time as we wish, together.

Peace

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Its staring at a brick wall, not the sky or the buildings below. Just felt I should point that out since I get physically ill when everyone gets all mushy and gushy. It really is disgusting.
edit on 14-6-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

Agreed, that thing is just looking at the Wall and they surely can't "think" i bet that Penguin doesn't even know where he is or that there are other places out there.
Instead of getting teary eyed over some stupid animal, people should be more concerned about their own kind and all the people, especially children, who are suffering right now

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
SET IT FREE!!!

That place looks really dull so its no wonder it wants to be out in the sunshine.
edit on 14/6/12 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Please do not misunderstand my thread.

This photo i wanted to share cos it touches my soul, and yes, it makes me "sappy". Still, it does not override my love for humans. We are a destructive race, and i know that there are so many of us whom aren't in any way destructive, or have hate and anger as others do. We want what is good for all. We need to respect nature, too.

Love needs to start somewhere.

Love all, and do to others as you will do to yourself.

As an example, if you go back and look at truly disgusting killers, many of them liked or used to torture animals when they were at a young age.

I will never choose the life of a human over that of any animal, unless that person deserves it, like rapists, serial killers... truly hideous criminals. Still, i don't believe i will be the one pulling the trigger. One will only know once in a situation that will force you.

I will add that i am no fan of PETA, or any other group alike.

I love what our Creator has given us. I respect all He has given us. It took me almost 38 years to get to this point in my life. I love life and that what we have been given. Appreciate that, treasure and love it. Our children, our families, our fellow human, nature and our earth.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Oh for craps sake, I was expecting some uplifting heart warming image.

Not something to deepen my depression... That is sad. I'm an animal lover, and wow, yeah, that's rough

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Sorry for misleading you by my thread title.

But, again, another human that was touched by a "simple" photo tells me we are human after all

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Nice photo and sad indeed. If someone took a photo of the bigger picture of us you would see that we aren't free either though. It's just an illusion of freedom, but really just modern slavery. So who really has freedom in this world? I would probably say those lost tribes in the middle of the jungles that no one even knows about.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I believe he is in "conversation" with the Spirit that promises us all our Freedom. He is likely thanking, what he perceives as the Almighty, for all the wonderful fishes and the funny faces that come to see him every day.

He worries, but he is repreived in his returns! He worries about his kind, and us! So he speaks silently, and he remains hopeful, that we all may one day be able to hear the voice from above say, "Come up hither, my children"!

That is when he gets to fly, and so do we!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

At the same time, if no one paid to see them, no one would pay to make sure that they aren't killed off either. Part of the wanting to gawk at them does spark preservation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there was no other penguin in the enclosure, or if this penguin doesn't get along with the others, then yes, it is lonely. Animals DO feel that.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

What kind of crappy zoo is that?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join