It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Photo That Touches My Heart

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+74 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I took this photo in Cape Town (Sea Point Aquarium) last month & it truly touched my soul. Everytime i look at it, it saddens me. I wanted to share it cos I am sure others will feel the same as i do.

This lonely guy just standing there looking outside the window. One could feel on the inside how it longs to be out there, free. For many it is, or will be just a photo of a penguin. Guess cause i saw this guy staring at the window for minutes on end, it got to me. I eventually just moved along. As i walked away i kept looking back, and it kept staring at freedom, while i was walking out to freedom.

These animals get fed very well & they are looked after extremely well in all other aspects. Nonetheless, this one got inside my soul.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: photo resized

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i agree, there isn't an understanding of 'freedom' as we understand, but you can see the longing for release. I agree with your point completely, and yes, I agree with their care, but yeah, just breaks your heart when you see something like that.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Pretty poingnant...poor little guy...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Touched my heart too. You could actually feel the yearning and the sorrow. I admit I wear my heart on my sleeve at times and this definitely has placed it there.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Oh wow... yep, that got to me. I can totally relate to what you are saying... so sad.

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Cool pic. What I would call the "money shot!"

Really though, I see not much difference here than a house cat, stuck in a 9th floor apartment. These pets will never see or taste the great outdoors, never climb a tree or roll in fresh grass. It's really heartbreaking

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yeah guys, it still gets me, every time.

Good to see most of us have compassion. We may try and hide it, but there will be a time that even the hardest man will concede.

Peace to all.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Precisely why i would never own a cat if i lived in such a situation. I guess it also depends on if the creature in question was born into captivity or taken from the wild.

I am also aware of the role that many modern zoo's play in conservation through breeding programmes. However, It is a side irony, and a damming indictment of the state of the world, that we have to protect animals by imprisoning them.

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Yes it is very touching. I have to point out the "Happy Feet" connection though.

In large Zoo's animals are treated pretty good. Smaller ones and road side wild life parks are notoriously neglectful/abusive.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Really though, I see not much difference here than a house cat, stuck in a 9th floor apartment. These pets will never see or taste the great outdoors, never climb a tree or roll in fresh grass. It's really heartbreaking

Not just house cats but every other animal that will never have freedom

Great photo OP...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Yep, touched my heart too.

He/she just wants freedom.

Think of it this way, the cost of freedom, he/she won't feel the teeth of a shark or killer whale chopping down on him/her, eating em alive or watch their baby eaten.

I still feel for captive animals and will not support or go to any zoos for that reason.

Cute little entity.

Thank you for sharing and you have an eye for saying something with just one photograph.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
And most of this is for human entertainment

Humans are running many of these creatures out of their habitat.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

True, These "smaller" or as you say "road side wildlife parks" have absolutely no consideration for animals.

Fortunately in South Africa the laws are very strict, as we have such wildlife parks all over, and they are up to the ball on the welfare for the animals they keep.

I cannot deny that there are those who are absolute disgusting when it comes to the welfare of animals.

No different than the criminal idiots killing our Rhinos!

reply to post by mojojojo

Thank you for the compliment

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Thank you for sharing and you have an eye for saying something with just one photograph.

Thank you for your kind words ofhumandecent! Truly appreciated!

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Day after endless day I stare into existance. this barrier blocking me from that which I most desire. I have what I need, and only want for what I crave. Freedom.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage
Day after endless day I stare into existance. this barrier blocking me from that which I most desire. I have what I need, and only want for what I crave. Freedom.

You have expressed it so beautifully.

5 stars if i could.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Aww, thanks, stars to you as well for the beautifull picture!

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
I took this photo in Cape Town (Sea Point Aquarium) last month & it truly touched my soul. Everytime i look at it, it saddens me. I wanted to share it cos I am sure others will feel the same as i do.

This lonely guy just standing there looking outside the window. One could feel on the inside how it longs to be out there, free. For many it is, or will be just a photo of a penguin. Guess cause i saw this guy staring at the window for minutes on end, it got to me. I eventually just moved along. As i walked away i kept looking back, and it kept staring at freedom, while i was walking out to freedom.

These animals get fed very well & they are looked after extremely well in all other aspects. Nonetheless, this one got inside my soul.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: photo resized

We humans have a distinct tendency to embrace anthropomorphism. Sure, the little guy seems like he wants "out", or is at least curious about what he sees outside his window, but we really don't know what he's looking at or "thinking". He could simply be watching strange ( to him ) FLYING birds out there for all we know. If he was born in captivity he really has no idea what he's supposedly "missing". It's a great photo though, even if it's totally open to our own human interpretation.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

You're absolutely correct, cannot argue that.

I did "try" and see if he was staring at something that he took interest in for that specific time, but only noticed seagulls, and of course the harbour.

To me I just felt it, inside me, he wanted the ocean, the wild and freedom.

But, he could have been looking at anything, true.

Suppose my "sadness" at that time made me believe that he wanted out.

There were quite a few of them, and they were just parking off with one or two seeking attention. This guy was longing for something he has never experienced, or been. That's just what I felt and believe.

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

If it doesn't make you free, it is not the truth.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Poor little thing. He wants to be free. Or maybe he's thinking, wow look at that, how cool! LOL Hopefully he is ok. I really feel for animals.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join