It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally jumping into the deep end…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Long time member, but never really jumped in. So here I am…

Born and raised in Texas, USA, and didn’t vote for Bush … either of them.

I believe the only people who don’t believe in conspiracies are the ones who don’t do the research. My brother is a home health therapist who has befriended many retired members of the government who tell him stories. I’ve heard enough from him and ex-military friends to believe many of the theories out there. Some of them I understand the need for, some I find objectionable.

I don’t believe in evil secret societies gathering together to plot our destruction (but it is fun). I do believe in men who have been corrupted by their own sense of importance, power and/or money and lost their connection with humanity.

I believe in looking at both sides of the fence to find a truth that lies in the middle (most of the time).

I believe in a god that is outside of the religions that man has created but a god that is a part of the science that man has discovered, and as Albert Einstein believed, is the source of all mystery in the universe.

I try to find a scientific or rational explanation first and leave my mind open for the unexplained. For me the mystical is something that science can’t explain yet. Knowing that a photon can exist in two places at the same time doesn’t diminish the amount of awe I feel, but rather makes me marvel even more.

I have had psychic experiences happen occasionally throughout my life and am convinced of dimensions and energies and quantum worlds which we do not understand as of yet.

I believe in aliens, forbidden archeology, and most other things but enjoy using my creativity to come up with alternate explanations or theories.

I am usually NOT this long-winded.

ATS is the mecca for all these things and I enjoy the research and opportunity to expand my paradigm.

Currently looking into a trip to Scotland, et al (possibly next year) to do genealogy research, experience the mystical and magical, and cross the country one pint at a time … :-] Sorry, that’s Ireland isn't it?

Cheers!

Celeste

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Welcome

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Celeste-G

Welcome to the deep end of the pool. You sound like a strong swimmer....you'll be a great asset to those of us who flounder....

Des

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks so much. As my avatar says (paraphrased), the most resilient parasite is an idea. (Inception) Imagination changes the world.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Welcome Celeste-G

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice. You will find numerous threads to choose from and to add your thoughts to.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

Thanks. I appreciate the advice.

new topics

top topics

join