It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Walmart know something we don't?....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by godspetrat

Originally posted by Furbs
Really?

People on ATS shop at Wal-Mart?

I am kind of shocked by this.

They actually have a few good specialty items in their grocery section, which is the main thing that draws me there (which is seldom).

Good herring kipper snacks, and even a couple varieties of gourmet Bar Harbor herring fillets, cheaper than anywhere. Real ramen noodles, not the standard brands like Oodles of Noodles! (I don't eat this sort of thing all the time, but do like it once in a while). Good cheese and salami sometimes. Pretty good pre-made pizza dough. Other unusual food items you wouldn't expect to find there.

Otherwise, I go there when I need sheets/pillowcases/towels, or a coffeemaker or something.

I just expected ATS, who is generally anti-corporate, anti-monopoly, pro-american, wouldn't shop at Wal-Mart, ya know? Kind of mind boggling when I think about it.

I mean.. Wal-Mart is an -actual- documented conspiracy against the American people.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jetman44

I found the price pretty interesting.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again, but Wal-Mart is just sooo Evil.

They have led the downfall of the North American Economy, glut the market with shoddy goods, and are just plain EVIL.

The last time I EVER stepped into a Wallyworld was around Christmas time a few years ago. The line ups were painfully long. I'm talking wrapped around 3 aisles long. What seemed like the whole city, was lined up with wads of cash in their hand, throwing it at the cashiers.
(embellishing somewhat)

They only had 2 out of the 6 tills open.
At Christmas time!!

Heck, they could have hired two cashiers at EACH till for $50.00/hr and still be rolling all the way to the bank!

Nope. 2 cashiers at minimum wage, (probably near exhaustion, and ready to snap, like every impatient customer) for rush hour x-mas shopping. I dropped what I had right there and walked out.

I loathe the Walmart.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
They should have posted the price at $66.66. That would have really wound everybody here up!!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Ya, even in Canada we have the Super Walmarts, I think they call them SAM's in the U.S. Where you have all your meat and produce, where the hell is that meat from?

Damn horrible stuff, maybe Austrailian?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I can think of better things to waste $63 bucks on, and at least get some satisfaction lol. Yeah yeah I know my mind will be in the gutter when the world goes down the tubes.......maybe. But like the title of the Brad Paisley song goes......I'm still a guy lol.

Personally, buying something like that from wal-mart is a total waste. I can go to the grocery store and buy an insane amount of trail mix, along with banana chips and some chocolate, mix it together and bingo......instant survival food for less than $20.00. And not to mention my stash of dry itchi-ban noodles, salted crackers, powdered drink mix as well as m.r.e's

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I notice a lot of posters on here complaining about where's the protein? Protein is all around you always. Bugs, plants, fish, and animals are everywhere. Anyone worth their weight knows carbs are harder to come by in a survival situation than the latter. I can easily find a supply of easy protein pretty much anywhere, how ever coming by enough carbs to get by day to day isn't as easy. Believe it or not, you don't need much protein every single day. Your body could get by just fine with a source of protein every few days, even if it is insects, other small critters. Beans, or wild vegetation supplies protein as well as any steak. So many seem brainwashed and I don't blaim you it's been drilled into your heads your whole life. We are hunters and gatherers. We didn't always have meat you know. Look to the villages of many african nations, meat isn't the number one problem, it's carbs and sources of vitamins that are their problem. You can get sick from ingesting too much protein. Ketosis I believe it is called.

At my weight and activity level a considered healthy daily intake of protein is 240grams daily. that's roughly half a pound. Less than some restaurants boasted burger patties.

(one pound is roughly 455grams. ) Many individuals exceed their protein intakes every single day, which is doing you more harm than good.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.daveywaveyfitness.com...

www.ehow.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44
So, I walked into the local Wally-mart today and saw this...it has a shelf life of 25 years, LOL

I've been looking for something like that recently. where was this? Probably nothing to worry about, pretty much just a good idea to be prepared for whatever may come up.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Baldryck

"thats a good market" - Bill hicks... if you watch his performance of his you'll get it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jetman44

this is link for the stuff on the walmart site. www.walmart.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jetman44
So, I walked into the local Wally-mart today and saw this....

....it has a shelf life of 25 years, LOL
edit on 6/13/2012 by Jetman44 because: (no reason given)

Whats in that thing that could have a shelf life of 25 years?
Do they know something? of course! Corporations always know what we dont. They hide the truth in order to gain power and then make a profitable business. But the real question is WHAT do they know that we dont?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Walmart is a smart company. They may not treat their employees fair, but that does not mean they don't have high level researchers out finding the hottest trends that will make them high profits.

It doesn't matter what the trend might be, if it is profitable large retailers will buy into it. Nothing to hide, just smart business. Even though I don't like Walmart, you can't deny the fact that they have their heads screwed on right.

-EDIT-

If Walmart knew something we didn't then why would they not say it? Think about it logically. If they knew there would be a shortage of food in the coming months- wouldn't they tell us? It would help sell their product as an extraordinary rate.

If the power grid goes down, and people then realize they need this product, it will be too late at that time. See what I'm saying?
edit on 15-6-2012 by Auburn2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
[IMG=http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5922/wallyt.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yup it's at the walmart in my town too.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If they are selling zombie gear, call me ignorant, but i'm buying that

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hmmmm.....Power outages for 7 or 8 days, enough food in the kit to feed 4 people for 7 days.....Outages didn't happen in southwestern PA, but they did happen in VA and surrounding areas south...
edit on 7/8/2012 by Jetman44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Someone who works at wal-mart told me that these are being pulled from the shelves.

Management was told that they "can't" sell these anymore.

No word of by whom, or why. This is the info I have.

Weird.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
My Wally World nearby sells AR-15's. Good prices too.

Ammo is the cheap at Wal-Mart too.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere

I'm glad someone said it. Hell to the no. Who makes this kit China?
edit on 12-11-2012 by FreebirdGirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2012 by FreebirdGirl because: should have replied instead of quote

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I would not trust these in a real crisis. Wal-mart is more likely to sell food that will kill off the 'common" people in a shtf scenario.

Far better off to build your own stash. Not that expensive if you use your head and get dry foods with the essential nutrients....long shelf life and not so hard to make.

Doesn't hurt to read up about your local woodlands and what you can and cannot eat in the forest.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join