It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Wrath of the Titans"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I watched "Wrath of the Titans" last night. As for a fictional movie with lots of special effects and cool mythological creatures I found it a fun movie to watch. It makes a good sequel to the newest remake of "Clash of the Titans". I especially loved the fact that Pegasus was given a personality which was non existent in the previous versions of "Clash of the Titans".

Now I know they do not fully follow the Greek Mythos they are based on and that's okay because they just shortened the story a bit to put it together in the time frame they had, as so much was left out like the real reason behind having to collect the Head of Medusa as well as there only being the one Gorgon rather than Medusa and her 2 immortal sisters, but I digress. However....

This last installment of the series takes bits and pieces of several stories and throws them together. Okay its not bad but the ending(NO SPOILERS) truly bothered me. Due to the way they ended it, it basically eliminates a very good portion of Greek Mythology. I would think that the Mythology itself makes for a very edge of your seat story but to destroy an entire line of historical mythos goes a little too far for my tastes. If they were to ever make the Story of Heracles(more commonly known by his name in the Roman tongue, Hercules) it would be virtually impossible without creating a whole new storyline leaving Classical Greek Mythology completely behind.

Oh well, like I said it was a decent movie with lots of special effect eye candy and in my opinion worth at least seeing once.

Anyone else have an opinion?
edit on 13-6-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Best part was seeing Heides and Zeus fighting together

when then queen saw them coming out of the tent like this
pretty sure she wet herself at that precise moment
the look on her face was priceless

and Perceus brother coming on earth .. great shockwave

i loved both movie
one similar but not has great is the movie Immortals
edit on 6/13/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The movie was horrendous. I saw it at the local 1$ theatre so the only thing I was angry over wasting was my time. The previous installment was as unmemorable as this one. The characters were lacking, I especially hated the interactions between Perseus and Andromeada and the story line had many gaps. I won't see the next movie.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Best part was seeing Heides and Zeus fighting together

when then queen saw them coming out of the tent like this
pretty sure she wet herself at that precise moment
the look on her face was priceless

and Perceus brother coming on earth .. great shockwave

i loved both movie
one similar but not has great is the movie Immortals
edit on 6/13/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

LOL yah I bet she did too. I bet I would, seeing those two together.

new topics

top topics

join