It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reviving a dead organism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

This youtube film has caught my attention. It's about how the Soviets in the 1940's were able, maybe still able, to ressurect dead organisms by use of machinery to artificially restore the functions of the organs. Though in my book dead is 'dead', the spirit has moved on. Maybe it displayes the body without the spirit, so i hope. If not, this is someting i truly fear. The video i refer to is seen here below:

Any opinions on this matter?

You might find the following article interesting aswell,
www.wired.com...

Can anyone follow-up on the revival matter?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Seems Lovecraftian, if you ask me. There are some things that should be left well enough alone, and when you force open the doorway betwixt hither and yon, unknown ramifications are sure to follow. One doesn't know what might be awaiting beyond the Gate, and I'm sure that there are guardians that will not stand for such actions. In other words, don't tinker where you shouldn't. Death is a one way door, and if something takes your head off, its your own fault.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This kind of thing is as bad as GMO's and DNA manipulation.

Sooner or later our meddling is going to get us killed.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Try a few search submissions and you will find that this video has been posted many times under many labels.
Resurrecting a video and topic is not a crime however

It's interesting, I'll give you that.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It seems as though nothing is sacred anymore.
There are certain things (IMO) that shouldn't be toyed with. Death is one of those things. We should run like hades from anything that tries to out do/compete with the absolute final breath we or anything else takes. There is an order to things and I don't mean Final Destination either. I have always felt that the ramifications of things like this are beyond anything we could imagine even in Hollywood. There are some who will never learn.
edit on 6/13/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

thanks, i will check those threads!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
When I was a kid we would open the filter catch of the swimming pool and take out the drowned insects that were caught in there. Then we would sprinkle salt on them and watch them reanimate. I am not certain they continued with their life or if was more an electrical reaction, but here is a link to a "How-to" video.

Revive a drowned fly

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the Russian video is an elaborate fake.

reply to post by Greensage

There is a trending Japanese dish that does the same thing with an octopus/squid. The chemistry is a little hard to explain, but basically the salt causes nerve cells in the muscles to fire, eliciting a motion response by the muscles.

Not much of a revival, but it's an excellent way to demonstrate how nerves function on a chemical basis.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
SO I used to freeze everything I could catch in the freezer...and my mom thought I had some problems..... MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So I could warm them back up after a few weeks, but they never came "back to consciousness" so to speak. Many critters did come back to life however. Completely unable to be what they had been before, possibly from cellular wall damage. Many moved in uncontrolled fashion. I also tried infusing them with multitudes of concoctions, they never could revive from that it seems, but it was all guesswork. The best way to get them to revive with the best functioning was very odd.

I would wrap them in layers of wet toilet paper / paper towels. Very thick layers. Let that sit outside to warm up for a while. It has to be completely dry yet hard. Then freeze that as slowly as possible. It was like a paper mummy wrap, but helped to slow the rate of cooling. Once they hit freezing I didn't go a whole lot lower. I would leave them for days, weeks and even a month a few times.

They would be frozen quite stiff and brittle when I took them out. I used a low focus lens to gradually warm them up. Eventually they would without shock or any other means start moving around again on their own. However the normal functioning would usually degrade rapidly into more and more erratic motions. The ones that would usually live the longest had taken a # right after I warmed them back up. If they poo'd the towels it didnt usually come back at all.

Critters I froze.

Crickets
Caterpillar
Grass hoppers
beetles of all sizes and shape > stag beetles had very high success rates
frogs
worms
mice
and a small garden snake once.

Maybe some other things...

The look on my mom's face was PRICELESS! Well worth the huge trouble I would get into.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Any opinions on this matter?

I think it's abominable and a disgrace when all we really need is a relationship with our maker. You asked.

Certainly wasn't be kind to animals week was it ?
edit on 14-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jollyjollyjolly

You froze mice and snakes?

That's truly abominable and an act of animal cruelty.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper
reply to post by jollyjollyjolly

You froze mice and snakes?

That's truly abominable and an act of animal cruelty.

If that was sarcastic reply on behalf of my response Pie ? I'm sure you realize the difference between the vid and what you're refering to. Don'y be coy.
edit on 14-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

He was replying to someone else, who froze animals and bugs and attempted to reanimate them, using multiple methods to determine what was the best one. And I agree, cruel to freeze animals, kind of disgusting.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not at all, I didn't even read your reply when I posted that.

Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

Well you can't say I didn't try can you PieKeep.

Peace Brotha,

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Interesting topic. Fringe recently did a good episode on that. They tricked the body to think it was alive and then shocked the brain to try to get information from the person. They definitely weren't "alive". Freaky stuff if you think about it.

top topics

join