It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health panel talks about wider food ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If this has already been posted my apologies.
Please delete

MYFOXNY.COM -
The board hand-picked by Mayor Michael Bloomberg that must approve his ban of selling large sugar-filled drinks at restaurants might be looking at other targets.

The New York City Board of Health showed support for limiting sizes of sugary drinks at a Tuesday meeting in Queens. They agreed to start the process to formalize the large-drink ban by agreeing to start a six-week public comment period.

At the meeting, some of the members of board said they should be considering other limits on high-calorie foods.

One member, Bruce Vladeck, thinks limiting the sizes for movie theater popcorn should be considered.

"The popcorn isn't a whole lot better than the soda," Vladeck said.

Another board member thinks milk drinks should fall under the size limits.

"There are certainly milkshakes and milk-coffee beverages that have monstrous amounts of calories," said board member Dr. Joel Forman.

Read more: www.myfoxny.com...

Well, I think we all saw this coming didn't we?
I will admit, I didn't think it would happen this quickly.
I mean, it seems like only last week we were talking about Mayor Bloombergs attack on soda in New York.
Ohh wait....

Did anyone actually think that it was going to end there?
Is there anyone who thinks it is actually going to end HERE?
Is there anyone who thinks this is going to stay in the confinds of NYC?

It is called test marketing folks.
McDonalds does it
So do TPTB.
It is their way of testing just how F iNG stupid and docile we actually are.
At this point I just have to laugh.
Our once great country has been reduced to telling people how to eat and regulating food portions.

And ohh let's not forget these are LAWS we are talking about here.
If you sell a sugary drink or fatty milkshake of the wrong size then?????
You are breaking a......LAW!!!

Does anyone know what happens to people who break laws in this country???
You will pay a fine AND possibly go to JAIL!!!!!!
Depending on how many offenses you have had YES you could actually LOSE YOUR FREEDOM for selling a soft drink!!!

Think I am overdramatizing???
GOOD!
Let me know.
Let your voice be heard.
We all know that there is ALWAYS at least one of you in EVERY thread.
Cuz I WILL make you eat your own words about a year from now.
Common, you know you want to.
Tell me it won't happen.
These threads aren't going anywhere.
It will be here for quick and easy reference a year from now.

The bars are getting easier and easier to see.
Once the people see the bars........they might just actually realized they are not free.
Once they realize they are not free they might just wonder what it is like TO BE free.
Once they open their minds to that...well.... It is officially ON!

Bring on the tighter totolitarian restrictions on our freedoms and liberies.
The sooner and tighter, the better.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is a very dangerous road to be on.
What we are going to see is the banning of ALL food, except that which is approved.

We'll be left with a choice of Monsanto frankenstien or,,,nothing.

Here's the proof

edit on 13-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I for one am glad there is someone who cares enough to ban my caloric intake...

It will not stop in NY. It will not stop with the next state. TPTB's vision of the perfect Nanny State is coming together perfectly as they are rubbing their hands together in evil glee.

Everyone should have stood up for NY. We didn't... so guess who's coming to dinner in the near future for the rest of us?

I am going out to get a big gulp to assuage my anger, and maybe a slimjim. This is ludicrous and something I honestly never thought I would see 20 years ago.
edit on 6/13/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
In a truly FREE country, these choices are made by the individual.

Not the governments decision.

Seems they want the country to be a nanny-state, full of mindless taxable subjects. They want us to live long healthy slave lives so they can continue to enjoy the taxes they get from us, on the concept of our lengthy slave labor to keep their cushy lives of ruler-ship easy.

So much for "freedom of choice".

It's coming down to two options.

Life of a slave, accepting the shackles without even a whimper...

Or..

Unconditionally putting the government back in it's place with a loud, resounding "Enough!".

Which will we choose?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
For the vast majority, the choice has already been made. Mussolini was correct when he said that most people do not want to be free. They don't want the responsibility that comes with freedom. Slavery, it is a life choice for many.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I wish we were on a 'dangerous road', this one is fatal, because once they get their foot in the door it will be extremely hard to get them out.

I would have to say it's outright tyranny (regulating what you eat/drink and imposing fines on businesses for not adhering?).

And it's idiotic as well.

So now I can just go hop from location to location and get past the ban?
Thankfully they usually line up all of these fast food joints in a row on the same street in most cities so it will be easy to just take a fast food stroll I suppose.

Point is, it only took me half a minute to figure out ways around this.

This is a perfect example of how our government is out of touch with the overall public sentiments. People want to be free, but these goons want to tell us how to live/eat/die while they probably gorge on caviar and champagne behind the scenes.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
For the vast majority, the choice has already been made. Mussolini was correct when he said that most people do not want to be free. They don't want the responsibility that comes with freedom. Slavery, it is a life choice for many.

That's only half true though.

The other half of the truth is that people are misled into believing that slavery is freedom, and liberty is tyranny.
Propaganda is purposely crafted and developed to convince people of falsehoods in order to control their actions/beliefs.

If no one was creating malicious propaganda in the first place, and lying constantly about everything, than I assure you far less people would be under the influence of such things.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

People want to be free,
I really must disagree. They want to be fed, clothed, cared for, and all for little to know contribution of their own. They do not want to be free men/women. Many want to be treated as a farmer treats his cattle. Remember, the farmer provides "free" health care for his cattle.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The other half of the truth is that people are misled into believing that slavery is freedom, and liberty is tyranny.
Propaganda is purposely crafted and developed to convince people of falsehoods in order to control their actions/beliefs.

If no one was creating malicious propaganda in the first place, and lying constantly about everything, than I assure you far less people would be under the influence of such things.
While I will grant you that, you must admit that their own laziness and unwillingness to confront hard truths or to make tough choices is indicative of their own desire for slavery. They do not want to face the harsh realities that freemen must confront. They refuse to accept responsibility for their own shortcomings or poor decisions. Personal freedom requires personal responsibility. Believing otherwise is to lie to yourself.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That's the thing, having just a regular tyrant isn't anywhere near as bad.

Instead we have either idiotic tyrants, or ones who are purposely ignoring true toxic threats because they were paid off by organized criminal interests.

I mean come on, they aren't even mentioning any whacked out food additives that are all too common in food everywhere now, all sorts of carcinogens, etc.

I'm not saying they should do those things too, but if they were going after the true culprits it would be a much more palatable form of tyranny as opposed to this blind senselessness.

I read the article again to make sure, and it claimed that it was merely "limiting the size to 16oz", and not preventing anyone from getting refills? Suggesting other limits on similar products (popcorn, etc).

This has no logic whatsoever, unless it's a conspiracy by the cup maker corporations or the fast food consortium interests to double their profits for less actual product being sold.

Just because the size is being limited doesn't mean the price is.
I wonder if anyone could connect the mayor's office with questionable dealings with any of these sorts of companies/organizations in the last 6months.

The overall outcome of this move is to increase the sales of cups and drink purchases. Who benefits?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

While I will grant you that, you must admit that their own laziness and unwillingness to confront hard truths or to make tough choices is indicative of their own desire for slavery. They do not want to face the harsh realities that freemen must confront. They refuse to accept responsibility for their own shortcomings or poor decisions. Personal freedom requires personal responsibility. Believing otherwise is to lie to yourself.

That's why sometimes I wonder if we should have two concurrent systems.

One where you can opt out, and not be subservient to the commercial code, or secondly where you could sign up and become a slave for all the perks.

Even though this dual reality technically exists already everywhere around us, many aren't aware of it and will use violence or intimidation against those who do not conform.

The main problem/flaw with this itself is that the systems are entirely incompatible.

Also propaganda's influence allows government to lie outright and convince the masses that freedom is not even an option.

top topics

join