It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a real life neanderthal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
^Lol

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Considering the body build of Neanderthals, new body weight estimates show that they are only slightly above the cm/weight or the Body Mass Index of modern Americans or Canadians.

The modern well fed human is about the same height and weight of a neanderthal in history. The metabolic demands of their growth were probably one of the things that caused extinction of the pure lines of them.

The skulls and skeletons of neanderthals are very distinctive. There is ridging on the bones where the muscle is attached, their rib cages are massive, and their skulls are significantly larger than a modern humans.

I'm pretty sure this guy is an uncle.

Showing the brain and size differences between human and neanderthal children. Neanderthal children grew faster and larger than homo sapiens.
edit on 14-6-2012 by SibylofErythrae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Yup - it about has to be gigantism ( Acromegaly ). He is approx 7ft. tall and 300ish lbs. That's a tad tall for a neanderthal.

Now that he's retired from the ring he's a member of the Russian Parliament.

Russia Nikolai Valuev Speaks on his New Job in Parliament

“The Beast from the East,” who is 213 cm (7 ft) high tall and weighs about 140kg (308 pounds), had asked that his chair in the lower house of parliament be adjusted to fit his size.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Errrrrr. I therefore take back my earlier comment. I suddenly think he's rather spiffing and am pleased he shows the required brain damage for a role in government.
Actually, can you imagine him as the leader!
"You, shuffle papers! Look busy while me is thinking serious countries to crush I am", "YES SIR!"
"You, go steal all Merica lands with boom booms, bring back trophies but they gots to have the draggable hair", "YES SIR"

In fact, I'm handing in the towel and wish him well on his worldly conquest, I shall go learn a foxtrot for his entertainment.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
In Russia, axe shaves your face.

Certainly his brow and sudden slope backwards of his skull shape does hark back to earlier humanoid shapes. We are all evolving, sometimes there can be devolution. I'm generalising here, but I'd say he's fairly unattractive to potential mates, therefore much less likely to pass on his genes (mind you ladies seem to like these violent thugs....). But I'd only say that from the safety behind my screen, on a different continent, and still rather nervous whilst doing so!

edit on 13-6-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

Well normally I would agree with you - if he was just some big ugly guy wandering around Russia.

But even aside from his recent government job you have to remember he was boxer first.

Not just any boxer. He was world champ. Twice. Now, put the bits together.

Boxing world champion = fame + riches = lots of female attention no matter what the guy looks like.

I give you.. Nikolai Valuev with his wife Galina

They have 2 or 3 kids now.

In a way you have to hand it to him. He turned his freakish size, strength, appearance and talent for beating people to a pulp into a run as boxing champ and cushy government job.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I dunno dude, I think he's pretty damn hot... but I'm a guy, so I guess that still doesn't affect your argument about him passing his genes on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join