It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a real life neanderthal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Seriously. Just look at him.

He's evidently a Russian boxer by the name of "nikolai valuev"
edit on 13-6-2012 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Is it you?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
damn he looks like one for sure lollol maybe his family comes from a cave in Siberia

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

I work with a guy that looks just like the cavemen in the geico commercials. Sadly, the worker has an IQ of about 70.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
He certainly has physical facial features that look like what we might associate as "cave man" or Neanderthal, but it's not really possible that he is one. Maybe he's got an extra 0.2% Neanderthal DNA or something, maybe a few old facial feature traits in his genes came out, but he's still human.

When I went to sleep away summer camp, the guy who was in charge of all the nature hikes had this same sort of "Neanderthal" look about him, but the guy was very, very far from stupid. Also, his daughter lived with him at the camp and she was freakin' hot, and not at all Neanderthal looking.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Close.

Now compare your's with this...

ETA- can't forget Ron Perlman

edit on 13-6-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It's probably gigantism ( Acromegaly ) .. it can give these exact features .. it's a pituitary disorder where the body keeps producing growth hormones after you should have reached your full size.

edit on 6/13/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Yep andre the giant is a famous case of Acromegaly ... there are dozens of celebrities who've had it over the years.. Like the man who played lurch on the adams family ..

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

I may be wrong (i am on a regular basis) but wernt they short of stature? and he is enormas i think he is seven foot two and twenty stone.He took a right kicking from a six foot fifteen stone Englishman,David haye.
edit on 13-6-2012 by marvinthemartian because: oops,dyslexic

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I clicked on this totally expecting to see Biden...

On a serious note, he does hold some of the traits we consider "neanderthal like". I suppose it would be interesting to ponder that some DNA didn't completely evolve some of these traits in some family lines?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
And you might recognize this guy (Homn) from star trek: tng

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

This boxer does show signs of acromegaly. My father is a carrier also,and the large facial features, protruding forehead and large jaw remind me of traits attained from this. Acromegaly can be disfiguring, and hard for the person carrying it, but I think it makes them cool and unique. My dad has sort of the super man jaw going so I think he looks great, as do many with it. And his hands the size of shrek have always amazed family and friends. It is an all around very interesting situation..

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
It's probably gigantism ( Acromegaly ) .. it can give these exact features .. it's a pituitary disorder where the body keeps producing growth hormones after you should have reached your full size.

edit on 6/13/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Yeah, after I posted I was thinking I should have mentioned this. Andre the Giant had Acromegaly.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
In Russia, axe shaves your face.

Certainly his brow and sudden slope backwards of his skull shape does hark back to earlier humanoid shapes. We are all evolving, sometimes there can be devolution. I'm generalising here, but I'd say he's fairly unattractive to potential mates, therefore much less likely to pass on his genes (mind you ladies seem to like these violent thugs....). But I'd only say that from the safety behind my screen, on a different continent, and still rather nervous whilst doing so!

edit on 13-6-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
In Russia, axe shaves your face.

Certainly his brow and sudden slope backwards of his skull shape does hark back to earlier humanoid shapes. We are all evolving, sometimes there can be devolution. I'm generalising here, but I'd say he's fairly unattractive to potential mates, therefore much less likely to pass on his genes (mind you ladies seem to like these violent thugs....). But I'd only say that from the safety behind my screen, on a different continent, and still rather nervous whilst doing so!

edit on 13-6-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

In Russia, face sharpens axe.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Atavism is the tendency to revert to ancestral type. In biology, an atavism is an evolutionary throwback, such as traits reappearing which had disappeared generations before.[2] Atavisms can occur in several ways. One way is when genes for previously existing phenotypical features are preserved in DNA, and these become expressed through a mutation that either knock out the overriding genes for the new traits or make the old traits override the new one. A number of traits can vary as a result of shortening of the fetal development of a trait (neoteny) or by prolongation of the same. In such a case, a shift in the time a trait is allowed to develop before it is fixed can bring forth an ancestral phenotype.[3]

it's just an atavism folks,
sorta like red hair [which we also allegedly get from neanderthal] ,and just as common

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I watched my old man shave with a hatchet like this when I was a kid. He was an excellent blade smith, and he made a hatchet to prove to a guy it could have both the hardness and the sharp edge at the same time.

I'd hate to meet this guy in the ring.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I can not state this as fact. But I have heard theories that many people of Mongol descent have more neanderthal DNA than most other races.

People who suffer from down syndrome which is also called mongolism. Because of their facial features resemble the traits of mongoloids.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mongoloid is a term sometimes used by forensic anthropologists and physical anthropologists to refer to populations that share certain phenotypic traits such as epicanthic fold and shovel-shaped incisors and other physical traits common in East Asia, Southeast Asia, North Asia, Central Asia, the Americas and the Arctic.

The word is formed by the base word "Mongol" and the suffix "-oid" which means "resembling". It was introduced by early Racial science primarily to describe various central and east Asian populations, one of the proposed three major races of human kind.

Since the concept of race has been largely abandoned as a useful way to describe human biological variation the terms have become mostly obsolete. Although especially forensic anthropologists continue to use them in some contexts, outside of physical anthropology the term mongoloid is now often considered derogatory

In any case, I believe it has to do with genetics. So I would say yes that neanderthal DNA still exists in some people today.

edit on 6/13/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Lol, I hear ya.

Anyway, everyone seems to be comparing this guy to ppl with gigantism or whatever. I don't see the similarity.

I mean, just look at his hary back and arms. And that skull structure, it's like almost 100% Neanderthal for crying out loud xD

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Thats what living downwind from a soviet nuclear testing facility does to you

top topics

<<   2 >>

join