It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Man Flees Home Naked After Finding Spider in Bed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

A southern Illinois man awakened to find a spider in his bed, and in a panic, ran through a glass door outside his home, police told FoxNews.com.

The man's identity was not released, but the 20-year-old was apparently sleeping in the buff when he spotted the spider Tuesday morning in his bed, Mike Judge, the police chief, said. He apparently ran through a glass storm door during his escape, cutting his arms, legs and a finger. He was treated at a hospital.

Authorities fielded numerous reports of a bloody streaker and later found the man back at his home, where he'd donned some shorts.

It isn't clear what kind of spider he encountered.

The sheriff doesn't suspect drugs or alcohol were involved.

Oh, I laughed hard at this but I can sympathize. I hate spiders, too.

Poor guy.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Haha thanks for the laugh. I'm glad he didn't get in trouble. If I saw a bloody naked man I would call the police too, but these days streaking can get you serious legal consequences.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yea I read that earlier, ran right through the glass door.

I dont like spiders either but I dont panic like that over them. Bees are a different story though, ive jumped out of a boat before because of a bee. lol

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Must have been one hell of a phobia, or one hell of a spider. I hate roaches and wasps.. roaches carry diseases, and the wasps just have obnoxious and unnecessary long yellow legs that dangle.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Illegitiminoncarborundum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
haha, you know all his buddys are gonna be throwing fake spiders at him all the time now.

never expose your weakness.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I hate spiders.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, needs 8 legs.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Naked...in bed with a spider....He ran off coz he found out it was pregnant.

ETA: did you notice the ........

edit on 13-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegitiminoncarborundum

and the wasps just have obnoxious and unnecessary long yellow legs that dangle.

Not to mention big-ass venom filled stingers

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

haha yea.. that have the ability to sting you over and over again. I used to work for a lawn service, and I made the mistake of walking underneath a palm frond disturbing a happy home of about five.. I made it out alive but with quite a few welts

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I hate spiders.

What, you no like to eat crab, or lobster? (I can agree with that, personally. They're just seabugs. Gross)

What about our centi- and millipede friends, amongst all sorts of others. You're just prejudiced.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeterWiggin

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I hate spiders.

What, you no like to eat crab, or lobster? (I can agree with that, personally. They're just seabugs. Gross)

What about our centi- and millipede friends, amongst all sorts of others. You're just prejudiced.

Probably am prejudiced. But I'm an equal opportunity hater.

Eight legs or more....yech.

And I hate lobster and crabs!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illegitiminoncarborundum

Must have been one hell of a phobia, or one hell of a spider. I hate roaches and wasps.. roaches carry diseases, and the wasps just have obnoxious and unnecessary long yellow legs that dangle.

It shouldn't be the wasp legs that bother you, if you get stung they release a pheromone that will attract other wasps form the hive (if your close to it).
Have you ever seen a diagram of the inside of a wasp, trust me the legs are not your worry.

Anyway, man running naked from a spider, whimp, that is only neccessary in Austrailia.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

Originally posted by Illegitiminoncarborundum

It shouldn't be the wasp legs that bother you, if you get stung they release a pheromone that will attract other wasps form the hive (if your close to it).
Have you ever seen a diagram of the inside of a wasp, trust me the legs are not your worry.

Anyway, man running naked from a spider, whimp, that is only neccessary in Austrailia.

Yeah, those Australian spiders are mean little critters...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I thought this appropriate

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus

new topics

top topics

join