It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Actually an Unbiased News Source Out There Anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I keep looking for a news site where I can find unbiased news about world topics that are not actually controlled by, sensored, or edited by TPTB. I know asking this question on a conspiracy forum, I might be able to find some good places for news, alternative news, and headlines that isn't mainstream media or controlled by some other power or influenced to only tell one side of the truth. Does it even exist???

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

Russia Times isn't bad.

Also Ben's "Reality Check", but that's just a show within a network.

Other than that, it seems agendas are the ... agenda.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I dont know of any but even if we did how would we know it was not ...adjusted news?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Ditto on RT.

Also check out Max Keiser/Stacy Herbert, Charlie McGrath, Gerald Celente and Adrian Salbuchi. You can get some good info and docs from infowars but you have to listen and watch carefully because of the "overenthusiastic" presentation.

Never accept one source. Always try to second source.

edit on 13-6-2012 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There NEVER has been an unbiased source.

I consider my self very truthful, but If certain things come up I have horses in the game.

I have an agenda. You know... We are all biased.

The best thing to do is watch a few of them. RT mixed with CNN helps see through CNN, but keeps RT from getting too out there. ATS is very good in this regard. You get to see all the sides from different members here if you are open to it.

you have to be ever watchful.
edit on 6/13/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Why, yes there is. Unfortunately, most will reject it out of hand.

Before you do, please do at least a cursory investigation of your own, if you're serious.

Or not.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There' no such thing. You're just going to have to filter what you hear with a thing called, "common sense"

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

CSPAN is still pretty good. I don't have the channel anymore though.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I use this site for that very reason...

you can usually find the unbiased version fairly quickly.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yup, all writing/media is inherently biased. Bias isn't a bad thing, as long as it's clearly identified. What we need from our media is a balancing and identification of relevant biases when reporting. That way we get to choose our opinions, rather than having them force-fed to us.
edit on 13-6-2012 by sheeplearepeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah
I keep looking for a news site where I can find unbiased news about world topics that are not actually controlled by, sensored, or edited by TPTB. I know asking this question on a conspiracy forum, I might be able to find some good places for news, alternative news, and headlines that isn't mainstream media or controlled by some other power or influenced to only tell one side of the truth. Does it even exist???

Here's the problem with what you're asking for - when you say you are wanting a site not controlled by, censored, or edited by TPTB, and when you're wanting "alternative" news and healines not in the MSM, you're going to get pointed to places that are biased against the current government and biased against other MSM sites. In essence, by asking for it in the way that you have, you're asking for something that is still biased, but only in the ways that you want it to be.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
RT for the win!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It may not exist, if you look at much of the supposed News, it's generally word for word coming from many different sources. So how likely is it that dozens or more people could possibly be saying the exact same thing? It's really not likely.

If you look at Local or Global News, they are all saying the same thing, practically word for word. There might be a blip that gets through, but it's not likely to be repeated.

Even when looking at online news, it seems as though all stories are coming from one source and simply repeated word for word.

Just keep looking.

Good Luck

umojaresearch

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I was going to state the same, but already made the point that there is and never was any truly unbiased news source.

To me it is about morality, to place the good of the public before your own self interests for the better of all, that is something that news source ought yo aim for, as it adds value to their services. Something that today is mostly dead, as news are now part of a corporatist mentality and ecosystem focused in profit and shaping public opinion, more than of informing the public. This one reason why democratic systems are failing...

I also add that comparison of the different view points (if you know who is holding the puppeteer strings) is useful, but one should focus more on what news you see missing and only rely in facts that you asserted yourself as valid for your own personal decisions.

This was recently posted on another thread but I is clearly a good example to how facts become distorted intentionally or by lack of understanding on what is being reported.

Arithmetic, Population and Energy, a lecture by Dr. Albert A. Bartlett 2002, how media and political leaders fail consecutively to understand and report the problems.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The Christian Science Monitor is pretty good for international news.

And this is a good one as well...

www.theonion.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I've always liked the CSM myself. It's the only MSM outlet I really trust. I liked Knight-Ridder before they got gobbled up as well. The amalgamation of almost all media into only a few hands has definitely degraded the quality of international news. However, citizen journalism, bloggers, and social networks have added a whole new level of access to events around the world.

Nowadays on really important news I like to see several different views of the same story from Fox, CNN, RT, Al-Jazeera, Bloomberg, and Reuters along with alternative media, forums, and blogs like ATS, Market Ticker, and Zerohedge.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thanks for all the responses guys. I get what you're saying about everyone has an agenda. I just read an article that says that the US government releases packaged stories. Is there a way to find out if a story was manufactured by the government and released? Does MSM have to disclose that kind of thing?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Why, yes there is. Unfortunately, most will reject it out of hand.

Before you do, please do at least a cursory investigation of your own, if you're serious.

Or not.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Actually yeahright has a point, the CSM is actually quite unbiased, as difficult as that is to believe, it's a great source for most things. I would not make it my only source, but it's always a good start.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join