It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Peeves!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Gonna hit you with two....

1) LED lights on everything I own telling me, with a light, that the device is turned off. Honestly, the blue standby light on my home theater is actually brighter than when the thing is on and playing a movie.

2) People who get off the public transit bus, knowing people are getting off behind them, and immediately stop cold, as if they are thinking "what strange world have i stepped into and what direction is the nearest STD clinic?"

#2 is a daily thing for me now, and, I have to say, I've lost the typical Canadian response of making an angry face and just dealing with it. Now I actually just keep walking, and don't even say sorry when I plow into them. Because, well, why the hell would you stop right in the damn doorway you freaking idiot.

Ahh, thanks i needed to vent.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
1.People who throw bottles into the trash when there is a recycle bin right next to it.
2.People who throw cigarettes out the window of their car.
3.Big families that walk side by side in the flea market and there is no way to get around them because they have basically build a wall.
4.Having the person cutting my hair talk to me. I like them to focus on the task at hand and not talk and take a chunk out of my hair. I have seen it happen.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
People that come to a complete stop to make a turn. (off a main road, no stop light or stop sign, no traffic around, except me behind them.)

People that don't use the left turn or right turn lanes to turn, just stop and turn off the main road.

Women that meet another women, and actually look them up and down, head to toe, like a man would.

Political correctness.

Text speak

Boys that apparently get paid to sleep at their desks at work.

People that chew with their mouths open.

Not being able to fall asleep before the hubby starts snoring!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Text speak

This dives me up the walk. How lazy have people gotten that they can not talk in full sentences now?

And to go along with that I will add students that actually write papers in text language. I am in college and still see this.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Oh gosh I can't hardly stand anyone. This is gonna be a loooong list:

1) People who eat with their mouths open. Eating shouldn't be a visual, nor an aural, experience.
2) Poor grammar, punctuation and spelling that is so awful it's apparent the writer isn't concerned with whether I can read what's been written.
3) Adding "..." between every slobber-worthy pause your thinking requires. Ever hear of the internal monologue? Keep it there.
4) People without a concept of their own girth and corresponding gravitational pull, with shoulders pulled up to their ears in an effort to convey their impish size, who then proceed to crush me beneath a layer of their thigh fat as they sit down next to me on the bus.
5) Pink, blue and purple fonts which scream "read me...I'm...special"
6) Anything clearly done for the sole purpose of getting attention, even bad attention
7) Slow walkers
8) People who aren't comfortable speaking the dominant language of the country in which they've chosen to live

Oh god this is so therapeutic.

9) People without rhythm. There is no way they are of a similar construct and they alarm me.
10) People who aren't on time. Ever. I divorced someone for this.
11) Men who learned what "cool" was by watching Animal House.
12) People who can't handle their substance of choice yet continue using it.

Almost through just a couple more.

13) Loud people. They will be what pushes me over the edge and through the woods to grandmother's house. If what they were saying was worth anything, they could whisper, and people would still listen.
14) People who think TPTB are giving them messages in musical performances. They aren't. Your desire to feel special by understanding symbols and hidden meanings is being exploited for profit.
15) People who can't handle a genius practical joke. Animal carcass removal, knocking at your front door, asking you to give them the dead Labrador that you don't own, is empirically-proven to be hysterical.

Oh that felt so good. Somebody should U2U Phage and tell him about this thread.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dero

Insecure trolls looking for attention.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Misspelling words in posts. This really annoys me. I realize that not everyone is a great speller and English is not everyone's first language but when one is typing a post and misspells a word this little red squiggly line appears.

If one right-clicks it a choice of words appears, one with the correct spelling. It is generally not too hard to figure out!!

People who say "I seen..." instead of "I have seen..." or "I saw..."

Those who don't know the difference between there, their and they're.

I'm am a wee bit of a spelling and grammar Nazi.

I have to agree with everyone about the public cell phone use, the texting language used in everyday speech as though it were acceptable and bad drivers.

Where I live it seems the only requirement for obtaining a drivers license is breathing! There are two traffic lights in the entire town, one at the main, fairly busy intersection. That intersection is a death trap should there be a power failure. NOBODY knows what to do!! Normal people know that it should be treated as a four way stop -- not here! People just go whizzing through from every direction as fast as they can go, and of course there is always an accident, or two or three....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
People thinking everything is a laugh out loud matter.
~ 2nd cup of coffee! LOL!
~ I swept my floor. LOL!
~ The sky is blue. LOL!
Do people really laugh out loud when they say they do? Or is it they love saying they laugh when in reality, they have forgotten how to because they are to busy pretending they do?

When talking to someone and they think they've said something extraordinary and stare at you waiting for your reaction.

And don't even get me started on how people drive.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The comb-over men's hairstyle

When people put their feet on the seats in the movie theater

When people post what they ate for breakfast or send Farmville requests on Facebook (two of the reasons why I no longer go there)

Here in San Francisco only -- the old guy that shows up naked to street festivals

edit on 6/14.2012 by graceunderpressure because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The use of Bass in a vehicle so that everyone a block away starts to feel you coming!

As well, I am not too keen on seeing people with dirty elbows; what on earth are they using their elbows for???? Dirty knees is one thing, but elbows???

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
As well, I am not too keen on seeing people with dirty elbows; what on earth are they using their elbows for???? Dirty knees is one thing, but elbows???

In their defense it may not be dirt...... I have eczema on my elbows (badly) and they always look a dirty grey colour
I remember my mum scrubbing me with a scourer as a kid because she thought I was dirty. *shudder*

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have a few Pet Peeves that drive me nuts..
People abbreviating words when they speak
People that cant refill ice cube trays and put them back in the freezer empty..
People that don't return my phone calls..
I hate people who have no idea what "personal space" is.
Commercials are so much louder than the TV shows.
People who don't vote and then complain about the results..
People who don't want to learn anything new because they know it all...
People who pick their teeth in public...ugh
I could go on forever but i wont bore you but this is a great thread thanks for posting it
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Australia & Britian in that order. Ats has shown me the arrogance and unbinding jealousy you all have for America.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Something that drives me absolutely insane is when people say nucUlar instead of nuclear. I couldn't stand to listen to GWB because of that --- well, lots of other reasons too
but there is only one 'u' in the word nuclear and it should be pronounced like: new-clee-ar NOT new-que-lar

And while we are on the subject of adding the letter "u" to words where it should not be; I hear many people mispronounce the word similar. I was watching a documentary last night that I could not concentrate on because the guy kept saying "simUlar"!

Rant over

edit on 16-6-2012 by wevebeenassimilated because: Needed to fix it a bit!

edit on 16-6-2012 by wevebeenassimilated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

Awww u mad bro?

Sorry, were you in that list somewhere?

Those are my peeves. Deal, son!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I like the idea of this thread. I know some will think its just an excuse to have a whinge, but it actually has the potential to point out to people that they may be doing things that drive others nuts.

Well here's my peeve's in no particular order..........

** People who brake and put blinker on and turn, all at the same time. Its blinker, brake, and turn in that order, not all at once. How does the person behind stand a chance ?
** People who bag someone for getting information from a conspiracy site, yet then get all their information from the MSM and have the hide to look down on us. How do you argue with those mentalities ?
**People who think its their right to have a child. Having a child is a privilege, not a right. If it was a right, then everyone would be able to have a child, but while there are people not able to have a child, then it is a privilege, not a right !
**Anyone addicted to Facebook, Twitter or any other useless social media.
**Anyone that uses their mobile for the internet [business people excluded].
**Younger people, mainly teen girls that use the word "like" after every second word. Like, you know like what I mean, like ?
**People, again mainly teen girls, but also many older ones that use the term "OMG" for the most trivial issue. e.g. "OMG, I just burnt my toast !"
**Reality TV, and those who talk about it all the next day. And even telling these people that 'I DON'T CARE' still has no affect on them.
**ATS related. People who completely misread [or don't even read] what you wrote, then want to argue the same point over and over due to them not reading properly. These people are either very stupid, or they have just outed themselves as a shill. Or they're just a stupid shill.
**The hypocritical 'equality' subject being shoved down our throats, when the cold hard reality is that none of us are equal, whether male or female. Equality is a myth created to further divide men and women while giving the impression its doing the opposite !

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Australia & Britian in that order. Ats has shown me the arrogance and unbinding jealousy you all have for America.

I have a new peeve. Fools like this one. Yet no American on ATS has shown arrogance, or jealousy ? You might pay to do some more reading before making comments like that for the sake of your own credibility. Have a re-read of your comment and then look up what arrogance means. Your wording is the prime example of arrogance.

If you can show me ONE Australian that is jealous of America or American's, then I'll show you someone who isn't Australian. And here's a news flash for you mate....................your country is on it's knees and about to fall in on itself, so what exactly do we have to be jealous of ?

Most Australian's don't actually have a problem with most American's. Its your Government, and our Governments lap-dog support of America that we don't like. Its being dragged into YOUR wars that we don't like.

Just because we don't like your Government, or the way it operates, does NOT mean we are jealous. But, give a fool a keyboard and the rest will take care of itself, as you've just proven. That's not arrogance, that's the cold hard truth.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Population Australia - 22.62 million
population Britian - UK. ( I am assuming that you meant Britain ) - 63.2 mllion

Total arrogant people jealous of the U.S.A - 85.82 million people.

Pet peeve - uneducated sweeping statements spouted by uneducated morons.

I also hate the way that a lot of people nowadays substitute the word ' then ' for ' than '
ie; " I would prefer idiots keep quiet then open their pie holes."

edit on 21-5-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
People who leave their dog outside to bark non stop all day long like the idiots next door to me. Irresponsible dog owners are one of my biggest pet peeves of them all. ~$heopleNation

Amen to that!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
People thinking everything is a laugh out loud matter.
~ 2nd cup of coffee! LOL!
~ I swept my floor. LOL!
~ The sky is blue. LOL!
Do people really laugh out loud when they say they do? Or is it they love saying they laugh when in reality, they have forgotten how to because they are to busy pretending they do?

When talking to someone and they think they've said something extraordinary and stare at you waiting for your reaction.

And don't even get me started on how people drive.

I would give you ten stars if I could! But this will have to do (one regular, plus these nine) * * * * * * * * *

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join