It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook exodus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A couple months ago my wife got really sick (turned out she had a cyst on her uterus that ended up bursting and poisoned her bloodstream). She ended up spending a few days in the hospital. After getting out she decided to take a break from Facebook. We both had previously spent a lot of time on it. Well about a week ago I was inspired to do the same. Upon leaving Facebook I stumbled upon this forum (which I don't obsessively check like I did with FB) and I'm glad I did. I check in, get some good information, comment a few times and then log off and enjoy my time with my family and get things accomplished.

I strongly suggest everyone else who hasn't already done so to at least cut down on, if not completely leave, FB.
edit on 6/13/2012 by shaluach because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach
A couple months ago my wife got really sick (turned out she had a cyst on her uterus that ended up bursting and poisoned her bloodstream). She ended up spending a few days in the hospital. After getting out she decided to take a break from Facebook. We both had previously spent a lot of time on it. Well about a week ago I was inspired to do the same. Upon leaving Facebook I stumbled upon this forum (which I don't obsessively check like I did with FB) and I'm glad I did. I check in, get some good information, comment a few times and then log off and enjoy my time with my family and get things accomplished.

I strongly suggest everyone else who hasn't already to at least cut down, if not completely leave, FB log off .

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

Originally posted by shaluach

I strongly suggest everyone else who hasn't already to at least cut down, if not completely leave, FB log off .

Ditto

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

See... I find my self morally torn on the facebook pandemic.

I'm voluntarily giving the gov and private corps all the info they need on me, and yet it bloody marvelous for sharing laughs and piks of my druken antics with all my friends..

What to do aye?

By the way, are you all aware of the NSA link to facebooks? Ill leave it there cuz I'm to lazy to type right now, do some digging!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The way I see it...

If anyone "lets" facebook run their lives, then they deserve it...

People should be wise enough to draw a line between websites like facebook and spending time with family and friends ... face to face!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I use FB to promote businesses, and keep up with family news, that's about it. I check it about once a week.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I signed up on face book about 2 months ago, turned on the strictest privacy settings I could find. NOBODY was supposed to be able to invite me without my email address and only my email address, which nobody knew.
After about 2 weeks I signed onto that email and had about15 invites, some were from people i didnt know, friends of friends/relatives or whatever. Pissed me off, so I deleted it

edit on 13-6-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Deleted my personal account a couple of months ago.

Never really used it much in the first place, but I couldn't see why I needed it.

Everybody I want to speak to has my phone number already.

I will say that it is an excellent marketing tool, but I want none of that botnet.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thankyou for that mental image
I almost just threw up.

It seems to me that MSM is doing alot of hatchet job strories about fb of late. they always have an agenda. Im not that interested but there is something to it. I think the old money establishment is worried about not having total control of all that advertising power.

I dont have fb because its lame. But I think it would be a good idea to start creating multiple accounts to boost fb numbers and support them. If MSM is out to get them they cant be all bad.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join