It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will India Ever Really Be America's Partner?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted as I searched but couldn't find it. This has been in the spotlight for a while due to the focus towards SE Asia from the Western Nations. It would be very interesting since US depends on India's support in the region not just to counter the Chinese concern but also for a successful Afghanistan exit strategy.

LINK
edit on 13-6-2012 by hp1229 because: fix link

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
your linky dont work for me but india is more linked with the UK than the USA so i'd imagine it maybe more of a friend of a friend relationship

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
your linky dont work for me but india is more linked with the UK than the USA so i'd imagine it maybe more of a friend of a friend relationship

Oops. I fixed the link. They might be linked but now that the SE region is the focal point, strategic partnerships and alliances will be diverse.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Not sure if this was posted as I searched but couldn't find it. This has been in the spotlight for a while due to the focus towards SE Asia from the Western Nations. It would be very interesting since US depends on India's support in the region not just to counter the Chinese concern but also for a successful Afghanistan exit strategy.

LINK
edit on 13-6-2012 by hp1229 because: fix link

Even if it don't become a friend of the States, US should do everything to make sure that it doesn't become friend of the Chinese... but i doubt it would happen but the chance is there.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hi

Link did not work but I see your point.

Im young and not a expert on foreign stuff.
But read alot.

India is more friendly 10 fold compared to Pakistan.

Pakistan is a complete failed state and should not get 1 penny of aid from us.
Do them a favor and get out ,and let another coup happen within weeks.
There was a small chance with them, but they like to sleep with snakes.
There goverment is garbage,Egypt will slowly turn into them.

Let China help them,,they'd throw a little chump to them, but they would have to buy there products,keep them un-employed.(The chump they get ,would not go to the people ,but corrupted for there goverment officials)
Pakistan is NOT OUR FRIEND,its all blackmail/bribes with them.
They'd sell us out in a NY minute!

Russia,there country will be half empty in 50 years.
Economy is pure garbage,corruption there is 10 fold of Mexico.
India has problems to BIG TIME,,but far more promise than Russia.
And way better than Pakistan.

Russia has not done didly for there economy in 20 years,yes they have rockets and great scientist,but there economy has say in the stone age.
Sure some are the WWW,sick sex criminals and virus's come from there, or Russian brides where you dont live happily ever after.(Oh yes,we have sick pervs to,but they dont make websites)

The UN lost its balls some time ago,,The UN should just be for food aid and disaster help,medicine,etc.
But for war its quite useless.

Back to India,way better than Pakistan.

As a partner?
Is anyone a partner over there or just business partners?

Only solution to stop the problem is get of the oil,,,,keeping it cheap keeps this saga going.!!!!
All vehicles within 10 years should get 50+ miles a gallon.
You drive a guzzler,,you pay for it.(simple)

Sorry to get off topic.

Will Star and flag and sorry again.

Molly

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ever? Like Before the world ends...maybe, and agree on the Pakistan thing-if we're into generalising here then the Times in the UK has run a few articles on the cultural depravity of Pakistani males in the UK its a problem with this subset using white girls for sex apparnetly they are an easy target (??) -India/Indians don't have that problem, Afghanistan has but anyway I digress lets just say those nations are less culturally aligned than India. There are massive differences between India and the Midle East, BTW.

The real concern for the US with India is 1) its rate of economic expansion-viewed as a threat by an interospective US and other Western powers 2) India's alignment with Russia as a co partner on the G5 and G6 Generation of Fighter jets (PAK FA/ 50) Which is set their version of a Future Raptor which will put them at a technology and weapons advantage-tactically at least.

I think I'm still off topic. I must need sleep. but breifly in answer to the question...no, not soon.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Darkstar74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

reply to post by MollyMN

Sorry for what?

Im young and not a expert on foreign stuff.
Yet the matured and ones with the wisdom still make
mistakes in Washington DC

Let China help them,,they'd throw a little chump to them, but they would have to buy there products,keep them un-employed.(The chump they get ,would not go to the people ,but corrupted for there goverment officials)
Pakistan is NOT OUR FRIEND,its all blackmail/bribes with them. They'd sell us out in a NY minute!
Even the international community knows this. However being the only islamic nation with nukes, they have to play it safe by throwing a bone (financial aid) to them.

Russia,there country will be half empty in 50 years.
Economy is pure garbage,corruption there is 10 fold of Mexico.
India has problems to BIG TIME,,but far more promise than Russia.
And way better than Pakistan.
Agree. There is a shortage of male population and with the total declined down to 150 Million or so, it is a possibility unless the russian government promotes a massive breeding program

Russia has not done didly for there economy in 20 years,yes they have rockets and great scientist,but there economy has say in the stone age. Sure some are the WWW,sick sex criminals and virus's come from there, or Russian brides where you dont live happily ever after.(Oh yes,we have sick pervs to,but they dont make websites)
I am not sure about everyone but definitely the Russian mafia has a big hand in the underground economy on and off the Internet.

The UN lost its balls some time ago,,The UN should just be for food aid and disaster help,medicine,etc.
But for war its quite useless.
Agree. Many member countries are broke and are sending their not so 'cream of the crop' delegates to represent at the UN.

As a partner? Is anyone a partner over there or just business partners?
The goal is for more strategic partnership not just economical one.

The real concern for the US with India is 1) its rate of economic expansion-viewed as a threat by an interospective US and other Western powers 2) India's alignment with Russia as a co partner on the G5 and G6 Generation of Fighter jets (PAK FA/ 50) Which is set their version of a Future Raptor which will put them at a technology and weapons advantage-tactically at least.
Its about costs and promotion and chance of growth for the domestic Defense sector. This is their biggest priority as this was not possible with the West.

Definitely the Indian subcontinent has seen invasions and pillage from several civilizations yet it continues to thrive despite the setbacks.

Below are links of Leon Panetta's speech and Video and Hilary Clinton's speech.
Leon Panetta

Hilary Clinton

edit on 14-6-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkstar74
edit on 13-6-2012 by Darkstar74 because: (no reason given)

Your response # 1 is true however it is also viewed as a stabilizer in the region with China.

Your response # 2 is justifiable politically and tactically for the region and/or economic trade. However the reality is changing and the future is leaning more towards UAV/UCAVs and/or Space based warfare.

top topics

join