It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson 2012: Our last stand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So Ron Paul is out, we have swallowed hard and are still tingling from the feeling of betrayal. So what? Rand certainly has lost his way, and doesn't speak for us anymore.. Where is there to go from here? Where do we make our message heard? I think Gary Johnson is not far from the ideals we looked for in the liberty movement.. certainly (some could suggest )there is room for debate on his foreign policy, but hes a strict Constitutionalist and was a very successful governor of New Mexico. You're a critical thinking individual, decide for yourself!

A vote for Romney or Obama would contribute to the downfall of liberty and justice. The liberty message lives still in all of us, we can send the message that the 2 party system is unacceptable in 2012.. lets vote Gary Johnson this year.

The movement continues...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

In the light of recent "revolutionary" implosions, like the tea party and the Ron Paul movement an old saying comes to mind; "Every revolution carries within it the seed to its own destruction."

All TPTB has to do is patiently watch a movement grow, identify its leaders and "buy" them out. And if it fails , just kill them by rumour or "sudden lethal accident".

As long as we do not find out and pinpoint each powerplayer in the TPTB by name and location (as they have done with us, through their endless three letter agencies) they will always have the advantage and we will always be their "slaves", to do with as they wish.
edit on 13-6-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well if Ron's out... Gary has always been a second choice. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks...

I wonder if Gary would have RP as his running mate. if so, i would be sold... but that really depends on where the cards fall in the coming weeks.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'll vote for RP, but GJ is a respectable vote. A vote for Romney or Obama is insane.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I would also support a Johnson/Paul ticket. The problem is, Rand has made that almost impossible now. Personally, I wish Ron would back out of the republican party, to hell with his son. I'm still planning on writing him in as a statement as it stands right now, but I guess we'll see how it plays out.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Ive never considered that a possibility as of Rand's endorsement of R-Money. If Ron Paul runs with Gary Johnson, Rand will be seen as more of a traitor.. which is not what I think is happening. I think Ron has a weakness for helping his own family members at the expense of the movement he WAS leading. Just my opinion

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Former California Superior Court Judge Jim Gray is Gary Johnson's VP running mate. I could see Ron Paul being chosen in a cabinet position, though (Treasury Dept. or State Dept.)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

I keep hearing about people writing in RP or that RP might run as an independent or libertarian still. Is this not the case anymore? Aren’t you splitting the vote by promoting GJ and doesn’t splitting the vote hurt the RP revolution?

BTW, have you all seen the short interview Oldcorp did with Gary Johnson for ATS (@ min 7:55)?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OblivionGate

I could see Ron Paul being chosen in a cabinet position, though (Treasury Dept. or State Dept.)

I would love to see that appointment regardless who gets elected POTUS.

RP as Sec of Treasury would be fantastic! That would scare the HELL out of some people!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Gary Johnson is an ACTUAL independent candidate.

Why would he want an establishment Republican like Ron Paul on board?

I'm glad to see some folks are waking up and seeing that Ron and his son pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.

Now Ron can go back to voting with the Republicans and lining up pork for his district while pretending he hates government.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Okay I'm sold. This guy sounds pretty righteous. He should draw in a large liberal vote for gay equality, and ending the drug war, and he is someone running for president who actually cares about the constitution.

For the die hard ron paul fans, why can't there be both, ron paul working the republican party, gary johnson as independent. Maybe ventura wil be vp.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I haven't yet been exposed to GJ, but I'm up for almost anything at this point. I will come back tomorrow and begin searching for answers... for I have been told the interwebs hold the answers to all questions!!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66

I'm glad to see some folks are waking up and seeing that Ron and his son pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.

Now Ron can go back to voting with the Republicans and lining up pork for his district while pretending he hates government.

If I had a penny for every ignorant post I read on this forum....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tanulis
Where is there to go from here? Where do we make our message heard?

We make our message loud and clear by NOT voting! A zero vote is a vote of no confidence. Of course, some are still going to vote, but imagine a candidate winning a presidential election with only a hundred thousand votes. This would be the wake up call.

THEN if the government didn't change for the better we would finally know without any doubts whatsoever that those elected certainly aren't working for the people.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

If I had a penny for every ignorant post I read on this forum....

Feel free to dispute anything I put forth in my post.

With facts, not by screaming, "RON PAUL IS TEH LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS!"

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

And also imagine, if you will, if we did vote for Governor Johnson and got more than 15% of the popular vote, thats a huge message. I would prefer that then us forego voting altogether, but you do what you feel is right

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

We make our message loud and clear by NOT voting! A zero vote is a vote of no confidence. Of course, some are still going to vote, but imagine a candidate winning a presidential election with only a hundred thousand votes. This would be the wake up call.

A bunch of people already sit it out. Only 22 million out of 350 million voted in the 08’ presidential election. We still got a POTUS and we still have business as usual.

THEN if the government didn't change for the better we would finally know without any doubts whatsoever that those elected certainly aren't working for the people.

Don’t we know that already?

Just sayin'

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Nuff said.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I plan to vote for Ron Paul in November.

Gary Johnson just isn't Libertarian enough for me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

My god the ignorance here is just amazing. Ron Paul has never voted with the Republican establishment and all the idiots claiming he sold out are well Idiots. He has the greatest voting record in the history of the congress bar none! His 30 year track record of honesty integrity and never wavering cannot be impugned!

People need to get over the fact that the movement he helped spark just does not have the numbers to defeat the machine yet. In fact the idea that he sold out is propaganda from the machine to try and kill the movement entirely. As Ron Paul himself said its not about him or one man it is about the ideals and principles of liberty and freedom!

Anyone who claims Ron Paul sold out or was a Republicn shill ignores his 30 year track record and is either stupid or a shill themselves. Stop listening to Alex Jones BS and think for yourself. And stop already with the Ron Paul sold out BS it just makes you look stupid...

edit on 14-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join