It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia defends weapons sales to Syria, says U.S. arming rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is the first MSM report I've seen where Russia has actually came out in the open and said that the "U.S. was arming Syria's rebels." For most who are familiar with the ongoing crisis this is probably not new information.

The conflict surrounding the weapons sales by Russia to Syria seems fitting if the armaments are being used to protect the weapons stores from known terrorist groups.

Whatever the case may be, by arming the rebels certain extremists groups inside the country are also being armed, one in particular. If Syria does indeed have wmd's as is reported, why would the U.S. and certain Gulf states see it appropriate to advocate for arming the rebels knowing the element involved and it's past and current association with atrocities, and then condemn Russia for it's sales of weapons to the regime.

This reminds me of Operation Northwoods, where plans were developed and devised to ramp up support for an invasion of Cuba by orchestrating acts of extreme violence to sway public opinion.

In the logic of Operation Northwoods, the killings in Syria are carried out to "create a helpful wave of indignation", to drum up public opinion in favor of an R2P US-NATO operation against Syria.

yahoo.com

DUBAI (Reuters) - Russia's foreign minister on Wednesday defended his country's sale of arms to Syria and accused the United States of supplying rebels with weapons to fight against the government.

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Tuesday Washington was worried Russia may be sending attack helicopters to Syria and described as "patently untrue" Moscow's argument that its arms transfers to Syria are unrelated to the conflict there.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ok, I have become lost and confused on the Syrian thing.

Please clarify, in this case, are the rebels the good guys or the bad guys?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Coming soon to a theatre near you:

VIETNAM II

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Well, the rebels are not entirely from Syria. Allot of them are just random Arabs that the UN is paying to be there to destabilize the Syrian government. Or they are Europeans and Americans. They don't really have a cause. They could be described as anarchists. They(the few real Syrians) have no idea what to do with victory should they achieve it. They just want to kill people, get paid, rape, pillage , ect ect.

The Syrian government, though not like barney and friends, is still the valid government.

The US is trying to destabilize the ME so Israel can be happy and we can make allot of dough.

edit on 13-6-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yea man! Make it an even playing field, why not?

Jeeze, the American admin suck ass

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Exactly what BIHOTS said, ill aslo add that that the Saudis and fractions of Al-Queda, and other mercinaries are funded to destabalise Syria, by *America*.

Of course the UN and US are hand in hand.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Thanks.
Was not sure where I stood anymore, quite frankly, I still do not.
I tend to consider myself a rebel, but I think I am one of the good guys.
*SIGH* I suppose it all boils down to which side you pick.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Great timing for this thread actually, I just watched an artical on RT in regards to this subject:

When we say *weopens* it means M17 Attack helicopters, a Russian Spokes person has stated that Russia are obliged by *old* contracts with Syria to aid them with *defence*.

Ironically, Pentagon officials were stumped when questioned about this situation, it appears only Hilary Clinton and her kind were actually aware of the deals.

Another interesting fact would be America have considered purchasing the same choppers from Russia fro endeavors in Afganistan.

Alls fair in love and war aye?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

well going off the spider avatar....you would probably be in line with trans-humanism. If you are military you would probably like the fact that in the FAR future (not what they tell you) you will be genetically enhanced to have traits that the "good guys" can use in war.

The spider will be the symbol of the military arm of the future. Just a thought....kind of random....I know.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by Skewed

well going off the spider avatar....you would probably be in line with trans-humanism.

And you would be wrong.

You are actually the first to ever mention the avatar, but its meaning is nothing along those lines. If the military chooses to use a spider for their own agenda then so be it. But for the people out there that know it, knows exactly what it is, which does not appear to be too many on this site.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Great timing for this thread actually, I just watched an artical on RT in regards to this subject:

When we say *weopens* it means M17 Attack helicopters, a Russian Spokes person has stated that Russia are obliged by *old* contracts with Syria to aid them with *defence*.

Ironically, Pentagon officials were stumped when questioned about this situation, it appears only Hilary Clinton and her kind were actually aware of the deals.

Another interesting fact would be America have considered purchasing the same choppers from Russia fro endeavors in Afganistan.

Alls fair in love and war aye?

Yeah the old wheel keeps turning.... Syrian goverment states they are not fighting civil war but a war against terrorists, and Russia is at their side and if Us is arming the rebels we have the ole good 80:s Afghanistan again with the same twist
20 years after that Us will be supplying the old goverment (which were the arch enemy before ) and fighting against the rebels which they supported before (and by odd chance they are mostly supported by Russian weapons)

Wars make money so... you do the math ...

edit on 6/13/2012 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/13/2012 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I thought your avatar looked more like an antlion from Half Life, to be honest. Would I be right in that?

My answer to someone's question earlier on who is the good guy and who is the bad guy is that those terms are misnomers. In this world there are rarely good guys or bad guys. There are only players playing the game and their pawns being used to complete those goals as well as individuals caught in between who just want to live their life.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Yeah I have no idea what that particular spider symbol is.

It just got in my head how this was all in the hope of a super-men world......a place where all opposition and un-super men were already eliminated.

I don't know.

I think it's all for nothing. Plans that retarded never work out no matter how F-ing smart you think you are.

Depopulate.....slowly.......WE REPRODUCE!!!!

Let me piss you off now so in the future I can control you.....

Let me make mortal enemies EVERYWHERE because I later will rule the world with absolute power.......

P.S. Venom´s symbol from Spiderman is better though...sorry....J/K..hehe

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

The rebels are and have an identical agenda as they did with Egypt, Libya and now Syria, the only difference now is that its going head to head with another super power and for gods sake, everyone living in the real world knows that this push upon Libya is a western push. Rus. are simply saying out loud you dont belong in this part of the world this is our market place, or keep of the grass. It is interesting as to how and what weapons the rebells will be given to combat the recent sales of advanced attack helicopters from russia. If they are to be of u.s. origin as they were during the taliban vs russian conflict then fear this time russia will simply carpet bomb the region just to make sure. Similar to what happened when the u.s. tried to box in russia through the proxy nation of georgia/nato/eu/un. In short the west had " fail " tags written across their forehead.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
As a person who actually knows people living in Syria at the moment, this news of the rebels being from other Arab nations is definitely news to me.

There is no such thing.

The rebels are Sunni's who oppose the Alawite government and their Alawite supporters.

They started off with good intentions but ended up killing innocent Alawite people (on the stree, like children and old people and women) simply because they supported the Gov.

This is the main problem in the ME. People do not tolerate other people's opinions. Whenever there is a clash of opinions, sides feel that they need to kill each other in order to feel safe. So the situation has escalated to a point where the rebels aren't better off than the gov anymore because they are killing people left and right, the same way the government is. And my friends who live in Homs do not support them even though they're Sunnis, because they know that a bunch of people who kill off innocents simply for their political opinions will not make a better government when and if the government breaks down.

As for Russian's and the American's arming people. Its very speculative to assume that the US is arming anybody at this point. Whereas Russia and Iran are clear allies of the Syrian government and will arm them to the best of their abilities.

FYI: My friends in Syria have seen soldiers come into their town (Homs) dressed like British,Turkish and some other countries uniforms. This was a little over a month ago and I haven't heard from him since.
edit on 13-6-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
The rebels are Sunni's who oppose the Alawite government and their Alawite supporters.

they were instigated by Western backed intelligence agencies.
couple sleeper cells here and there, weapons transfers.
The bulk of the fighting is between those Syrian rebels and Government forces true,
but they are proxy forces of Russia and the US.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don't know.

Mercenary warfare is the greatest travesty to the warrior. The concept has not changed but it was never accurate.

It should be considered the greatest show of cowardice for someone to ask another to fight ones battles.
It should be considered a true war crime. That is, to prolong war after defeat. It is defeat in the shadows always. It is the never setting sun. It is the moon unseen. It is a darkness.

If by your force you can not oppose another force one should not strive to overcome it with more force. Learn the lesson and become worthy as some say.

Our leaders should have focused on BECOMING the world instead of trying to change it. They have forgotten every word they have spoken seconds before speaking them, and forever after.

Maybe In the old ways, if you have an enemy, you become him/ he becomes you. A fusion. A search for unity.

War then was only out of rage of power, or solemn defense of existence. Honor nurtured is strength everlasting.

It is no secret that there has not been a single modern war (Pre/post whatever) or conflict that was not fought with mercenary conscriptions. Since some of those conflicts were created by them and for some no conventional troops were used by "formal" nations, it could be said that all modern wars were mercenary wars and that explains their unnatural nature.

If only sometimes you use conventional troops, but always you use mercenary troops, all war is mercenary warfare with or without "formal" support.

That is just wrong and backwards.

Klingons. Our world is ruled by F-ing Klingons.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
FYI: My friends in Syria have seen soldiers come into their town (Homs) dressed like British,Turkish and some other countries uniforms. This was a little over a month ago and I haven't heard from him since.
edit on 13-6-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

sorry mis-read your last part of your post.. My apologies.
edit on 13-6-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Ok I see this may well be true, but how does one confirm that they are actually Syrian army members dressing in foreign army uniforms? Did they see them changing or is this just an assumption? Those people could be anyone without any proof.

no,no,no

Foreign mercenaries taking off any uniforms they may have and pretending to be rebels....fighting the original Syrian government.

The Syrians are receiving military aid in all forms. It's a biz.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

May as well throw these in to fill up the post..

and another just for the hell of it

I have mis-read the post... My apologies
edit on 13-6-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join