It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putting FEMA or on my car, could I get "in trouble"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have an old beat up jeep, and I was going to lift it and paint it and turn it into a 'FEMA Zombie Outbreak Response Vehicle'. My question is, if I put stickers that say 'FEMA' or on my car and I'm not actually affiliated with FEMA, could I get into any trouble even if its obviously fake and just for fun?

edit on 13-6-2012 by AmorVincitOmnia because: none

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yeah, I think that would be a big NO-NO. You could get pegged for impersonating a law enforcement officer, or a government agency. I personally wouldn't do it.

Just take the "FEMA" part out and it will still be awesome. =]

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Darn it...
Thanks for the response!
edit on 13-6-2012 by AmorVincitOmnia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I DONT THINK SO... im thinking about putting all conspiracies on my car

btw hat state are you in n if u say its for something else, im sure they couldnt pin it on u btw hats wrong with putting fema ? not like your putting FBI

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My brother bought a Used cop car, He had to have it painted differently than it was before he drove it home (remove decals, and spray paint the doors so they didn't match a cop car)

Look up your states local laws, or ask at the DMV.

Impersonation of federal employees is probably a big no no though.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yes you can. FEMA is an acronym.

Just come up with your own thing that FEMA can stand for.
Create a double meaning, learn from our leaders, and if any one says anything to you just say you are following the example set by our leaders. Just do no use any logo or whatever that relates directly to FEMA where they can make a direct link.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
perhaps change the FEMA into something else with perhaps a few greek characters so it technically isn't the same or perhaps do a Z with a line through it so it becomes the ZEMA (Zombie Emergency Massacre Agency) but due to some bad painting the bottom line of the Z is not as visible as it should be

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Maybe you could get away with it, but ask yourself why you are doing it. You are drawing attention to yourself so people will say, "Oh, look! Isn't that cool! How clever!" The problem is drawing the attention of people who lack a sense of humor and will remember you--or put you in a database. It's far better to remain anonymous.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AmorVincitOmnia

I don't know if I would want to be associated with ANY government "agency!" I think you'd be better off joining ZERT (Zombie Eradication Reaction team). They have stickers and badges and T-shirts and all manner of crap LOL and all of it for the low low price of $29.95.

Z.E.R.T.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/13.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join