It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO Preparing Vast Disinformation Campaign Over Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Member States of NATO and the GCC are preparing a coup d’état and a sectarian genocide in Syria. If you want to prevent these crimes, you should act now: circulate this article on the Internet and alert your elected officials. In a few days, perhaps as early as Friday, June 15, at noon, the Syrians wanting to watch their national TV stations will see them replaced on their screens by TV programs created by the CIA. Studio-shot images will show massacres that are blamed on the Syrian Government, people demonstrating, ministers and generals resigning from their posts, President Al-Assad fleeing, the rebels gathering in the big city centers, and a new government installing itself in the presidential palace.

This operation of disinformation, directly managed from Washington by Ben Rhodes, the US deputy national security adviser for strategic communication, aims at demoralizing the Syrians in order to pave the way for a coup d’etat. NATO, discontent about the double veto of Russia and China, will thus succeed in conquering Syria without attacking the country illegally. Whichever judgment you might have formed on the actual events in Syria, a coup d’etat will end all hopes of democratization.

DISINFORMATION

The broadcast of false news is also not new, but four significant steps have been taken in the art of propaganda during the last decade

In 1994, a pop music station named “Free Radio of the Thousand Hills” (RTML) gave the signal for genocide in Rwanda with the cry, “Kill the cockroaches!”

In 2001, NATO used the media to impose an interpretation of the 9/11 attacks and to justify its own aggression against Afghanistan and Iraq. At that time already, it was Ben Rhodes who had been commissioned by the Bush administration to concoct the Kean/Hamilton Commission report on the attacks

In 2002, the CIA used five TV channels (Televen, Globovision, ValeTV and CMT) to make the public in Venezuela believe that phantom demonstrators had captured the elected president, Hugo Chávez, forcing him to resign. In reality he was the victim of a military coup d’etat

In 2011, France 24 served as information ministry for the Libyan CNT, according to a signed contract. During the battle of Tripoli, NATO produced fake studio films, then transmitted them via Al-Jazeera and Al-Arabiya, showing phantom images of Libyan rebels on the central square of the capital city, while in reality they were still far away. As a consequence, the inhabitants of Tripoli were persuaded that the war was lost and gave up all resistance

According to this, NATO has been fabricating most of the information and images, and even have studios with replicas of Syrian buildings set up in Saudi Arabia. All of these allegations are hard for me to believe.

Do you think TPTB would go to these lengths do move their agenda forward?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
not sure. Ive got some friends who live in Lebanon and what they are telling us is that the Syrian government forces are shooting anything that gets in their way including women and children.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

If that's the case, maybe the reports by the MSM aren't too far off. Either way there will most likely be Western intervention.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Disinformation against Syria is criminal

“This means they keep on torturing the audience that still remains for them, telling the eternal tale of bombings and massacres by the Syrian army on civilians” the Swiss investigative journalist, Silvia Cattori recently wrote – reporting among other cases, the non-existence of an alleged bombing by the Syrian government on March 23, 2012 that the press of the hegemonic powers described as “a deluge of fire in an incommunicado city.”

Cattori, known internationally for her analyses and reports, such as demonstrating that Guantanamo was a sophisticated laboratory of tortures and human experimentation, reports that the French media did a description of a non-existent bombing of Homs.

However witnesses she consulted were accurate and precise: “We did not hear any noise. There was no bombing today (March 23rd).

“Everything is calm. I went out to see my friends. Homs is not without communications, all roads are open. We’re safe. The army did not bomb. These are self-styled militias, the “Free Syrian army” who attack the military or police and kill civilians. Even today, a soldier was killed. I know because he lived in my neighborhood,” said an inhabitant of the place.

Disinformation against Syria is Criminal

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think its highly likely this information being given to the Syrian media is true the only propaganda here is saying it is not true

So there is no doubt the Assad regime will want to label it propaganda, i fully expect this will be broadcast on RT but no other MSM outlet,

There have likely "definitely" been Western special forces gathering Intel in the country for many months as they do on all conflicts of concern, to which they will give reports to the international communities with hard evidence to back up the claims, the Syrian government has continuously lied to the international communities about the operations it has been carrying out against the Revolutionists

So, Instead of desperately labelling this information lies before it has even been broadcast, one has to ask why people are so afraid of it in the first place?, why are they all ready claiming it to be a lies & propaganda? YOU GET MY POINT RIGHT? just wait for the information to surface and go over it with a fine tooth comb,

IMO, this is yet more propaganda to truthful information to stop/prolong some form of UN intervention

Its obvious Iran & Russia would like there man to kill his own people/revolution of as fast as possible keeping Assad in power for there own gains, which is why they're flooding the country with arms for him to do that job more effectively,

So there is really is no wonder they have upped there propaganda campaign to confuse the outside world of the problem and extent of the violence within Syria, it just confuses people and make a peace keeping mission harder to gain support for, i bet those poor people in Syria really don't know what to believe any more after all these lies deliberately being put out to confuse, there has been so much propaganda filling the country & the internet that they have almost forgot that this was a Revolution... to begin with, if you hadn't noticed because of Assads refusal to step down like every other Middle Eastern leader it has now become a bloody Civil War, "people need to remember that before swallowing any more propaganda BS like this OP and anything coming from the Anti West trolls on ATS,

I think it is likely the Syria people have not been subjected to these propaganda campaigns thank god as they likely have no means of communication to the outside world due to the Assad regimes war on his own people, the good thing about this is they're likely to stay the cause and keep fighting this oppression no matter how much arms & munitions Iran & Russia can flood the country with, and will without doubt continue fighting the Russia/Iran backed Assad regime,

Neither do i think this propaganda will bother NATO to much, if NATO feels its time to step and gets the nod from the UN & Arab league when things get even more out of hand in the next few months, then it will step in regardless of what Russia/Iran and even China thinks, they have already caused so much death & destruction its about time they realised they have lost there partner in crime and do whats right for the Syria people

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It appears that if the act of disseminating information involves any commercial entity... it is suspect.

Where there is money there is corruption.... pity that.

When the media uses adjectives like "vast" one has to also suspect that the propaganda is not limited to the theater of operations... it includes us as well....

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
not sure. Ive got some friends who live in Lebanon and what they are telling us is that the Syrian government forces are shooting anything that gets in their way including women and children.

People don't want to know that unfortunately, there has to be some way the West is behind this everything else is irrelevant when were trying to make a conspiracy up

It sure would be great if you could get them to join up here on ATS and give us an insight into what is really going on from there perspective through word of mouth what ever,

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Why are there 3 threads on this-there is one in the Middle east forum as well. MODS?????

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
LOL very true....it always has to be a west bash on here so my Lebanese friends who told me that are not helping matters. I did say there is a "small" segment of the population who doesnt believe that but they also said those folks werent close to the situation nor had loved ones who were IN the situation. I said no worries-it was just folks on a paranoid/delusional website anyway and not "normal" folks

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Originally posted by princeofpeace

People don't want to know that unfortunately, there has to be some way the West is behind this everything else is irrelevant when were trying to make a conspiracy up

It sure would be great if you could get them to join up here on ATS and give us an insight into what is really going on from there perspective through word of mouth what ever,

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It could be interesting to watch this time to see what tech they use. Let me introduce you too Richard Wirt. This guy was at IBM when they worked on the first computers. Worked for Intel as VP. Then went to work for InQtel which is the CIA. Heres some info on one of the places hes at now.

www.oxantium.com...

Richard Wirt, M.S., Ph.D., a senior technology executive with 35 years of experience in the computer industry, was Vice President and General Manager of Intel Corporation’s Software and Solutions Group. He developed and nurtured the Intel software group from when he founded it in 1982 to a 3000 person worldwide operation in 2007. Working closely with Intel Capital, Dr. Wirt made many successful worldwide investments including 10 large acquisitions of software companies. Operating at the highest executive level, Dr. Wirt worked with Intel industry partners such as Microsoft, Dell, Oracle, HP, IBM, NEC, Fujitsu, Redhat, and many others, building ecosystems to grow Intel’s processors’ market while maintaining more than 85% market share. In 2007 Dr. Wirt also served as Chief Scientist and Executive Vice President at In-Q-Tel, a technology investment group that supports the U.S. government.

Heres the new tech that could really be interesting to see how it might be used for Pshyops.
www.oxantium.com...

Thu, 10/27/2011 - 11:11 — mkishtban Capture and Edit Live Television Broadcast and Create Professional HD Video Clips.

Anvato introduces Live Capture and Video Editor that makes it possible to capture and edit live television broadcasts in real-time. Learn how broadcast industry leaders such as Univision use live video editing for rapid broadcast-to-web publishing and syndication to distribution partners:
Portfolio Company Headlines
Read more
Anvato Delivers Live Music Video Clipping and Syndication for Industry-Record Incubus HQ Live Web Streaming Event
Mon, 08/29/2011 - 14:54 — mkishtban Anvato and Renowned Participatory Video Director Marc Scarpa Integrate First Live Video Clip Syndication for Major Rock Band’s Album Pre-Release Event; More Than Two Million Participants Involved in Record Audience for Music Streaming Event

Mountain View, CA - July 25, 2011- Anvato, a leading provider of real-time online and mobile web solutions, announced that it successfully completed the industry’s first installation of a live video streaming clipping feature for the recent “Incubus HQ Live” web streaming event, which established a music webcast record audience of more than two million participants. Using Anvato’s Media Content Platform (MCP), renowned participatory video director Marc Scarpa and his team were able to pull and edit live video clips, in real-time, for syndication to various broadcasters and web sites throughout the seven-day event (June 30-July 6).
Portfolio Company Headlines
Read more

I can imagine them editing live videos from the Syrian government and editing it to say what they want it to in real time and rebroadcasting it with little to no delay. Imagine a country that gets two different copies of the same speach live. How would the public react with a repeated attack such as this? Civil war or revolution all done with propaganada and live video editing? Could be interesting.

new topics

top topics

join