It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Leaked document reveals new power for multinational corporations, threatens US sovereignty

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well, all of you who whine about environmental regulations will now get to wade in toxic filth on the behest of your corporate overlords while you kids work after school for 50 cents an hour.

'Merica land of the free, home of the slave. Congrats guys, we finally did it. We finally went back to the robber baron days.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by iceofspades

In view of the current abhorrent conditions in this country, one thing is certain; this country is mired in corruption.

Once the right politicians, power players and banksters are identified and tagged, it is going to end in tears. And ropes. And lampposts.

They just don´t know it yet.

edit on 13-6-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

If anyone is on the people's side they have:

* Allowed these people to become so corrupt that they feel they don't need to hide it anymore because they are confident with the power and connections they have.

* Little do they realize they are just outing themselves. Let their own arrogance catch up to them for everybody in the world to see.

It's good to know that people are still trying to do the right thing. Especially since they are in gov.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

And that's what people don't understand. Be you democrat or republican, your both being played. You have your people that stand out, but too many politicians are mesmerized by the "campaign contributions" by these groups that are just slowly but methodically steering this country towards a certain goal. Or it could be that everyone is running buck wild because they can. If you don't have any limits or rules governing those that govern, don't be surprised when they make decisions that are "in your best interest", The constitution was set up to prevent this ish from happening. But they just sidestepped that document because they have everyone bitching amongst themselves so they are able to do what they want. Some of that ish that they are trying to pull is now being spotted and stopped. So it's not a total uh.. corruption of Washington. Corruption is there, that much is obvious but the question becomes how deep the rot really is.

Power was consolidated until it was in the hands of a select few. The problem is is that these select few aren't in those positions for altruistic reasons. And they are not sharing. And from the way stuff is being run and done now, i know they aren't there for my benefit but their own.

I doubt the Bilderberg group has annual meetings about what they can do to eliminate poverty, get hospital care for the poor or that their American branch are putting their heads together to turn around what's been going on. Don't get it twisted, since there is a bona-fide Bilderberg groups, no telling what exists off the books, no telling.

*sighs* I know the good guys their secret groups too. I wonder if that is where all these leaks are coming from?

Alright to many people in key positions also hold specific government positions that give them extreme favoritism in their respective industry. This thread goes over what i'm hinting about. Revealed – the corporate network that runs the world. Love to kn0wh0w for bringing this to our attention.

Ask yourself this.. do you think those corporate agendas are going to change because the politico in Washington has? The story would be entirely different if a number of politicians couldn't be, lets say bought (lets be audacious
). Nowadays people use political offices for the power, prestige and of course, the connects. Not all of them but to damn many

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It is beyond me why people keep b*tching up a storm about how ‘corporations rule the world’ blah, blah, blah QQ

STOP BUYING THEIR SH!T DUMBIES…

The only way is to curb supporting the rent seekers…

-Keep your current car.

-Don’t buy new clothes every year. Ten pairs of shoes should last at least 5 years…

-No one needs a HUGE house.

-Don’t buy your kids toys to shut them up.

-Stop eating fast food. Learn to cook.

-Only see movies at the theater you really want to.

-Only give gifts for one holiday.

-Bank at credit unions or small locally owned banks.

-Buy less ‘gadgets’.

-Keep laptops/PC’s/Mac’s for at least three years.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
It is beyond me why people keep b*tching up a storm about how ‘corporations rule the world’ blah, blah, blah QQ

STOP BUYING THEIR SH!T DUMBIES…

The only way is to curb supporting the rent seekers…

You make a good point. As mentioned above, things like this don't happen without a really twisted complicity from the people. It's hard to pinpoint how exactly we comply, but our dollars are a good starting point. It's an old story, but our money is our vote, and we have a say in where it goes. We can't exactly control how the government uses our tax dollars, but we can control what's left.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
LMFAO Exactly what Britain and the US did to China for over a hundred years lol.

Still think you won your independance LOL just like the Opium wars ended too LOLOLOL.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

You say 'we know the corruption is there, but the question is 'how deep does the rot go?'

The simple answer that's in front of everyone's face but they refuse to acknowledge it is:

The entire government system in and of itself IS THE ROT.

The state is an immoral institution as it holds a monopoly on the use and/or threat of force to get what it desires. What does it desire? Well since the state itself doesn't objectively exists but is just a collection of individual politicians, what all individual politicians desire is just more power and more consolidation of power in the hands of few.

This is honestly the most accurate description of government that I've found whether you look here in the US or elsewhere. Obama has proven, even more so than Bush surprisingly, that politicians will not let things like the Constitution be any sort of check on the immorality that in inherent in the structure of the state.

Due examples of corruption such as pointed out in the OP, it should be more obvious now than ever that we are ready to move on and leave behind this outdated, antiquated, and simply unfair way of having a society.

I simply do not approve of the state, or any individual or group of individuals, being allowed to have such unlimited power over myself and those around me by having a monopoly on violence. The state cannot and will not ever be fixed and work in such a way that is not corrupt because it is rooted in corruption and immorality. It is what defines it.

People like Stefan Molyeneux, Murray Rothbard, Milton Freidman, Ayn Rand, Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and many others, have been saying this for many years now .(to varying degrees...some endorsed limited, smaller gov. while others want to do away with it entirely)
Government schools of course won't even let the youth know these type of ideas exist. And the mainstream media also of course just either mocks or blacklists these libertarian, anarchist type viewpoints. (Just look at how it treated Ron Paul and his smaller government approach. They treated him like dirt. They literally treat big government Obama as more of a god than a human being and yet Ron Paul gets exactly the opposite.)
edit on 14-6-2012 by Jedimind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I for one am excited. At least it will result in some sort of stability...One World Government? Bring it on. My vote is for unity. Every country is being screwed by TPTB, so we might as well unite and let one person do it instead of multiple.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngstwe have a government that can't even slap the wrist of BP when it kills an ocean, a government that can't put pressure on Japan to deal with the Fukishima melt down, a government that cannot arrest anyone after trillions on Wall Street go missing -- the Multinational Corporations pushing this legislation ARE OUR GOVERNMENT.

Our military is merely a leg breaker for companies that want cheap labor and resources. Our CIA sells our data to private corporations and even marketing firms -- while they pretend to fret about a bogie man they created called al Qaeda.

. Obama is far worse than that; he's a Neo Feudalist and he isn't betraying us to any country -- he's betraying us to Multinationalists who are far, far more brutal than any nation.

My God...all of this is true.

This is freaking surreal.

R.I.P. U.S.A.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

Kind of feels like the earth is shifting under your feet, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

In view of the current abhorrent conditions in this country, one thing is certain; this country is mired in corruption.

Once the right politicians, power players and banksters are identified and tagged, it is going to end in tears. And ropes. And lampposts.

They just don´t know it yet.

edit on 13-6-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

This is kind of funny. Ropes and lampposts!!! lol Where do you find a lamppost nowadays?

I think people are going to fight the good old fashioned way.
Some with guns and the remainder with pens and new ideas.

Old ideas are old tired and ineffective. Corruption has gotten old and why shouldn't it? It has been with us forever. We are just now discovering the dog has fleas. We are not going to kill the dog but we might kill the fleas...or at least get them peaceably to scramble off the dog.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

On May 23, 2012, U.S. Senator Ron Wyden introduced S. 3225, proposed legislation that would require the USTR to disclose its TPP documents to all members of Congress.[45] Wyden said the bill clarifies the intent of the 2002 legislation which was supposed to increase Congressional access to information about USTR activity, but which, according to Wyden, is being incorrectly interpreted by the USTR as justification to excessively limit such access.[46] Wyden asserted:
“The majority of Congress is being kept in the dark as to the substance of the TPP negotiations, while representatives of U.S. corporations—like Halliburton, Chevron, PHRMA, Comcast, and the Motion Picture Association of America—are being consulted and made privy to details of the agreement. [...] More than two months after receiving the proper security credentials, my staff is still barred from viewing the details of the proposals that USTR is advancing. We hear that the process by which TPP is being negotiated has been a model of transparency. I disagree with that statement.[46]”

wiki

I just though I'd show which US Corporations are complicit in this. I'm sure that's not a full list.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
After reading through the document I believe it is as bad or worse than we imagined.
It looks as though the TPP allows for Transnational Corporations (China in particular) complete freedom in every way by eliminating the few existing barriers left.
It pays lip service to environmental protections but you can bet they won't be enforced any more than they are now.
The EPA is a lapdog for corporate interests, just like every other government agency.

To break it down a bit:

- Allows the IMF to determine what "Usable currency" is for payment purposes. Goodbye Dollar!
- Eliminates all import/export barriers
- Prohibits any domestic buying programs. Our weapons can all be made in China now. Comforting, isn't it?
-

Investment agreement.........that grants right to the covered investor:
(a) with respect to natural resources
(b) to supply service on behalf of the Party, such as power generation, water treatment or distribution, telecommunications; or
(c) to undertake infrastructure projects, such as roads, damns or pipelines.

- Chinese factories will be ensure water and utilities. Maybe there'll be some left for the public.

Annex 12-E
Expropriation Relating to Land ....any measure of expropriation relating to land shall be for a purpose and upon payment of compensation is accordance with the applicable domestic legislation of the expropriating party.

- This means Chinese law can determine if land in the US can expropriated for repayment of debt.

- Allows for free purchase or dissemination of proprietary technologies, industrial processes, knowledge and information.

My favorite here:

May prevent or delay Parties from making payment in laws relating to:
Bankruptcy Trading of securities, futures and derivatives.
Criminal offenses
Social security, public retirement or compulsory savings schemes.

- Here we have the ok the deny payment of social security and retirement benefits (why would they specifically list Social Security otherwise? Thus ensuring Chinese investments are repaid.

Lastly they can deny payment to others who can be judged as "non-parties" as determined by the ICISID (run by the UN)

Complete and utter sellout of the United States people, land and resources.
The vultures are circling now.

edit on 14-6-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
some people still know what's going on...

edit on 14-6-2012 by cmstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Important info. But FYI - that clause is standard in every "Free Trade" agreement, and has been since NAFTA.

S&F for promoting awareness.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

WTF are you talking about? As usual you bash America without having the slightest understanding of what the article says or means.

The only people this article screws is AMERICANS. It's a treaty with pacific rim nations that lets them sidestep our pollution and other safety laws even when operating here in AMERICA.... Notice the trend here?

This article has nothing to do with imperialism, and everything to do with this administration being completely out of control.

So how about you either hop on the reading comprehension bandwagon and actually make cogent responses that have something to do with the topic at hand, or you could just STFU since your I hate America tirades are just plain silly in their lack of understanding of how the world actually works.

Honestly did you even bother to read the article? Were the words too big for you? Is that what happened?

*walks away muttering about people who have to make everything about their pet cause no matter how unrelated it is.*

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

That's interesting, because without "US imperialism," South Korea could have gone the way North Korea did, economically speaking.

The article isn't about that anyways, its about the US allowing countries like yours to get around the few laws they have protecting the environment in the US.
edit on 14-6-2012 by beerbaron2002 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2012 by beerbaron2002 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Some very informative video commentary from Democracy Now. Well worth a watch in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm getting kind of depressed.

I like to think that my friends and family are smart people, but in the couple instances thus far that I've brought this up I've just been met with "Huh, that sucks" in varying forms. Luckily for the powers that are trying to pass this under the radar, it's pretty darn hard to get people interested in something that appears so complex at the surface.

I fear that we're screwed

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join