It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia prepares army for Syrian deployment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Russia prepares army for Syrian deployment

www.wsws.org

Given the worsening crisis in Syria, the Nezavisimaya Gazeta newspaper reported that the Russian army is apparently being prepared for a mission in Syria. Citing anonymous sources in the military leadership, the newspaper said that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the general staff to work out a plan for military operations outside Russia, including in Syria.

The units being prepared for an intervention are the 76th Division of airborne forces (an especially experienced unit of the Russian army), the 15th Army Division, as well as special forces from a brigade of the Black Sea fleet
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
translate.googleuserco ntent.com

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Oh crap! I don't think Russia is playing around here friends...

They have a huge, well developed and strategically important naval base in Syria (Tarus). They are not willing to jsut give that up to the western NATO powers who are going to enter Syria, under guise of humanitarian intervention, and install their own government loyal to western 'democracies'.

Click below to see the translated article from the Russian newspaper this article is sourced from (Nezavisimaya Gazeta). The article talks about this force being trained for 'peace keeping' and that may or may not be true. To me though, Russia has A LOT invested in Syria, and this appears to be the first step to actually having combat ready Russian troops that could be deployed into Syria very very shortly....

The details of the operational plan are being prepared by the working parties of the Collective Security Treaty Organisation, to which most of the post-Soviet states belong, as well as the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, to which China and Russia belong.

According to the newspaper report, deployment depends on the decision of the Russian government and the UN. However, the plans also foresee that the troops might intervene without UN approval. The Russian government has so far not confirmed the report.

On Monday last week, three Russian warships were sighted off the Syrian coast. An anonymous source from the Russian government told the Iranian newspaper Tehran Times that Moscow wants to show NATO that it will not allow any military operation against Damascus under the guise of a humanitarian mission.

Thoughts?!?!

www.wsws.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6/13/2012 by Nspekta because: ETA

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

American special forces have been in Syria for probably a month before the first bullet was fired. People don't just wake up one day and say "oh i think i'll overthrow the ruthless dictator we have, even though my whole family will probably get killed". Nooooo they have a little nudge from their american special forces friends, roaming the country side fomenting anger....

...Wouldn't be surprised if the russian were already there teaching Assad to run more efficient death squads.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Do not believe this stupid Debka type website. Russia is clever enough to not get into a war like situation that easy. Russia has better options arming the Syrians instead of sending its troops in the way of civil war like situation.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

don't worry.Russia has a large underground bunker and scalar weapons network.It has 306 cosmospheres(anti-gravity attack platforms). Russia should win the coming nuclear war and eradicate the western psychopathic parasite population.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
Do not believe this stupid Debka type website. Russia is clever enough to not get into a war like situation that easy. Russia has better options arming the Syrians instead of sending its troops in the way of civil war like situation.

Ok, what is their other options? Do you really think they are going to let the US and NATO come in and possibly comprimise the strategic investment in the huge naval base they have there in Syria?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's not just DEBKA. There was a russian news site that posted a similar story this weekend, with ATS thread,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Russian VDV (airborne) is a seperate branch of service in the Russian Military (unlike most western airborne forces, which are part of the army), similar to the US Marine Corp. It also has the same espirit decorp. In addition, most of the VDV is not conscripts but contract volunteer soldiers.

en.wikipedia.org...

The 76th Poskov Division is similar to the US 82nd Airborne. Highly trained, used as an intervention or rapid deployment force. I don't know much about the armored brigade. I don't worry about them as much. The western armies have trained to take out Russian Tanks in masse for a generation, and proved it in the Mid East over and over.

en.wikipedia.org...(Russia)

en.wikipedia.org...

But their airborne, that's a different story. A dug in airborne division, especially in urban areas, would be a high cost affair to root out.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i think all of that blah blah blah
RF will not start ww3

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Anything russia has, Tesla made better.....we stole his stuff we have better

Let Russia go into Syria BAIT them into Syria,absolutely PERFECT A Russian "hearts and Minds" mission, oh that would be classic. Big brother Putin helping little brother Assad to organize a peaceful peaceful solution.Wow that would be a nasty body count.It's peaceful when the opposition is dead isn't it?
I wonder if Iran would arm the rebels then?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Finally. I hope we engage. I am tired of the Russian Government. They obviously want to engage the United States. I think we should engage. So tired of hearing about Russia threatening America. We need to get this over with , if possible without Nuclear Weapons.

I mean , seriously , this war needs to get on with it so we get deployed. I am tired of sitting here doing nothing , while Russia is constantly supporting a genocidal regime.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If anything, the Russians will deploy some forces to secure their Naval installation as the rest of Syria deteriorates and goes to crap.

Smart move on the Russian's part.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Sure its legal to print propaganda in usa thanks to NDAA now.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Tesla did not decode everything.Kozyrev and Kazacheyev did.I am not worried.Russia astrological chart indicates heavy superiority in torsional weaponry(uranus) and biological(neptune).

russians will make sure that turkey will cease to exist .If nato decides to attack nato will cease to exist.
edit on 13-6-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

You could be right, but I'm not sold on this yet. I think Russia may very well feel that maintaining a military foothold in the region is much to vital a task to trust to the Syrians alone. If I were making the decisions, I would probably do the same thing. But then again I play a lot of military and diplomatic strategy games, and I lose a LOT. So that is not saying much, lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Who says Russia cannot have their little base in Syria just because Assad is gonna be overthrown? They will probably participate in whatever UN action is taken to topple Assad so their base will be uneffected.
Assad must be kept in the dark until the last moment thinking Putin is on his side, so that the transition is as swift as possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Finally. I hope we engage. I am tired of the Russian Government. They obviously want to engage the United States. I think we should engage. So tired of hearing about Russia threatening America. We need to get this over with , if possible without Nuclear Weapons.

I mean , seriously , this war needs to get on with it so we get deployed. I am tired of sitting here doing nothing , while Russia is constantly supporting a genocidal regime.

Russia dnt support genocide regime
putin suppoerts that regime
please choose right words
80% Russian dnt support Putin

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

They are not willing to jsut give that up to the western NATO powers who are going to enter Syria, under guise of humanitarian intervention, and install their own government loyal to western 'democracies'.

...and you say this based on what? Iraq? Libya? Why would NATO care about a base in Syria? I also wouldn't be afraid of Russian military expertise. We have been told time and time again how good their stuff was only to find it was really only good for target practice. They peaked at the Kalashnikov imho. Now they are just thugs who are starting believe their own tough guy bull#. That attitude will get your ass kicked and you may just end up dead. Pissing on American and British forces who have been living and breathing war for 12 years is a really bad idea.

V

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

genocide regime? sorry the syrians i spoke to on facebook said that its armed gangs terrorising them.Why does syrian army have much higher losses compared to civilians and terrorists toll? have you wondered?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Who says Russia cannot have their little base in Syria just because Assad is gonna be overthrown? They will probably participate in whatever UN action is taken to topple Assad so their base will be uneffected.
Assad must be kept in the dark until the last moment thinking Putin is on his side, so that the transition is as swift as possible.

Exactly......

There are two ways to read this IMO. The Russians know the Jig is up. They'll move some forces in to secure their assets. Then when the Regime falls they'll still have their base in place and have troops to help with the clean up. Why shouldn't they keep their facility? I mean during the last Cold War Cuba had it's revolution and then told the US to leave Gitmo. The US told them "Make us" nothing further was said. So now, The Russians could basically say the same thing to the West.

In this case, turn about is fair game me thinks.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

british are way better fighters than american forces.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join