It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Navy to shift 60 PER CENT of its fleet to the Pacific as China continues to build up its milit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm just surprised anyone is still making weapons. Get with the program and spend the money on your citizens and infrastructure instead of showing off who has the bigger guns. You would think after the billions of dollars spent on having the latest war tech to have just in case the crap hits the fan would get old after a few decades.

We have the military giving NASA two telescopes better than the Hubble. Hand-me-downs are always awesome, don't get me wrong. Whats does it say when the military is better equipped to explore space than NASA?

I think its funny how leaders of countries across the planet can't let go of the past and just move on.

WTB Reset Button. Willing to trade cake flavored pie.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig

Originally posted by CaptGizmo

Originally posted by Citybig
God what a patronising advert. As if anyone believes the US Military are anything other than murderers and rapists. Global force for good my left arse cheek.

I really, really hope China steps out of the shadows and sinks any ship that dares to enter her waters.

Just curious as to what country of origin you are from?
second line

That is not the topic of this discussion, your off topic post has been reported.

Posts being reported is NOT the topic of discussion either. I know you are quite concerned about off-topic posts, so to help you out I have reported YOUR post to the mods. You're welcome!

Anyway,

I personally am of the belief there is more to this repositioning than simply posturing with China. It's a slow change, to be completed by 2020 they say. If there was some issue with China they would be doing this quick, not taking 8 years to move our ships to the Pacific.

I also found it interesting they mention bringing over ships that can sail in low water levels. Wouldn't this indicate they are doing more than just patrolling out at sea? Shallow water craft makes it seem like they actually plan on sailing into a country somewhere.

As far as a US-China conflict, quite honestly I think it's one of the most stupid ideas people here on ATS constantly harp on about. China doesn't have the logistics to invade the US, and are nowhere even close to that capability. The US also lacks the resources and man power to invade China. An invasion would NEVER happen.

Bombing campaigns would be extremely difficult for China, lacking a way to actually get their air force over the contus. The US could most likely get some planes into China's territory, but wouldn't mean much without the ability to invade via land.

The only type of war between China and the US that's ever going to happen is stupid little proxy wars propping up around the planet.

But by all means, all you China haters, or alternatively all you USA haters keep creaming your pants thinking about the impossible.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
I'm just surprised anyone is still making weapons. Get with the program and spend the money on your citizens and infrastructure instead of showing off who has the bigger guns. You would think after the billions of dollars spent on having the latest war tech to have just in case the crap hits the fan would get old after a few decades.

I think its funny how leaders of countries across the planet can't let go of the past and just move on.

WTB Reset Button. Willing to trade cake flavored pie.

This is still happening because the globalists are in really in charge, I'm sure you know this:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The big reset IS coming!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Excellent post, in ALL regards.

I agree with your assessment about the US and China.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join