It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

My point was that, neither does China, and the fact that their primary foreign investment is in American Treasury Bills supports the position that they don't believe it will be failing anytime soon, or at least they sure don't hope so, otherwise they are down the crapper.

Wrong again.
Sorry,I get into the whole ATS, making people feel stupid to prove my point thing sometimes. I mean no harm and Im sorry if I sound condescending.
It seems to be what the parrots and hyenas respond to the most and I guess I am a propagandist in a way, with good intentions. I dont really think the vast majority of you are stupid. I know people are busy and distracted and bamboozled. Maybe I do have a high horse thing a little. Narcassism is a good thing though.

The Chinese buy your debt to gain power over you.

Remember your humiliating Credit Downgrade? That was watershed. China came out and made fun of you. Officially. I found it hilarious since America is always the one giving orders and bossing the world around.

China only had the power to do that because they own your debt. It gives them power and every right in the world to demand that your Government reduce spending. Think IMF. The whole IMF scam is to lend Greece money so then they have control of their government. They can tell people what to do. They take the power from the government and the power from the people. This is what China is doing. Buying power. They know they will never see the money. It is an investment of a different kind.

I am afraid China is a Loan Shark in case you missed it. Whoda thunk it?

They are pretty much the only Loan Shark left in town too.

Im from Australia and we and China got a bump in our international standing as a result of the last GFC. It helped us in many ways. We are beast in the east. China does not need your inflated dollar. The world is a massive place. It is not just Europe and the United States. You guys are egocentric because you think you have the god given birthright to be on top. An inherent privilege. Many of yu seem to think the entire world would just collapse if good old USA was not holding it together for us. It is not the case Im afraid. I would think that was obvious. More and more each day.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

edit- China actually doesnt own a huge amount of your debt. But it is a decent share. Its enough to give them power over you now and they continue to buy.

They know history will judge them and they want it to be easier to write. You will be remembered as a greedy evil merchant imperial empire. The History books will tell us that China saved us from your tyranny. Liberated the world. You will be remembered for refusing to pay your debts and living like kings at the expense of the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The rebel Free Syrian Army is getting support from Sunni states Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, all allies of Washington.

Those are not "allies" of the US Turkey banned access during the initial stages of "operation Iraqi freedom", Saudi 19 hijackers, and Qatar well a specific example eludes at the moment but when it comes to "Arab" support of the US there are no real ally there.

Russia and the US going back cold war style takes me back to the potus and the Russian pm about being "more flexible".

Rest assured there are some back door deals going on Russia and the US about Syria which is nothing more than a chess piece on the board to both.
edit on 13-6-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Rest assured there are some back door deals going on Russia and the US about Syria which is nothing more than a chess piece on the board to both.

There will be a lot of red faces and many Iranian soldiers caught behind the lines.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Alright then, we can agree to disagree on what affect a disintegration of the U.S. economy might have on the value of T-Bills, and on the Chinese economy, however, I definitely don't disagree that China has been hedging itself up the ying yang with investments in primary resources the world over. Another substantial playing piece on the grand-chessboard as it were.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
The East is the power. I am not generalizing.

Yes, Yes Germanicus. We all know you have your head so far up China's rectum that if they farted you'd be Brain damaged. The threads topic is "Russia-America tussle over Syria invokes Cold War". Not your normal over the top Agenda riddled Rah Rah Go China thread....

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Yes, Yes Germanicus. We all know you have your head so far up China's rectum that if they farted you'd be Brain damaged. The threads topic is "Russia-America tussle over Syria invokes Cold War". Not your normal over the top Agenda riddled Rah Rah Go China thread....

Ha!
Well in my humble opinion, Russia and China are one and the same. They veto tegether. They plot together..... It will be a Duel Superpower similar to Spain and Portugal. They had so much power once that they split the globe in two and took half each. Do you think thats what they will do?
I know you can tell Im no idiot. Im correct. Mark my words. Im a futurist
An oracle
Plus its obvious.

Anyway China is Russia. But fair enough.

I agree. russia are the tip of the spear. And I think that this is no 'cold war'.

edit- China will be Spain, Russia will be Portugal.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Well in my humble opinion, Russia and China are one and the same.

Say What? China and the old USSR had open conflict on their borders for years. You need to stop and smell what you are shovelling.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Well in my humble opinion, Russia and China are one and the same.

Say What? China and the old USSR had open conflict on their borders for years. You need to stop and smell what you are shovelling.

I think it is people like you that need to wake up to themselves.

I would be so scared if I was American. You guys are in so much trouble.

Ignorance is bliss I guess

Honestly man, do you pay attention at all?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I think it is people like you that need to wake up to themselves.

I would be so scared if I was American. You guys are in so much trouble.

Ignorance is bliss I guess

Honestly man, do you pay attention at all?

I do pay attention. That's how I know what you are shoveling.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Well, again, we will agree to disagree.

I believe that any country whose wealth lies in its primary natural resources will always be at an economic advantage.

China is, indeed an up and coming power, but event they are suffering from recent economic bubbles... especially the housing bubble in their case. Let's be honest, they might be printing more fiat currency than anybody else, so massive inflation is never far away for them. And, with a country with such a huge disparity between rich and poor, social instability can come in a heartbeat.

That said, I don't understand why you feel the need for one part of the world to "fail" for the other to succeed.

I feel like we have strayed too far off the original topic, so that will be it for me... have a nice day, and good luck with that financial global domination. At least, if all goes as you say it will, being a member of the commonwealth, I can move to Australia and get a job without much hassle!

Cheers,

the Billmeister

edit on 14-6-2012 by Billmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

So much of the world openly or unofficially, hates America.

I'm fairly sure there isn't a ton of love for Russia and China either. I know many countries that wouldn't mind exacting their own revenge on mother Russia and China, well, it has a less that stellar track record as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Ha!
Well in my humble opinion, Russia and China are one and the same. They veto tegether. They plot together..... It will be a Duel Superpower similar to Spain and Portugal. They had so much power once that they split the globe in two and took half each. Do you think thats what they will do?
I know you can tell Im no idiot. Im correct. Mark my words. Im a futurist
An oracle
Plus its obvious.

Anyway China is Russia. But fair enough.

I agree. russia are the tip of the spear. And I think that this is no 'cold war'.

edit- China will be Spain, Russia will be Portugal.

China and Russia are allies by mere convenience. I can assure you that if one had an opportunity to shiv the other in the back, they surely would. The more China gains influence, the more pressure they put on Russia to maintain a large contingent of military personnel and armaments in the south an east. Unlike The US, Russia surely does need to worry about a large invasion force pouring into their lands.

If anyone thinks that 2 super powers will live in harmony border to border, then there is a bridge in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join