It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Russia-America tussle over Syria invokes Cold War

www.reuters.com

- The world could slip back into a Cold War over Syria and the sprawling Arab country could break up into two or three warring parts, with unforeseeable consequences for the Middle East, a senior Israeli military commander said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6/13/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please Use Exact Headline for BAN submissions.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

In Syria, a proxy war is under way with Iran supplying arms to its Alawite client and Turkey actively arming the opposition," says Can Kasapoglu, a Turkish analyst who is currently a visiting fellow at Israel's Begin-Sadat think tank.

The rebel Free Syrian Army is getting support from Sunni states Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, all allies of Washington.

Russia's foreign minister on Wednesday defended his country's sale of arms to Syria and accused the United States of supplying rebels with weapons to fight against the government.

www.reuters.com

edit on Wed Jun 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wow going to hell in a handbasket. It better be a big basket to fit everyoen!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Almost as if scripted, no?

It appears our world leaders are on their own game plan and we are props in the show.

How many more must die before we realize that the objectives have nothing to do with us - outside of debt serfdom and the servitude of cheer leading?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Precisely the way I see it.

The conflict in Syria is nothing more than a war by proxy on Iran (traditional supporters of the Syrian regime, Hezbolla and fellow Shia Islamists) by Israel and its traditional western partners.

I believe that Russia's interests are solely economic, though I'm certain that geopolitics is being played out as well.

Now, the crucial player becomes China... who do they side with?

From an ATS, tin-foil hat angle, it sure does seem like the prequel to the apocalypse is being set. Is this by design, by coincidence or (dum, dum, dum!) inevitable through biblical prophesy. (If this is the case, I may have to eat my words for calling apocalypse fear-mongers "nut-jobs"!)

To be clear, my personal opinion is that biblical prophesy is used as a political tool to align "believers" behind policies of war which would otherwise be completely against traditional Christian values, but then again, what the hell do I know!?!

the Billmeister

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
War by proxy never goes out of style.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake
Russia's foreign minister on Wednesday defended his country's sale of arms to Syria and accused the United States of supplying rebels with weapons to fight against the government.

If this is going to be a Cold War rerun I guess that's the Pot Calling the Kettle Black. Blatant Hypocrisy..

Russia "We are providing one side arms if the US/West does the same for the opposing side it's wrong"

With all the arms the Soviets/Russians have supplied the world with going back decades. I mean look everywhere you'll find AK-47/74's and RPG's.

Yeah, they have the moral high ground alright

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRemorse762
War by proxy never goes out of style.

And it's so profitable too!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Almost as if scripted, no?

It appears our world leaders are on their own game plan and we are props in the show.

How many more must die before we realize that the objectives have nothing to do with us - outside of debt serfdom and the servitude of cheer leading?

Why wouldnt Russia and China want to be superpower?

They are so close now.

So much of the world openly or unofficially, hates America.

Everything I see tells me thats the United States is soon to be unseated.

I honestly think that people that like to play these things down by claiming its all a charade are wrong. The ability of westerners to comprehend a world where we are not the ones on top just isnt there for most people. Why is it so hard to believe that China and Russia are doing everything they can to weaken the United States before the invitable WW3? Why would China stop now? Now have risen up and come from nowhere. Do you really think they are content to sit back now and play second fiddle to a very weak United States? I think that is absurd.

China has the BRICS working to destroy the US dollar and unseat it as Reserve Currency. The Russia China alliance has many other friends around the world that hate America too. And its not just Chavez and ALBA. All of Russia and Chinas allies hate America and its Imperialism.

Americans just wont see it because they think it is unimaginable that a world could exist where they arent on top.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

im Russian
i dnt hate USA

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

im Russian
i dnt hate USA

Did i say that you did?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Proxy war really tells us something about how the ruling class thinks about the masses IMHO.

They are willing to fund a war,setting whole countries alight as moves in their chess game.
as long as its not their country on fire...

Whatever they say on the news about supporting peace plans-the reality is the big players care not a single # for the lives of weaker men women and children in far away streets.

What a sick game they play with our tax money...
And we go along for the ride every time,buying into their evil schemes.

WTF is wrong with us?
I despair.
Again.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
China has the BRICS working to destroy the US dollar and unseat it as Reserve Currency. The Russia China alliance has many other friends around the world that hate America too. And its not just Chavez and ALBA. All of Russia and Chinas allies hate America and its Imperialism.

Of course, most nations (if not all) have visions (delusions?) of grandeur, and wish to play leading roles on the world stage. (Staying on the Maxmars's theme that this all just a charade!) Obviously, they have the same right, as does any other nation to feel this way .

BUT, remember that China holds massive amounts of American treasury bills, and it would suffer tremendously if the U.S. currency was to go under... therefore, I'm not sure I agree with you that their goal is to see the dollar fail.

I believe that the rise of these new economic alignments such as the BRIC and ALBA have more to do with recent disastrous economic policies by the U.S., the Eurozone and, by proxy, the IMF and the World Bank that these countries just don't want to be dragged down in the cesspool of debt like the rest of us!

the Billmeister
edit on 13-6-2012 by Billmeister because: clarity

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

im Russian
i dnt hate USA

Did i say that you did?

you said: So much of the world openly or unofficially, hates America

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

im Russian
i dnt hate USA

Did i say that you did?

you said: So much of the world openly or unofficially, hates America

They do.

I will say it again. So much of the world openly or unofficially,hates America.

Are you claiming that they do not?

edit- how do you get that I said you hate America from that?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Billmeister

Of course, most nations (if not all) have visions (delusions?) of grandeur, and wish play leading roles on the world stage. (Staying on the Maxmars's theme that this all just a charade!) And, they have the right to feel this way.

BUT, remember that China holds massive amounts of American treasury bills, and it would suffer tremendously if the U.S. currency was to go under... therefore, I'm not sure I agree with you that their goal is to see the dollar fail.

I believe that the rise of these new economic alignments such as the BRIC and ALBA have more to do with recent disastrous economic policies by the U.S., the Eurozone and, by proxy, the IMF and the World Bank that these countries just don't want to be dragged down in the cesspool of debt like the rest of us!

the Billmeister

What you people fail to comprehend is the significance of the Reserve Currency. Without it, you are nothing. See the rest of us actually have to be responsible in the way we manage our economies. Look into it

The end game is China claiming the Reserve Currency. The United States economy is like Tullip Mania. There is no value produced. You move numbers. All the capital has moved to the East. America is a husk. Without the Reserve Currency you will collapse. What do you really offer? Consumers spending an inflated dollar. Thats about it. The higher earners in America are also overpaid as well. You are so top heavy, its scary. The United states offers no value. It is just consumers and a military.

China does not need the US if it has the Reserve Currency. It does not need them right now either. And how long do you think the world will wait for the United states to fix their destroyed economy? Is China creating conditions that ensure that they protect their investment? No. The opposite. China is engaged in economic warefare with the United States.They want to destroy your economy and foreclose. It will be soon. You can comfort yourself with 'ghost cities' and thinking they need US consumers but it isnt true. The BRICS have their own Bank and they are already working toward destroying the vulnerable US Dollar.

Many dont seem to understand why the Reserve Currency is the thing.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

There might be a total of 10 countries in the world not on fire at the moment, yet it's war war war.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Nice argument but you always leave out all the important details [Which are crucial] and knocks that house of cards to hell. The inflation alone would eat the Chinese alive. Nobody would buy their products because the cost of manufacturing and living in China would skyrocket through the roof over night.

Do a little more research,
As it is now the US and IMF metabolize that Global debt and inflation..

I agree though, it needs to be replaced, But that's the topic of another thread all together.

edit on 13-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Nice argument but you always leave all the important details

I make funny spelling errors too. Like warefare? Its not a typo. And I can spell warfare. So what the hell is it?
I make phonetic and dysphonetic. Its a mystery

And I think you underestimate what having the Reserve allows you to do. Its all about oil.

We must produce value. You do not.

The last time it changed was WW2. Sterling to your Dollar.

The only reason peaple have faith in your debt is the military. The military is all that is in Chinas way. I think they will start something by proxy when the time is right. Sit back until the time is right. Then its time to foreclose.

edit- maybe it was a typo.

edit- not proxy. They will have someone else attck you and claim to be your bud. Weaken you further before the kill. The proxy wars do help them though, and weaken you.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

What you people fail to comprehend is the significance of the Reserve Currency. Without it, you are nothing. See the rest of us actually have to be responsible in the way we manage our economies. Look into it

Um, perhaps I should be using a larger font so that you can read it from that high horse you seem to have placed yourself on.

But, in fact NO, I (and my people, for whatever that means) do not "fail to comprehend the significance of the Reserve Currency." My point was that, neither does China, and the fact that their primary foreign investment is in American Treasury Bills supports the position that they don't believe it will be failing anytime soon, or at least they sure don't hope so, otherwise they are down the crapper.

Perhaps their long-term goal is global financial domination, only, their short to middle term investments have them totally dependent on the dollars strength... that is all I was stating.

Now, how about getting of that saddle and having a real discussion?

the Billmeister

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join