It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

52 Hertz: The Loneliest Whale in the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Warning: This is sad. Poignant. And sad.

For decades now, scientists at the NOAA have been tracking a mysterious whale song that sounds like the ghostly howls of a drowned tuba player. The sounds have been identified as belonging to a single whale, who sings at a frequency unlike any other whale in the world.

Doesn't sound so bad so far does it? Unless you consider this poor whale has no family (pod) and is completely solitary. Alone. No love. No mate.

Not only does 52 Hertz sing at a much higher frequency, but his calls are also shorter and more frequent than those of other whales. It's as if he speaks his own language-- a language of one. Even stranger, 52 Hertz does not follow the known migration route of any extant baleen whale species. He sings alone and travels alone.

Recordings of his 'songs' here

While whale lovers may lament the mournful tale of the loneliest whale in the world, there is some reason for hope, too. 52 Hertz seems to be healthy, in spite of his loneliness.

The whale's resilience could also be viewed as inspiration to anyone with a lonely heart. Despite 20 years of bellowing unanswered hymns into the cold echoes of the North Pacific, he sings on.

article and picture source

Somehow it's so beautiful and sad at once.

peace

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Poor guy.
Hopefully he will stumble upon a lonely girl whale one of these days.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is so sad. I hope he finds a mate!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mojojojo

Poor guy needs a family pod - friends - 'cruising mates'...

Lovely but sad.

peace

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Whales used to be able to communicate all the way across oceans. Their songs reaching the other side of the globe. Now, with the noise pollution of our boats, apparently their songs can only travel up to 300 km.

Now if that's true, we are responsible for stifling an intelligent species verbal communications.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Interesting his vocal chords must not of developed properly.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well that made me sad... just prayed for him to find a friend / mate ... but I'd have thought we'd have heard another 52 Hzer out there if there was one...(probably were all horribly slaughtered earlier in the century).

Science has shown that individuality, consciousness and self-awareness are no longer unique human properties, all Cetaceans, being unique self aware, highly intelligent individuals deserve the right to life, love and happiness in my opinion.

Under the declaration of rights for cetaceans, a term that includes dolphins, whales and porpoises, the animals would be protected as "non-human persons" and have a legally enforceable right to life, I am hoping that in the not to distant future we will grant these amazing individuals the right to liberty and freedom. I signed onto the declaration in the hopes we can make this a reality.

www.cetaceanrights.org...

The Cydonia dolphin 'spotted' on Mars
raphaelonline.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I was sad at first, but my GF is the best,

"Of course he isn't lonely. People are so addicted to sad stories. He's probably really closely connected to higher consciousness and is aiding in raising Earth's vibration. No one is ever alone. Especially if his/her vibration is unique to everyone else's. Definitely to do with the ascension process"

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
has anyone ever thought that maybe this whale wants to just do things his own way rather than following the crowd. maybe he knows something other whales don't and he is trying to show them something. just a thought i wanted to throw out there.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliceBlackman

Under the declaration of rights for cetaceans, a term that includes dolphins, whales and porpoises, the animals would be protected as "non-human persons" and have a legally enforceable right to life,

Followed by a national insurance number and required to work and pay taxes.

But I agree, and personaly I think ALL animals should have the same rights as us pink monkeys.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Some arrogant humans on a boat will harpoon the poor soul and dish it out in takeaway packets, for research purposes only you know.

you never know, he may be the whale version of the village idiot and all the other whales have played hide and seek on him for the past 20 years.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I hate feeling emotional and I think I hate you for what im feeling right now, haven’t felt this way in over a thousand years .It is so sad I almost
Well any way good video have a good day !

edit on 13-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Awwww - here some hugs.
But on the other hand? It's nice to know it happens to animals too I guess. Not that it makes it ok for any of us. Then again some of us like to be alone as a few people have posted. Yeah, that's it. Maybe this is all a good thing! Yay!

Have a good day!

peace

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by derickonfire
I was sad at first, but my GF is the best,

"Of course he isn't lonely. People are so addicted to sad stories. He's probably really closely connected to higher consciousness and is aiding in raising Earth's vibration. No one is ever alone. Especially if his/her vibration is unique to everyone else's. Definitely to do with the ascension process"

So according to your gf this whale is in fact a selfish wuss for not socializing with other whales and doing it's job properly by 'spreading' his vibe, letting the other whales suffer in their lowly vibe... a wuss because there might be a chance he will be brought down to 'their level', he might not hold his truth against the masses? I mean, other whales must have a lower vibe or are attuned to a lower vibe otherwise they would all be singing at 52hz right, so he must be avoiding them on purpose.

Anyway I like the whale, he doesn't need nobody just the water, sun and ofcourse billions of plankton. Maybe it lost it's pod and believes they went up to the skies above and now he's singing a higher tune hoping they can hear him.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by AliceBlackman

Under the declaration of rights for cetaceans, a term that includes dolphins, whales and porpoises, the animals would be protected as "non-human persons" and have a legally enforceable right to life,

Followed by a national insurance number and required to work and pay taxes.

But I agree, and personaly I think ALL animals should have the same rights as us pink monkeys.

I'd say fishing would be a good job to give some cetaceans, the british govt could tell this whale ..oh sorry we know you don't have a pod to help you, you can't speak the other's language...but no disability for you ....

I think part of the affinity some of us feel for these aquatic creatures could actually be because we are the "aquatic" ape and not the "savannah" ape.
www.grahamhancock.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
error
edit on 14-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBlackman

I enjoy listening to GH so I'll check out that link in a little while, thanks.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by LastProphet527

Awwww - here some hugs.
But on the other hand? It's nice to know it happens to animals too I guess. Not that it makes it ok for any of us. Then again some of us like to be alone as a few people have posted. Yeah, that's it. Maybe this is all a good thing! Yay!

Have a good day!

peace

Thanks for the hug, just playing about the hate,lol.
Very good...Emotional thread.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Fortunatly for the whales, that isn't true. Sound wave propogation thru the oceans is based Temperature, density, salinity, thermal layers, etc.... In the right conditions the sound can still travel hundreds of miles.

Surface traffic normally stays relatively shallow, again based on the above stated conditions.

It is interesting that "they" were able to trace this particular song to one specific whale, and that in ALL of the oceans of our planet, they can determine that there is no other.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Yeah its a little sad the whale lives alone and all, but I don't find it all that sad.. Hes capable of eating and swimming..

top topics

join