It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds Largest Cave has a Jungle and a Waterfall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
A friend of mine has been there before and took tons of pictures. For some reason his don't seem that impressive, but the pictures in this thread make the place look magical. It's all in the lighting I guess, lol.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Grizzly Bear... Vietnam... Nope.

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I used to do a lot of caving (spelunking) as they call it. Most of the time it was worming thru corkscrews and over and between big boulders and hard crevaces just to get to a small caveren. Dark dirty and demanding but like visiting a different world.

This cave is amazing on so many levels, size, forest? wtf, beauty and grandure.

unfortunatley most of the caves around here have been cemented shut after someone was trapped in a hard spot and died.

We could have saved him but they wouldnt let us in to help. he was stuck in a V shaped wall where he was wedged they fed him and gave him water. wich just made it worse then after they waited till he had hypothermia they tried to pull him out with mechanical force and tore him apart.

we could have shown them how to get at him from below but they would not listen to us at all. they could have cut his colthes off and freed him they could have greeesed him up and freed him but we were not professionals and they wouldnt listen. now all the caves a cemented shut because of lawsuits.

sad he had to die that way.

on a good note I love your screen name. Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I covered this briefly and many more on my first thread when i joined ats heres link for anyone who is intersted in this cave and many more click this title...The Unexplored frontier here on earth well done on bringing new light an a few facts i never covered S&F
edit on 14/6/2012 by indisputable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

So, wait, it was found in 1991, and the guy didn't say anything??? Then, it is discovered by foreigners in 2009?

This is so weird. If I found a cave, I'd tell someone. It sounds like he did, since it's named after him, but why does it say two British guys discovered it? Perhaps it's just wording, but I'd say the guy discovered it in 1991, but the other two guys fully explored it in 2009. That makes more sense to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
What an amazing place, once again I'm in awe of mother nature and the beauty she brings.

Can't help but think this gives credence to Agartha, Hollow earth etc, theories and ledgends. There is so much undiscovered that perhps it is not as far fetched as some people think.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I do a large amount of caving here in Ontario and believe it or not there are still quite some nice caves to explore even though the ice age destroyed the vast majority of them and left a thick overburden thousands of years ago over top of the ones that remain to be found. They are nothing like this, lol, I WISH they were. The caves in Southern Ontario are tight, wet, cold and filled with water most of the time and very rarely do you find any that are decorated (stalictites, rimstone dams, draperies, flow formations, etc, but they *ARE* out there, you just need to know the right people to find out the locations. Most are simple karst windows in the middle of farmers fields, some are long tight underground river caves, many are simple shelter caves along the shoreline of the Bruce Peninsula, but a couple have turned out to be pre ice age karst relics that are spectacular in their decorations and thousands of years old.

For anyone ever getting into caving don't try and go it on your own, join a club and get to know people for a while and learn the ropes and safety practices, *NEVER* cave alone. This way the group you do join will learn to trust you and will begin to share the secret locations of the caves. In a few caves here in Ontario complete ignorant troglodytes have destroyed cave formations, vandalized caves with graffiti and made fires inside the caves contaminating bat habitat. *THIS* is why cave locations are kept secret!!!

For anyone in Ontario, Canada who is interested in Cave exploration, contact the 'Toronto Caving Group', they are always welcoming new members and have trips for the beginner caver to the advanced. They also have MANY cave digs where we attempt to open up promising leads we have found such as soil pipes, blind sinkholes, disappearing streams and village rumors, lol.

The Toronto Caving Group

Here is a fantastic blog of a fellow caver Mick, he is also a writer who has published many books regarding the geology of Ontario and caving.

Rockwatching Blog

Happy spelunking, and always practice safe and ecologically friendly exploration of the underground.

edit on 14-6-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
Reminds me of the description of that cave in Vietnam where US Rangers chased the enemy (or did the enemy pursue the rangers?) into, where they all joined forces to repel a clan of reptoids who didn't like surface walkers bringing their conflict into the cavern home.

Ermm... What?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

That is truly sad
Not only the fact that the person passed away due to incompetent behavior on the first responders part, but because they were sealed shut with concrete. They should in the *least* closed the caves off with a gate system where important bat populations could maintain their place of rest and hibernation. Bats are highly important to the ecology of an area.

Where about's do you live?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Our own little Pandora right here on earth

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

That is just beautiful.
I wonder why I Haven't heard of this place before today?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Its very cool!
I hope that there is some insane creatures.. or perhaps artifacts!.... or maybe even ant people or lizard-men! O:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

That is just beautiful.
I wonder why I Haven't heard of this place before today?

It was in National Geographic sometime last year.

It's not on a typical tourist trail and reaching it and indeed gaining access is not something that would be available for everyone due to the level of fitness and training required. I hope that is a good thing and its beauty will be preserved instead of turning it into a tourist mecca.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Very cool.
Thanks for posting.
S&F
Beautiful. A world within a world. Wish I could go there.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Just beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

Usa, State of Pennsylvaina.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

So, wait, it was found in 1991, and the guy didn't say anything??? Then, it is discovered by foreigners in 2009?

This is so weird. If I found a cave, I'd tell someone. It sounds like he did, since it's named after him, but why does it say two British guys discovered it? Perhaps it's just wording, but I'd say the guy discovered it in 1991, but the other two guys fully explored it in 2009. That makes more sense to me.

If I found a cave like that, I wouldn't tell anyone. I would haul a second hand 33 foot Airstream into the cave, put some solar panels up on the ravine and mount my all sport satellite dish and live there and any birds I pull would have to be blind folded when I bring them over for a little R&R.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'd love to live in a cave like that. Build a little hut. I wonder if there is Satellite TV available in that area?

I read of this a while ago. The local people knew it was around for a long time. It's not like anyone actually discovered the cave.
edit on 14-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I'd like to build a tree house in the forested area, plenty of light for a little garden and off the ground, away from the mutated critters that are down there.

edit on 14-6-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

...away from the mutated critters that are down there.

You are so right! Those mutated cave critters are probably disgusting, pulsating , blind and slimy. If you slept on the cave floor in your sleeping bag, you would probably wake wet with them in your sleeping bag.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join