It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the real Jesus Christ please stand up? The whitewashing of history.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
If you hold His "teachings" in such high regard, why can you overlook the meaning of the names of Adam to Noah -

I've not, indeed, I am one of these. Now, however, is my time for rest and comfort...

Namaste friends!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

When something is white, they mention it. The garment? They said his hair was as of fine wool. White man's hair, and I am white, is not like fine wool. Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if Jesus was white, black, red, yellow or purple. The Christ is inside you. The Catholic Church took ancient metaphors that said exactly that and gave the masses a false idol to keep them dumb and compliant.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Jesus lived in a Roman province called Iudaea, and spoke a language called Judeo-Aramaic.

The jewish people from the Roman province called Iudaea, who spoke the language called Judeo-Aramaic, probably had very little to do, in phisycal aspects, with the Ashkenazi Jews from Europe, that recently migrated to Israel.

The Ashkenazi Jews are probably much whiter than the jews from Roman Iudaea, because the Ashkenazi had mixed with Caucasians in Europe, many centuries after the death of Jesus.

The jews from Roman Iudaea were probably mouch closer, in phisycal aspects, to the modern day Mizrahi Jews:

en.wikipedia.org...

So, if you want to guess how Jesus looked like, he probably looked like the modern day Mizrahi Jews, who are "less white" (or "more brown") than the Ashkenazi Jews.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Where does this leave those of us who don't give a rip what His skin color looked like and serve Him for who He is not what He looks like? Is there room for us too??

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The fact is Jesus was NOT black.

He also wasn't white.

Jesus was a brown-skinned man, who probably looked like some Egyptian boy that we see on TV nowadays.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

im a female from middle east with black hair and dark brown eyes ....... jesus comes from middle east .... its funny how westerners want to blow up middle east the home of the 3 religions ..... thanks for the fake false flags attacks .... atleast i learned what westerners really are from the inside ...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q8igirl

im a female from middle east with black hair and dark brown eyes ....... jesus comes from middle east .... its funny how westerners want to blow up middle east the home of the 3 religions ..... thanks for the fake false flags attacks .... atleast i learned what westerners really are from the inside ...

Wow, really?? Okay, one moronic stereotype deserves another I suppose..

If all Westerners want to blow up the Middle East then obviously all Middle Easterners want to fly planes into skyscrapers. See how this game works?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The many faces and story's of Jesus Christ.. I have taken great interest in this topic.Not only is Jesus painted as a white man with a robe and beard. But has anyone seen the other similarities of Jesus with other deities throughout the ages? This is amazing stuff. The people are so blind to the truth..They are told that if anyone condemns their god Jesus Christ or doesn't believe in his true story then they are evil and are denied entry to heaven.No wonder why Christianity is so powerful they say if you don't believe or if anyone you know doesn't believe in Jesus then they are damned to eternal damnation! Ive been studying hypnosis and mind control lately. Let me tell you.. All Religions have a striking similarity to mind control and hypnosis.. I let the hype take me away to a place that made me delusional and i stooped thinking for myself and basically lost my mind for christian faith..I would tell people that they would be damned if they partake in any NON-Christian activities.. Now I have realized that the bible can be helpful but the way religions push their doctrines that are really no different than a cult.. Wake up! Religion is another form of control. Think about this.. When you really look at the similarities in every different religions especially the ones with a Jesus like figure. It really seems to me that all religions came from ONE religion or idea by a group of people that may predate the Egyptians. Then through time everyone looked to the best documented accounts of early religion(witch is the Egyptians) and shaped and molded it to their liking.. I would really like some input on this idea because i am going to make a huge post on ATS soon about it.. I would appreciate any comments or ideas..

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

We are not in the time period anymore? Really. So do you work for yourself and reap all the benefits, or do you only get to keep some of what you earn. Are you allowed to do whatever you want with what you earn? Did they encourage you to use critical thinking in school or did they form your mind the way they wanted it?

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Call me crazy, but I never thought he was Caucasian or Black....I thought he was Jewish!

Anyway....I do find the theory that much of the artwork was based on the likeness of Cesare Borgia interesting.....Any proof to back that up, other than the fact that the two images resemble one another?

Interestingly Flavius Josephus claims he was a hunchback with a unibrow! www.roadjunky.com...

He was a Hebrew and the original Hebrews were Black. And Josephus is more than likely a later addition.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
More afro-centric tripe once again. Jesus was probably semetic/arabic in appearance for the location and time period. Though it doesn't rule out if he was white or black either, just makes it really unlikely. Sub-saharan blacks that subscribe to afro-centrism take claim to everything in history even though there is NO evidence to support it. And the reason they still haven't been shot down on it all, is because historians are avoiding the race card.

Afro-centrist think everyone on earth that deviates in the slightest from lily white, is in fact a sub-saharan black.
edit on 14-6-2012 by wingsfan because: (no reason given)

It's not afro-centric tripe. Save your ad hominems for someone else. And he was "probably semitic/arabic in appearance"? Well that's not what the Scriptures say. At least not in MODERN terms of Semitic. The ancient Hebrews, Semites, were Black. So yes he did look Semitic, but not like modern Jews.

And no one is claiming that "everyone on earth" is/was Black. I've already heard your false (and slightly bigoted) song and dance from someone else and shot it down. All you can do is invent strawmen to attack (like claiming I, a White person, is "afro-centric" [which you attempt to use as an insult], and that people who think Jesus was Black think that EVERY other historical figure was Black).

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuonSpin

Hi. I believe the two verses you metioned are both prophetic and figurative description of Jesus.. Still, How Jesus appeared in the flesh as the son of man, he very well may have been dark skinned. I'm akin to beleive he was certainly very tan as the jews of that time have been described. However as to his hair color, I don't know. King David's was described as being "ruddy" which is a red-headed rusty'ish appearance. And Jesus in his Earthly body was of the lineage of David. However, this is neither here nor there. We here on Earth have our earthly appearances and they are relevant only to MAN in trivial Earthly matters. Jesus has opened his arms to ALL people no matter what they look like or where they come from.

Let me just say, whether or not Jesus was black or white here on Earth, I don't beleive it matters in the way we think it does. You have to remember any description of Jesus or God in the Bible glorifies God's agenda, not our own.

Still, the verses you quoted I have pasted below and they describe a different appearance than the verses in your image.

Daniel 7:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire"

Daniel 7:9
New International Version (NIV)

9 “As I looked,

“thrones were set in place,
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.

One version says his hair is like "pure wool" and the other says "white like wool". Well, freshly sheered wool, more often than not, is "white". I don't believe for a moment this is referring to his ethnicity. This, I believe refers to his PURITY. Purity has always been associated with the color white. Again, this has nothing to do with human ethnicity or skin color.

Now the 2nd verse in the image, Revelations 1:15 is a near copy of the verse from Daniel. This is not surprising because Daniel was a known prophet and Revlations is a book of Prophecy. Also, if I may, i'll post the verse in a little more context.

Revelations 1:12-15
12 Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, 15 his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength.

Clearly, this is prophetic.

Personally, I believe we are of many different forms and colors because God is a very loving God. After the tower of Babbel, God scattered us and confused our tongues. Its seems perfectly like God to give man the physical characteristics he needed to thrive in the location and climate he was "scattered" to.

IT is man in his weakness who has the shallow view of "skin color" as a reason for division or weakness or of relative importance in reconciling the Son of the Almighty God with our Earthly agendas..

edit on 14-6-2012 by MuonSpin because: typo

I've already addressed the King David being "ruddy" thing in a previous post. I'll quickly sum it up. Ruddy does not mean White; it means red. You can be Black and still be ruddy. Had King David been White, he would have been referred to as "laban."

And the NIV translation of Daniel 7 is wrong. Plain and simple. Nowhere in that verse is the Hebrew word for White found.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Actually ancient Egyptians looked much like modern Egyptians (except for the very brief period of the black Pharaohs of Nubia). Therefore if Moses was black he most certainly would not have fit in with Egyptian royal families. In fact some Egyptians were fairly white, and some very black. Moses was not black though, and I could care less if he was, it simply is not historical. Read up on Egyptian history and the Pharoahs.

Wrong. Because Moses was around during the time of the Pharaohs who were Black. The Egyptians were Black. It is historical that Moses was Black and that the Egyptians were also, especially the Pharaohs. They painted themselves as dark-skinned.

So continue to tell us how you "care less" as you try to debunk my claim. Sounds like you care quite a bit. Another person who doesn't care about the color of Jesus or Moses, yet can't handle hearing that they were Black.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So....What Color are You? What does it matter what color Jesus is? Jesus sees no color of skin although He may out of sorrow have empathy for the persecution so many have suffered because of skin color.....Sss, ATS has so many who try to be divisive by posting your type of analysis, why does it matter? It doesnt matter at all what color He is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus is Beautiful, He is Magnificent,...and I will remind you, and all of Satans followers here on ATS, that Jesus rose from the dead to defeat Satan once and for all........Budda and Mohammed did not....hows that to tick you off??? Ricky Revere rides again.....

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

I'm fairly certain, the real "Jesus of Nazareth" was not Black. He was a Jew -- probably with olive skin, dark eyes & hair. Not that it really matters.

It's interesting that some psychics have seen Jesus as fair-skinned & with reddish brown hair -- it's possible. There are European-type people in the MId-east (from ancient times) that migrated from the Balkans. It's possible they inter-married or interbred with the Semitic natives.

Since it's not likely we will ever have proof one way or the other, why not imagine Jesus in a form that pleases you?

"Fairly certain" and "probably"? Can those two even exist in the same point? And of course again "it doesn't matter."

Psychics? Psychics? Really? Well then they are lying.

I see Yehoshuah how he was histoically, how he is described in Scripture: Black.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
The fact is Jesus was NOT black.

He also wasn't white.

Jesus was a brown-skinned man, who probably looked like some Egyptian boy that we see on TV nowadays.

And here is the other kind of person we get: The ones who can admit that he wasn't White, yet still can't take that next step to recognize that the Savior was indeed Black. "Well, he wasn't White, but he wasn't Black, either. He was 'tan' or 'olive-skinned.""

So you are claiming it's FACT that he wasn't Black? Really? I'd love to see how you know that "fact."

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ricky Revere
So....What Color are You? What does it matter what color Jesus is? Jesus sees no color of skin although He may out of sorrow have empathy for the persecution so many have suffered because of skin color.....Sss, ATS has so many who try to be divisive by posting your type of analysis, why does it matter? It doesnt matter at all what color He is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus is Beautiful, He is Magnificent,...and I will remind you, and all of Satans followers here on ATS, that Jesus rose from the dead to defeat Satan once and for all........Budda and Mohammed did not....hows that to tick you off??? Ricky Revere rides again.....

I'm "White" but my skin color is completely irrelevant, unless you are trying to craft an ad hominem personal attack.

And yet again ANOTHER person who says his skin color is irrelevant. I'll say for the billionth time it's funny how it DID matter for centuries what color he was when he was portrayed as White. Now that people promote a Black Jesus then suddenly it no longer matters, is no longer important.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

Originally posted by Covertblack
I am pretty sure most know he was a Middle Eastern Jew, and would have looked as such.

And how did Middle Eastern Jews look 2000 years ago? They didn't look White like modern Jews do. The ancient Hebrews were Black. That's historical fact.

Baloney.

I was merrily reading along, and then this. It demonstrates this thread to be a political platform campaigning for a mythical Black Jesus.

People trip me out - they all want Jesus to be "theirs", and so try to color him up as themselves, as if one cannot revere someone of a different race. A "black Jesus" is just as trippy as a blond haired blue eyed one. Either would have stuck out like a sore thumb in the place and time of Jesus, and would have left a LOT bigger footprint in the secular records. He looked like the rest of the natives of the area, because it was to them he was sent. See, God knows of people's proclivity to revere only their own, and he'd not have sent a "foreigner" to preach to the locals direct from himself. Look at a Palestinian, a Syrian, a Lebanese. THEN you'll have an idea of what Jesus looked like.

This craziness over appearances is pretty striking. His appearance wasn't the reason for his being, his message was. People lose the message in fighting over appearances trying to remake Jesus "after their own image, and in their own likeness". Your Bible should tell you that it works the other way around, if you bother to dig into it..

Please, present me with the evidence to support your "historical FACT" that Hebrews in general, or Jesus in particular, was black, so that I can refute it. He was neither black nor white - he was "Mediterranean". Black hair, dark eyes, "olive" skin.

edit on 2012/6/14 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Baloney.

I was merrily reading along, and then this. It demonstrates this thread to be a political platform campaigning for a mythical Black Jesus.

People trip me out - they all want Jesus to be "theirs", and so try to color him up as themselves, as if one cannot revere someone of a different race. A "black Jesus" is just as trippy as a blond haired blue eyed one. Either would have stuck out like a sore thumb in the place and time of Jesus, and would have left a LOT bigger footprint in the secular records. He looked like the rest of the natives of the area, because it was to them he was sent, See, God knows of people's proclivity to revere only their own, and he'd not have sent a "foreigner" to preach to the locals direct from himself. Look at a Palestinian, a Syrian, a Lebanese. THEN you'll have an idea of what Jesus looked like.

This craziness over appearances is pretty striking. His appearance wasn't the reason for his being, his message was. People lose the message in fighting over appearances trying to remake Jesus "after their own image, and in their own likeness". Your Bible should tell you that it works the other way around, if you bother to dig into it..

Please, present me with the evidence to support your "historical FACT" that Hebrews in general, or Jesus in particular, was black, so that I can refute it. He was neither black nor white - he was "Mediterranean". Black hair, dark eyes, "olive" skin.

edit on 2012/6/14 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

Well baloney back to you. He DID look like the natives of his area. The ancient Hebrews were Black. I already presented my evidence from the Scriptures. I have not lost the message at all. I live the message every day. I believe in accurately representing my Savior, though.

As I've said countless times, it's so funny how when it is pointed out that he is Black suddenly the "message is being lost." But for centuries when he was portrayed as White no one had anything like that to say. It isn't until the "official story" is questioned that suddenly his skin color no longer matters.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join