It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold war all over again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Russia accusing US of helping Syrian rebels against Syrina government: check it here

US accusing Russia of helping Syrian government against rebels: check it here

MSM trying to convince public that intervention in Syria is ok: check it here

Russia says intervention in Syria is not ok: check it h ere

MSM saying that Iranian soldiers are already in Syria: check it here

Other "reliable" MSM sources says "No, they are not soldiers": check it here

So, mis-information everywhere, accusations exchanges and meanwhile, the people is the one really suffering.

I know its all "old news", but my point is: we are in the verge of a larger scale conflict, where you and I are going to be the most heavilly affected. Don't think for a split of a second that "the more technologically advanced" will "win"(I will never understand the concept of "winning" a war), remember, in 9/11 pentagon and NORAD, didn't had a single slingshot to put those planes down, they didn't even saw it coming, nobody did.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

I wish we're facing another cold war but unforunately I think your wrong. I think this time the war will be very real and very hot... And not just proxies fighting

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
reply to post by thecrippler

I wish we're facing another cold war but unforunately I think your wrong. I think this time the war will be very real and very hot... And not just proxies fighting

That's what I fear as well, unfortunatelly. But I always hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. I wish that a global scale conflict don't happen, I really do, but that's not what the "news" makes us believe in.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I see it coming, too. What are we supposed to do? It seems like this show down has been in the works for some time. Many are even pointing to the biblical prophecies and saying this is the battle against Gog and Magog. I'm not at all a religious person. I even chastise the creationists on here, but those prophecies do seem to fit well.

I can't tell what to believe in Syria. Many are sure the rebels are evil. Others are sure the Assad regime is. I can't make a solid determination based on the info I've gleened.

If this war is inevitable then I must support my own country and the West in general, even if I don't wish for the war.

It will likely be a rough war. Russia, China, Pakistan, Iran, and probably North Korea will be aligned against the US, probably NATO, and a few others (maybe India or Australia, as well as a few ME countries). I have to say that just looking at war material and quality It looks like the West has a definite edge. Turkey alone (assuming they side with the West) is a credible danger to a Russian invasion of the region. The central powers will have no blue water access because frankly their navies just have no chance against NATO. Then again they don't need a navy to fight on a big continent do they.

The scary part is if this war drags on for years. Russia and China have great industrial capacity and a lot of resources with which to build armies from now until the end of time. Their economic structure is well designed for a total war economy.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Erectus because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2012 by Erectus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Any war between the Russia armed forces and United States armies ain't going to turn out well for either country. America hasn't fought a real enemy since the 40's either have the Russians. Americans citizens are ill-prepared for such a fight.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Political positioning and proxy war if anything. They are both doing underhanded things to each other and crying out for other countries to take sides.

Two kids in high school about to fight over a girl, getting the crowd on their side for who is more deserving of her. Newsflash though, the girl was banging one of the teachers...

World Politics = Tonight on Jersey Shore...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus
I see it coming, too. What are we supposed to do? It seems like this show down has been in the works for some time. Many are even pointing to the biblical prophecies and saying this is the battle against Gog and Magog. I'm not at all a religious person. I even chastise the creationists on here, but those prophecies do seem to fit well.

I can't tell what to believe in Syria. Many are sure the rebels are evil. Others are sure the Assad regime is. I can't make a solid determination based on the info I've gleened.

I ain't not too much religious myself as well, I don't "pick a side" between creationism and evolutionism, I rather believe that a "mix" of both is completelly feasale. In my opinion, we were "messed up" genetically by some foreign(maybe out of this world) force. This force is some kind of being way more evolved than us with the ability to manipulate anything they want, including time travelling. So, these prophecies are just distorted glimpses of the future that some are induced to foresee acording to "their" criteria. These glimpses, are a quick sight of the future, showing completelly unknown things and events for the "seer". For example, in the christian bilbe, book of revelations, there is a very clear(at leat to me) vision of a war helicopter. The "seer" was a man who lived about 2000 years ago, so he had no clue, of what he saw. Then to try to describe what he saw, he uses things that look alike and he knew. The description that the prophet gave is(revelations chapter 9):
7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
Horses prepared to batle are full of metal protections; In their heads something round and shiny; The standard shape of a helicopter cockpit does look a little bit like a face.

8 And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
For someone living 2000 years ago, a helicopter wing has nothing to compare to, so, for him, it looks like a woman's hair; The rockets underneath the cockpit may look like lions teeth, pointy and long

9 And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
Breastplates of iron? Not even gonna comment on that; Have you ever heard many chariots and horses running all together? It sounds loud, right?

10 And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
Tail like a scorpion with something in the tails, just like the back part of a helicopter; Power to hurt men for five months: the important part is "power to hurt men"...

So this is a description of a war helicopter as it may look like for a person 2000 years ago. For him, it was something so beyond his knowledge that he had no idea of what it was.
My point is, that the prophecies are a description of something in the future that the seer has not enough knowledge to say for sure what he saw, so analogies are necessary, compare it to something he knows.

For some, it may sound ridiculous, but lets take a more actual example. When Columbus arrived in America, he stood in the beach in a respectable distance for a while. It took some time for the natives to EVEN SEE the boats. Those boats were something so beyond their knowledge, that their brains couldn't even compute it. That's the same case. Imagine yourself seeing a glimpse of the future 2000 years from now, the technology will be soooo different, that your only chance to explain it is to make a comparison with the one we have now. For us, it will sound very strange, but for someone living 2000 years from now, it will sound perfectly as something they are very aware about.

top topics

join