It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Watts ☮ The Way of Waking Up

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

who are you to determine what god does or does not do or how god acts or does not act.

I am who i am...

So now god is considered an equal ?

Now sure how you came to that conclusion from what i just said...

Anyways..

There are none equal... not even the son...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I think I'm equal to God, yeah, even though I'm a lot more deluded, weaker, and less intelligent than God, in my current state. I know that's often classed as a big sin, you can call me Satan if you want, (maybe I shouldn't put words into your mind like that!) but I also think everyone else is equal to God too, and every thing. If you think God is greater than all, then maybe your God is a delusion, because everything is made of the same stuff when you get right down to it. Or are we talking about a great big ponzi scheme where a deluded God fools us into thinking he/she is better than everyone else? Because if so there's a lot of fun to be had down that route, and there's only one fool left when a ponzi scheme falls apart.

And if we're not equal to God when delusion passes, and God won't allow us to be equal, what does that make God? Friend, or fascist? A decent enough God would share wisdom until equality arises. Your God is all, which funnily enough, includes you too. He's my God too, and my Goddess, and I consider he/she an equal, and love him/her, as an equal.

One way or the other, we'll have our truth soon, and nobody will be damned for being wrong.
edit on 16-6-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You can say my last post was hubris, but sorry, equality will never be hubris in my mind, and if God appeared in front of me right now I'd not budge one bit from that.

I'm God, Goddess, Buddha, Jesus, Allah, Shiva, Vishnu, Isis, Osiris, Ganesha, Brighid, Lugh, Tezcatlipoca, and so on. So are you, so is everyone else. Delusion is temporary. It's no big deal.
edit on 16-6-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Theophorus

who are you to determine what god does or does not do or how god acts or does not act.

I am who i am...

Now sure how you came to that conclusion from what i just said...

Anyways..

There are none equal... not even the son...

you wrote and i quote 'My God does not harm his children' by saying this you are saying that you are perfectly clear as to your gods nature and person. (Not to mention the christian god) by saying that god does this ,or god does not do this, you are actually saying that you are an authority on god motives. Truth is that only and thats a big ONLY, god is the only one who truley knows his own motives. These motives can only be told to someone by the source.( That being God). Or by revelation.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
He says,
"It's a question fundamentally, Do you define yourself as a victim of the world, or as the World?"
PTIYPASI

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
"There is no God. But there is you. And you ARE. You ARE. You are the very God you have been conjuring up. ‘I exist’ is the only universal permanent self-evident experience of everyone. Nothing else is so self-evident as ‘I AM.’ I AM is all there is. In the beginning, before we even created the mind, I AM. I AM is above the mind so you must literally get out of your mind in order to remember what you have labeled ‘God.’"
-Ramana Maharshi

"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."
-Thomas Jefferson

"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."
-Eckhart Tolle

"The cosmos is also within us, We’re made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."
-Carl Sagan

"You yourself are the eternal energy which appears as this Universe. You didn't come into this world; you came out of it. Like a wave from the ocean."
-Alan Watts

edit on 6-7-2012 by Takashi11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
First of all, great video =)

so not sure if this fits in,
but for all i read to be awake or whatever you wanna call it.. well i'm awake.
but i dont get the big deal about it.

i think "being awake" is a fundamental state for your own spirituality (if you wanna call it that what)
and through the new-age it fell in discredit.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join