It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO preparing vast disinformation campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Voltaire Network | Damascus (Syria) | 11 June 2012
by Thierry Meyssan

In a few days, perhaps as early as Friday, June 15, at noon, the Syrians wanting to watch their national TV stations will see them replaced on their screens by TV programs created by the CIA. Studio-shot images will show massacres that are blamed on the Syrian Government, people demonstrating, ministers and generals resigning from their posts, President Al-Assad fleeing, the rebels gathering in the big city centers, and a new government installing itself in the presidential palace.

This operation of disinformation, directly managed from Washington by Ben Rhodes, the US deputy national security adviser for strategic communication, aims at demoralizing the Syrians in order to pave the way for a coup d’etat. NATO, discontent about the double veto of Russia and China, will thus succeed in conquering Syria without attacking the country illegally. Whichever judgment you might have formed on the actual events in Syria, a coup d’etat will end all hopes of democratization.

The Arab League has officially asked the satellite operators Arabsat and Nilesat to stop broadcasting Syrian media, either public or private (Syria TV, Al-Ekbariya, Ad-Dounia, Cham TV, etc.) A precedent already exists because the Arab League had managed to censure Libyan TV in order to keep the leaders of the Jamahiriya from communicating with their people. There is no Hertz network in Syria, where TV works exclusively with satellites. The cut, however, will not leave the screens black.

www.voltairenet.org...
"Nowadays the media do not only support a war, they produce it themselves"

edit on 13.6.2012 by bokonon2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bokonon2010

LOL!!!
You said preparing.
I think you meant continues to prepare.
This is just one reason why any head in a blue helmet must die, no matter whos patch they wear.
Sorry soldiers, choose a side.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I heard they've called Spielberg off hiatus.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

You often do not include your opinion.

I find it kind of annoying. Is it so hard? So minimal. It is meant to be one or two paragraphs. Im sure a paragraph will not hurt you.

edit- NATO is pathetic. I cant believe how demonic the west has become. It makes me sick.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It does put a new spin on the term 'air superiority', bombing them through the airwaves. The media is one of the flags to capture in any war these days and this one is sounding well and truly by the balls. If Syria has learnt a few lessons from Libya then it may help with some resistance, but will make it very tough.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

I find it kind of annoying. Is it so hard? So minimal. It is meant to be one or two paragraphs. Im sure a paragraph will not hurt you.

edit- NATO is pathetic. I cant believe how demonic the west has become. It makes me sick.

edit on 13-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

A link to the source wouldn't hurt either...

Media in any form is our only way of knowing what's happening outside of our own neighborhoods, let alone the world. Hell, they have the resources to make us believe whatever they wish..alternative media can't even hope to compete on an equal scale so what you see is what you get

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
We have known for a long time about the office out of the Pentagon who does nothing but media lies, their new way to win wars and gain support for them. Not one story can be trusted, whether it be this one, or any one, if it comes from any western media outlet or western freindly outlet, and other outlets have learned the same ideas from Pentagon officials so you have to wonder about them too.

We can watch the news and wonder only what it is they are trying to accomplish by telling us this new thing. Are they feeling us out? Gauging our reaction to a truth? Trying to start a war? Trying to gain our support for some new idea?

This is why I do not watch the news, nor believe the news, nor react to the news.... it is never real news. Too bad the journalists went along with all the Pentagons bullsh**

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm confused. Thierry's unverified op-ed is not dis-information itself because...?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics

Originally posted by Germanicus

A link to the source wouldn't hurt either...

Media in any form is our only way of knowing what's happening outside of our own neighborhoods, let alone the world. Hell, they have the resources to make us believe whatever they wish..alternative media can't even hope to compete on an equal scale so what you see is what you get

1) I usually open threads and post reply because I am interested in other people opinions and/or do not have outside opinion. I found it is a great knowledge tool.
2) I usually provide all links (and for the OP posts it is a must) as information is useful as long as it can be verified and validated.

Originally posted by Hardfelt
I'm confused. Thierry's unverified op-ed is not dis-information itself because...?

It appears that all information from the OP articles is verifiable.
Thierry Meyssan even made a prediction, so you can comfortably launch ad hominem.

edit on 13.6.2012 by bokonon2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Bickering aside, i beieve that" FULL SPECTRUM DOMINANCE"(the new base line for US war machine agendas)....is is a firml established doctrine by now....
This means total dominance of the battlefield.....in intelligence,operations, psywar, the whole ball of wax.....
You are going to see this used on Americans soon......think about it.....
They will control the skies, with drones
Survey the entire earth with satelites and drones,which see and hear through walls....and control the information you get....
The plan is to control every aspect of the battefield (by which they mean earth, and near space.....)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Is this really News?

All sides have been spewing their version of events. Only a fool would take what any media outlet states with 100% certainty.

ETA: Your News source: Spins, Slants or STRAIGHT OUT LIES!
edit on 13-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join