It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation Reading in Indiana May be linked to This

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Palisades nuclear plant shut down in Michigan just north of the high reading this week. This plant is ranked in the top four of the worst in the nation. I dont know how to link on here or i would sorry. The information came from RSOE and i do think it is credible. Was it a cover up when it happened and they speak about it now when most have forgotten about the super high readings. Lots of leaks in the nearby areas of the readings personally i believe the detector was correct and its on you tube and now what can they say.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Palisades Nuclear Shutdown

I see it here as well.Shutdown

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Why do we think that way. Here's why?
and update

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed1320
Palisades nuclear plant shut down in Michigan just north of the high reading this week. This plant is ranked in the top four of the worst in the nation. I dont know how to link on here or i would sorry. The information came from RSOE and i do think it is credible. Was it a cover up when it happened and they speak about it now when most have forgotten about the super high readings. Lots of leaks in the nearby areas of the readings personally i believe the detector was correct and its on you tube and now what can they say.

is this whole thing linked or related to that thread in any way

the one where that one crazy guy said a bunch of rebels died in america????

i have no idea what that dude was talking about, but others in the thread mentioned a radiation spike and big booms in the area. (Michigan or something?)

so pretty much your saying a nuclear power plant is messed up or something?
edit on 13-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This is what has been happening at this plant recently:

05000255/2012002-01 Potential Exam Compromise During Requalification Exam
(1R11.5)

05000255/2012002-03 NCV Intermittent Fuse Contact Causes Feedwater Transient
and Plant Trip (1R12)

05000255/2012002-04 NCV Failure to Ensure Reactor Head Vents Closed During PCS
Fill (1R20)

05000255/2011-005-00 LER Service Water Pump Shaft Coupling Failure (4OA3.1)

05000255/2011-007-00 LER Direct Current Electrical System Fault Causes Reactor
Trip and Multiple Safety System Actuations (4OA3.2)

05000255/2011-004-00 LER Turbine Driven Auxiliary Feedwater Pump Inoperable in
Excess of Technical Specification Requirements Due to
Unexpected Trip (4OA3.3)

05000255/2011-008-00 LER Main Feedwater Pumps Trip Due to Loss of Suction
Pressure (4OA3.4)

05000255/2011-006-00 LER Valve Packing Failure Resulted in Reactor Trip and
Auxiliary Feedwater System Actuation (4OA3.5)

05000255/1998013-02 URI Corrective Action for Potential Fire-Induced Motor
Operated Valve Damage (4OA5)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Looking at the NRC Event Reports I couldn't find anything happening in Indiana, but Indian Point in New York is venting radiation into the atmosphere AGAIN in an emergency shutdown. Remember all the people that got sick not too long ago when that happened before?

Also another drunk was found working in a nuclear reactor (contracted supervisor).

Some idiot also drove a Jeep Cherokee up to a nuclear reactor saying he had a bomb. He was arrested.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Also another drunk was found working in a nuclear reactor (contracted supervisor).

Was his name Homer?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I do not know if it is related or not.
But it is just as good as anything else to blame it on.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
About 70 miles apart so it's a stretch

Leaky tank forces Palisades shut down

COVERT - The Palisades nuclear power plant has been shut down for repairs to the plant's safety injection and refueling borated water tank, plant spokesman Mark Savage said Tuesday.

The plant was shut down shortly before 7 p.m. Tuesday so the leaking tank can be repaired. The tank holds up to 300,000 gallons of borate water. It has two purposes: To flood the reactor cavity during refueling outages; and to remove heat from the reactor core as needed, if there is a loss of coolant or is needed to boost the safety margin during a shutdown.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Just so many things being covered up in the michigan indiana area only time will tell. Hopefully someone in the know will talk this is so close to me its crazy im going to keep watching what goes on in the area as of now nothing has been said.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
All of the activity lately really seems strange. I think it remains unclear as to the real reading. With all the military movement, I don't think it could just be a leak.

Threat of radiation cause of GMO crop promotion

Its been making me think a lot about a thread I authored a while back listed above. It seems like the threat is real now. If we see anymore high readings like this, I'll be even more suspicious. Somehow, most everything corrupt is linked.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The military movement is normal summer training thats been going on for probably 50 years. Head north to Grayling for 2 weeks than back home to fix all the things you broke while there. The nuke issue iwas a broken sensor nothing to say otherwise. The guy in Alpena is just a story at this point no proof.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The alpena story is a sorcha fal hoax...nobody got killed but a reporter did get arrested while investigating loud booms of unknown origins in that area.......
The Nucear genie is ready to break out of so many bottles weve stuffed him in, that life may be altered irrevocably for the whole planet....
Simply add up the number of nuke stations across the world, and multiply by the number of expected failures as they age....... then throw in the huge stockpiles of nuclear waste which NOBODY can figure out how to get rid of safely.............along with thousands upon thousands of nuclear weapons which are 90% or better pure.....
What do you think it all adds up to?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Just posting to link the threads together so people can track the info we've all got here.
This thread been running a few days now in regards to the massive meter readings that were observed;
NUCLEAR RADIATION EVENT in South Bend Indiana USA + Call to NRC Hotline

I've said in that thread that I'm glad you lot over there have got your finger on the pulse about allthis radiation and power plant activity.. what with those booms being heard too ..and all the truck/helicopter movements going on..

If something is wrong over there, i hope you're all safe and we can nail the bad guys

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well as long as the dates/locations match up fairly well, than it would have to be obvious there is likely a direct relationship.

You have an "admitted leak" at a plant, sensors detecting the release, and a follow up Air Force "radiation containment exercise".

Adds up pretty well.

However, if there were "explosions" heard, what could this possibly be?
I don't believe the water pipe excuse, I need something that fits the context a little better.
Or at least a reasonable explanation of how a pipe bursting can cause such loud sounds heard over great distances.
edit on 13-6-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell

The plant was shut down shortly before 7 p.m. Tuesday so the leaking tank can be repaired. The tank holds up to 300,000 gallons of borate water. It has two purposes: To flood the reactor cavity during refueling outages; and to remove heat from the reactor core as needed, if there is a loss of coolant or is needed to boost the safety margin during a shutdown.

Yeah, I don't think this really explains :
#1 sounds of explosions
or
#2 How the sensors detected an airborne contaminant.

Perhaps the plant shut down for other, "classified" reasons, and this is just the public excuse to keep us pacified while they deal with "whatever"?

If anyone has the time, it would be interesting to see a map with the location of this facility, and in respect to the sensors that detected high readings and which way the wind took it.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I am sure there is someone on ATS who has purchased a used Geiger counter on e-bay like myself that could go outside and take a measurement. Maybe they could get near the facility? A few miles away would be good enough downwind.

Always remember:

TIME

DISTANCE

SHIELDING

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
yea.. the radiation readings there

where a s/w glitch ..

nothing more and if you go to the site .. it says so ..

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
According to RSOE EDIS
Nuclear Event in USA on Wednesday, 13 June, 2012 at 05:40 (05:40 AM) UTC.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

These 2 events are 6 days apart;

Nuclear Event in USA on Thursday, 07 June, 2012 at 17:11 (05:11 PM) UTC.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

The huge spike was measured on June 7 as well.

This is a story to be checked:
Brunswick Nuclear Sabotage Again? North Carolina Be Alert!
pissinontheroses.blogspot.com...
June 13, 2012

Here is a link to the information re: North Carolina (bottom of the page at this time). I think I'm bookmarking this page.
www.nrc.gov...

I think I'm bookmarking this page.

edit on 6/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
ub alert
Nuclear Event - North-America - USA
www.ubalert.com...
information updated 4 minutes ago

duh, it was updated for a comment:

Can't believe this plant is still in business....

RSOE_EDIS rates it minor - 2 on a scale of 5
edit on 6/13/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

<<   2 >>

join