It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we biological sensors with antennae?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
With the things we feel in our heart center during meditation, and the energy sensation we feel at the top of our foreheads or between our eyes, this makes me wonder if we are biological sensors with a built-in antennae.

Is the feeling we have in our heads the feeling of energy flowing in and out of our bodies, both ways? Maybe actually only one way?

Is it isn't a signal of some kind, then what is the feeling we feel around our foreheads, and why does it increase if we "open" our heart center by relaxing it? (That is my view, by the way, that "opening" it means relaxing your beating heart.)

Researchers have said they cannot find the part in the brain where memories are stored. Actually, I checked this statement to make sure it was still true, and found out that MIT has recently discovered. They realize memories are stored in individual synapses. (I'm sidetracking my main point here, but it's related, so...)
------SIDETRACK BEGIN-------

The main significance here is that we finally have proof that memories (engrams, in neuropsychology speak) are physical rather than conceptual. We now know that, as in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, specific memories could be erased. It also gives us further insight into degenerative diseases and psychiatric disorders, which are mostly caused by the (faulty) interaction of neurons.
-source

They then pose the question of whether we could learn entire subjects by using a laser in the same way they did to stimulate neurons in the brains of mice. How would the laser reach all the various areas without your brain being in billions of pieces, though?
------SIDETRACK END-------

I was going to say, if we can't find a place in the brain where they are stored, perhaps they are stored externally, and our brains are connecting to some external wireless "database" of consciousness or information. And, maybe it still is.

My main question is, what does that energy feeling on the forehead mean? Why is it there? Is energy collected there? Is energy entering and leaving that point for some reason? Are we "downloading" instructions from an external source, perhaps?

Supposedly, there is a link between the symbolism of the serpents on the caduceus, and the third eye...something to look up, maybe?

Related links to explore:
Third Eye (other interpretations)
Qigong

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I always wondered if the Pineal Gland is responsible for the intake of the cosmic energy which is why it is felt in the forehead first then radiated like waves through the rest of the body. Which could also help explain that while we age (and our pineal gland calcifies) it becomes more difficult to harness/utilize the energy than it did when we where children. (when it once came naturally, like breathing) Nice thought inspiring post for me, thanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Going along with the whole sensors and antennae notion, I have heard that during the Vietnam war, the American gov't had used Native American trackers to help find the VC in the jungles. At first, when they got the Natives to boot camp, their heads were shaved like all the other soldiers. When they were sent to battle, they had all but lost their tracking abilities. When other trackers were sent out, long hair intact, they were able to easily find the Viet Cong. They don't know why, but the theory is that the long hair acted as an antennae of sorts, and they somehow got some kind of information about their surroundings with their long hair. Never know I suppose, could be true.

PS. I am sorry, I don't mean to derail your thread!
edit on 13-6-2012 by ReMeDee1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Thanks for the reply. I guess nobody really knows! I was really hoping someone here had a firm idea. I guess it's not known to man, as far as we know, that is.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

u keep meaning urself being an animal and this is disgusting it looks like a cockroach clear antennas

the idea of connection is about the concept of truth that u cant b unless u r objective first and u cant b objective unless u know everything there and u cant know everything existing unless u are connected with existence freedom of all, so ur connections are not antennas they are what u need to relate to what u do objectively and see by urself alone, in order to b out of all urself mind freedom

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

urself mind freedom Right, the word right is all the end freedom right for any and all

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReMeDee1982

Going along with the whole sensors and antennae notion, I have heard that during the Vietnam war, the American gov't had used Native American trackers to help find the VC in the jungles. At first, when they got the Natives to boot camp, their heads were shaved like all the other soldiers. When they were sent to battle, they had all but lost their tracking abilities. When other trackers were sent out, long hair intact, they were able to easily find the Viet Cong. They don't know why, but the theory is that the long hair acted as an antennae of sorts, and they somehow got some kind of information about their surroundings with their long hair. Never know I suppose, could be true.

PS. I am sorry, I don't mean to derail your thread!
edit on 13-6-2012 by ReMeDee1982 because: (no reason given)

What's a Native American tracker? I really have no idea. Like, psychics?

No, you didn't derail it at all. I have wondered about the function of hair too, and why it exists in places, and why when we get older, we lose some in some places then get more in others. Is it to increase the energy field in those places? Think, we get more in the ears, and we become harder of hearing (most people). So, maybe more hair there (for men, at least), would help? But then, it would seem people with more hair on their head might be more psychic. Are they? I don't know. I am not even sure I believe in that. The mystical part of me does, but there is another side that says I've never witnessed it, so who knows for sure. That is why I explore these areas myself, to find out if it's possible to develop my own conclusions so I won't have to rely on outside information.

Maybe the third eye is a link to another dimension, and it becomes activated when we die, when our minds flood with '___', and then we are instantly reborn into another world? Maybe people who develop their third eye are trying to develop something that normally only happens at death.

Pretty exciting to think about, I find.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

No offense, but I am having a very hard find understanding you.

I'm really trying, but...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

A Native American tracker, is just basically a hunter. He will chase down game that maybe a great distance away using all of his senses. He might follow fresh footprints, or see a newly broken tree branch in the forest, or hear the cries of the animal (or human during wartime) or touch an old campsite fire to see if it's still warm. He may taste leftover food to see if it's still fresh and determine how long ago someone was there eating. They may smell the air when downwind in case he can smell the prey. Just using all of the senses to track whatever they maybe hunting.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I don't know if you ever heard of the native americans drafted by the army because of their developed intuition? They were the best trackers and had heightened sences when it came to finding living things. Now, when they were drafted they were obligated to cut their hair short. Well, once out in the field with their short hair, they couldn't sence their surroundings anymore. Maybe those stories about Samson were real after all....well...up to a point.
Many animals use their hair to feel the enviroment. Why coulnd't we?
edit on 13-6-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Interesting idea.

I've heard of people also putting their hands in animal dung to see how far away the animal might be. Pretty gross stuff, but if you're hungry, it'd be a good way to determine if you're close or not.

Anyway, thanks for the responses and feedback.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
from what i understand, we have both a classical brain-mind and a quantum holographic mind that isn't localized, and this non-local, quantum holographic mind shares information with something called the Zero Poin Field or the Akashic Field, which is a type of radiant light informing and being informed by, the whole universe. In this sense, at some level we are transmitters and recievers in a great "soup" of information and thought. This would imply that open-mindedness and willingness is the fount of creativity and authentic human experience.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I want to say that our brains are sort of like radios when you are on something like acid and you listen to a frequency the reality around you changes. One time I was in the washroom taking a leak and all of a sudden my brain just picks up a frequency of this zeta grey alien and I had a full blown telepathic conversation with him, nothing I can really explain on how I enabled that situation to happen I'd like to block them if its possible, its like getting into my head without my permission.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Maybe you could provide links with where you heard of these ideas?

I could google, but I'd rather see exactly what you saw.

top topics

join