It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever made someone question their beliefs via religious debate?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Oh I'd love to explain that. However, the thing is that I still have no clue what you're talking about. "Message sender....message....message receiver", what is that? Please use the generally accepted terms to define the problem.
edit on 15-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

I wont link it I think its beyond your knowledge base, time wasting for me.

Just post the link already. You've made a (false) assertion, you claim you have the evidence to back it up, by all means post it up for all to see.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Oh I'd love to explain that. However, the thing is that I still have no clue what you're talking about. "Message sender....message....message receiver", what is that? Please use the generally accepted terms to define the problem.

I wont link it I think its beyond your knowledge base, time wasting for me.

Oh please, you didn't even notice the ridiculous mistake of calling nucleosides amino acids in your propaganda link. Hell, I bet you don't even comprehend the difference. Your inability to back up your ridiculous claims just goes to show that you're arguing from your ass. Anyway, what a great debate strategy you've got there. Making claims and refusing to back them up on the grounds that you find the opponent stupid (although vice versa is quite apparent). How old are you? Twelve? Next.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"I wont link it I think its beyond your knowledge base, time wasting for me."

translation. "It is from a creationist website that has nothing whatsoever to do with science, and easily debunked by anyone with common sense"

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

www.cosmicfingerprints.com...

Make sure you're ready for instant audio when you click on the link. A guy will immediately try to prove to you that a god exists.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident

Make sure you're ready for instant audio when you click on the link. A guy will immediately try to prove to you that a god exists.

I made sure it was dumbed down for you's

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by knightwhosaysnih

If you really look into it the KJV and all the ancient text line up quit well with only some mis spelling of names.

If you really look into the ancient text of the Greek and Hebrew there is not any error of it over the centuries.

The many translation today of the ancient text do not line up with the translation of the KJV and the Greek and Hebrew.
They are a translation of a translation to help if you will people understand the english language. To me these other translations are a perversion of the original meaning.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
First we must define what the word evolution means in the context of origins.

There are six stages of evolution in the belief system of the evolutionist. ( Belief and Faith are interchangeable requiring the same energy to fulfill. )

Cosmic evolution: the origin of time, space, and matter from nothing in the “big bang”
If you do not believe this is there or your belief look it up, but just as I believe a super natural creator did it all you must believe that a nothing did it all and since no one was there we both are believing on faith so origins is a religion.

Has nothing to do with evolution, and is not addressed by the theory.

Chemical evolution: all elements “evolved” from hydrogen
Just as origins with nothing as the hero hydrogen some how creates all the know elements, and let it be said they have never done it in a lab past iron. So once again belief in something that can not be proved.
And elements decaying into something else is the opposite of evolution.

Stellar evolution: stars and planets formed from gas clouds
In all the recorded history of star gazing new stars have never been documented only the lose.

Organic evolution: life begins from inanimate matter
Trillions of dollars have been spent only to discover life comes from life.

Has nothing to do with evolution, and is not addressed by the theory. However, here I might add that remarkable advances have been made during the last few years, including spontaneous synthesis of most or all RNA bases, as well as spontaneous generation of self-replicating autocatalytic RNA molecules, which are widely believed to be the first forms of life on this planet according to the RNA world hypothesis. In other words, life already came from a test-tube in a human devised experiment. It's also safe to say that trillions of dollars were not spent for this research.

Macro-evolution: animals and plants change from one type into another
No one has ever seen one type of animal give birth to another. Dogs always birth dogs.
And dead bones do not prove evolution;

And only creationists think that the theory of evolution postulates that one 'type of animal' gives birth to another 'type of animal', which of course it does not. For the actual mechanisms of speciation, look here. For evidence of common descent look here.

Micro-evolution: variations form within the “kind”
This one both the creationist and evolutionist agree upon
You can breed dogs big to small but never out side there range.
This is the one that evolutionist use to prove all the rest as true.

What you call macro is just a lot of accumulated micro. This is an artificial divide.

There for evolution is a junk science.

I believe the correct conclusion is that you're arguing from blissful ignorance. It's probably not your fault. I bet you were taught this ill version of evolution in some Sunday school. I don't lack faith in believing that fundamentalists deceive their young by all the possible means they can think of. Your brainwashing probably began when you were but a young child and likely lasted many years, thus of course it's nearly impossible for you to see the contradicting evidence even when it hits you in your face. It goes against some of your most core believes, or what makes "you". All I can say is that for a minute you should try to drop predisposition and then go through the contradicting evidence even though you "know" that it's wrong.
edit on 14-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

You are not educated in your own religion as if you evolved then from what and what and what and what and what until you get to the chemical, then what and what and what till you get to the stellar, then what and what and what until you get to the big bang.

As for your evidence it is not valid as no one has measured tested or seen any thing different birth from something else.

Corn will always be corn.

And when man forces it to become something else it is not evolution but intelligent manipulation, not a process of random happenstance or natural selection.

You are in my opinion quit wrong in your belief that the theory of evolution does not address the other questions as it does indirectly and is in all public indoctrination text book on Biology. I own several.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Adblock plus and noscript plugins for the win!

So here we have a network administrator talking about DNA as if he is qualified. Networking is NOT biology, sorry.

We can explore five possible conclusions:

1) Humans designed DNA

2) Aliens designed DNA

3) DNA occurred randomly and spontaneously

4) There must be some undiscovered law of physics that creates information

5) DNA was Designed by a Superintelligence, i.e. God.

Instant fail. So the only way that DNA could be natural is by it randomly and spontaneously forming??? Huh?

Information theory is not biology. Unless you can prove that DNA is digital and programmed, you have no argument that information theory applies to it. That argument is getting so tiresome. Keep grasping at those straws, though.

We have proof that life on planet earth was designed by a mind – and that if life did evolve, the capacity to evolve had to be designed in. The word “Evolution” in the English language always refers to an intelligent process (in business, society, technology etc.) and the only usage in which it allegedly doesn’t is naturalistic Darwinian evolution. But communication theory shows us that Evolution by Random Process is a hypothesis without proof.

So since, evolution can mean more than one thing, it clearly means intelligence is involved. What a terrible illogical argument. Biological evolution has nothing to do with that. Ever notice how creationists always capitalize random words in the middle of a sentence? That is pretty much the definition of preaching and shows their intelligence right there.

Where did this website address the scientific evidence behind evolution? I didn't see it. Did they intentionally hide that part?
edit on 16-6-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I made sure it was dumbed down for you's

Sorry but I'm not going to bother listening a supposed engineer talk about biology. Do you go to the barber to hear about your health?

Is your problem how the ribosome with the help of tRNAs and their anticodons facilitates the translation of codons of mRNAs transcribed from ORFs from DNA into proteins, and how the system evolved gradually over time, as is apparent if you look at the distribution of synonymous codons and amino acid blocks in the 'standard genetic code' translation table as well as multiple sequence alignments of tRNAs and aaRSs? Let's use the proper terms here so there's no room for confusion. By your own account and cocky attitude, you should be familiar with this stuff, i.e. surely you're not so naive that you're just taking some engineer's word for it because it's in line with what you heard at Sunday school?
edit on 16-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
You are in my opinion quit wrong in your belief that the theory of evolution does not address the other questions as it does indirectly and is in all public indoctrination text book on Biology. I own several.

Finally something we can verify. Could you name these books? I have to say that if they imply that the theory of evolution has anything to do with abiogenesis, the birth of planets, or the Universe, then they're seriously bad textbooks.
edit on 16-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HoppedUp

That guy Satan...he's one busy dude. In between his epic bioengineering feats to trick us hapless humans, he's also behind every bad thing that happens on Earth and aliens...forgot about those. Yeah, he's behind UFO's and aliens too. Dang, one hell of a gig.

Yes, he certainly must be awfully busy all of the time, not to mention how busy his Demonic Army is all the time. A few days ago I was arguing with a Christian woman who told me all Ghostly Spirits are really demons, posing as the Ghosts of dead relatives, to fool everyone into believing in an Afterlife. I asked he about the Ghosts of Gettysburg. Why, I asked, would a demon spend all day posing as a wounded soldier of a war that happened over 100 years ago? Why would demons post as doctors operating on wounded soldiers again and again? That really shut her up and made her think, and in the end, she agreed with me that perhaps she was wrong. A rare event for a Christian to admit they were wrong.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

She was very proud of that one, it was her daughter and son in-law, they were missionairies in Africa.

Gee, I sure hope they are not like these missionaries in Africa....
African Children Denounced As "Witches" By Christian Pastors
Churches denounce African children as “witches”
We have these kids in Summer that set up a table at our Kroger store to take donations for their "missionaries" to Africa. They actually think every cent goes to help children there, not even knowing that warlords steal most everything, and rape and murder children all of the time there.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
A rare event for a Christian to admit they were wrong.

It is a rare event for anyone to admit they are wrong, regardless of idealogy. I think being human predisposes one to this, rather than chosen beliefs. It can be used to support beliefs, but the beliefs do not necessarily support it. Like squares and rectangles

Anyway, as this topic has gone towards satan, one of the most intriguing books I have read on the topic is by Stephen Batchelor called "Living with the Devil: A Meditation on Good and Evil." It presents many different viewpoints, but one of the ones that stuck with me was that satan was a human creation, however, that made the concept significantly more dangerous and real. I found it to be pretty interesting as well as it becoming one of my favorite reads, and have never been able to get anyone else that has read it, or that will read it. C'est la vie

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

A mother can be proud of her daughter's photo without agreeing with her ideology. I don't see the irony of this situation.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Hang a Pentagram on your door. That will keep them away.

Otherwise, wear a pistol and nothing else when you answer the door.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julio
This goes both ways;

In an evolution vs creation debate, have you managed to open the other person's mind?
Or have you ever converted (hate that word) someone?

Why would you care to open another's mind? Let them stay focused on learning what ever it is that they are learning. If they are an atheist biologist, let them be! They may be intended to find the next cure of a major disease, which would not be found if they were pouring over old scriptures.

If they are religious, let them be! They may be able to provide the comfort and consolation a dying person needs in their last moments of life.

Leave people's minds alone!

Now the heart, that is different. That is what I try to open. For only by opening our hearts to one another can we share the magnificent burdens of life and death and come to terms with the true splendor of what it means to be a creature as diverse as this evolved creation known as Man.
edit on 17-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

This is actually a picture of a PENTACLE. And despite some peoples concepts that it is Satanic in nature....it is not. It is associated with Tarot as well as being an ancient symbol of Luck as well as change for the better.
Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I got a Muslim to start drinking Guinness...does that count?

I also got a jew to eat bacon.

They both liked it

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

congrats!!!!

once i tried to get a pig to eat a jew,..... wouldnt do it,,,, said it wasnt kosher .,,..,. said it wasnt sloppy enough..

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join