It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man in critical condition likely has bubonic plague

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

POSTED: 2:06 pm PDT June 11, 2012
UPDATED: 5:38 pm PDT June 12, 2012

PRINEVILLE, Ore. -- Crook County health officials said Monday they are investigating a probable case of human plague involving a man in his 50s who is being treated at a local hospital.

Contacts with the individual have been notified and are receiving preventive antibiotics, officials said. The man reported contact with a sick cat in his neighborhood, they added.

Crook County officials did not identify the man, citing patient confidentiality regulations, but a family member contacted NewsChannel 21, which then learned the Prineville-area man remained in critical condition Tuesday at St. Charles Medical Center-Bend. A family member told us he's been only given 30 percent survival odds at present.
www.ktvz.com...

I'm not sure at this point..

what to say..

edit on 12-6-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I'm not sure at this point..

what to say..

Get me some leeches?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You'd be surprised how often it occurs. There are an average of 15-20 cases in the United States per year, and 1,000-3,000 worldwide every year.

Since then, human plague in the United States has occurred as mostly scattered cases in rural areas (an average of 10 to 15 persons each year). Globally, the World Health Organization reports 1,000 to 3,000 cases of plague every year. In North America, plague is found in certain animals and their fleas from the Pacific Coast to the Great Plains, and from southwestern Canada to Mexico. Most human cases in the United States occur in two regions: 1) northern New Mexico, northern Arizona, and southern Colorado; and 2) California, southern Oregon, and far western Nevada. Plague also exists in Africa, Asia, and South America (see map).

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Lets hope this isnt going to spread, there have been other cases of the plague in recent times though. So, lets hope for the best!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Plague is not as rare as one might think!
Thankfully it is fairly treatable if caught early.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i thought their was a cure for it ? , or did it just die out ?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

There are treatments for it, that are more effective if it's caught early. If they suspect that you have it, they immediately start you on antibiotics, then run tests. There's no cure per se. The Black Death simply died out, because the population dropped so low.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There is a cure but, there is not a lot of it. Really hope in never decides to go rampaging again. Would not be a pretty sight.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Azdraik

Everything that I've read about it says that anitbiotics are the only treatment for it, there isn't a cure. But the antibiotics in use are pretty effective against it, especially if caught early. That's why they start you on them even before confirming you have it if they think you do.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I apologize. Yes, they use antibiotics which, if your caught early enough, will lead to the death of the disease. I used the word cure loosely as to me, if you are no longer sick with zero chance of regression, you are cured.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Probably caught it from ground squirrels, a bit of tetracyclene or sterptomycine and he'll be just fine.
Not hearing the scarey music.
edit on 12-6-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

We have some-kind of Flesh Eating Bacteria hitting Georgia and South Carolina.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
no one thinks about the plague in a SHTF possibility.

or what about strategically placed plague?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

especially if caught early.

this is all articles are stating..

not .. specifically .. within 3days, 1 week ect.. all I'm seeing is .."if caught early" don't they have a responsibility to TELL us exactly how early is 'early' ???

This isn't necessarily directed at you.. but in general ..

appreciate the input

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by Komodo

We have some-kind of Flesh Eating Bacteria hitting Georgia and South Carolina.

noted.. and have been seeing that as of late.. just googled
"Flesh Eating Bacteria hitting Georgia and South Carolina"

brings up like 100000 hits..

sorry to hear this.. plz stay safe~!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

You could say I have had that discussion with people. How effective would it be? I think it would have a high rate of success.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
no one thinks about the plague in a SHTF possibility.

or what about strategically placed plague?

I have thought about it when i stumbled upon the rat infestation in FL ..

and that's even more concerning...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Azdraik

Antibiotics will cure you, but I think of a "cure" as something that targets that specific organism, where antibiotics just boost your immune system.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

It doesn't show up as something you can point to from the start as plague. The symptoms start within 2-10 days, but they start as fever, chills, etc. It appears as a normal flu like virus or even a cold.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
So is all the ChemTrailing meant to overwork our systems. to constantly make our systems fight off the crap going into our lungs, to like wear us out for an onslaught of whatever they decide to throw at us so we can't naturally fight it (them) off ? Plagues, Flesh-Eating Diseases, or whatever? Just thinkin' is all ...... Syx.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join