It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Need to Know "Spy Camera"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Google used to be a good idea where people could look up things that they needed to know. Now the reverse has happened, they want to look up everything they feel they need to know about us. Hitler would've probably loved this era and a company like Google.
Wait until they can make them even more microscopic, if they haven't all ready done so and using this as just a sample so no worries as to further invasion of privacy.
How much more information does Google and advertisers who knows who else feel that they need to know about our lives?

Vanessa Allen and David Gardener

After Google's spy cars and planes, company unleashes backpack camera as latest device in its bid to map entire world.Now thanks to its latest weapon, the internet giant will be able to chart everywhere from the depths of the jungle to the narrowest city alley.
The device, a more portable version of its controversial Street View cameras, is able to go ‘offroad’, potentially photographing and mapping everywhere from the base of the Grand Canyon to the top of Everest.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... rld.html#ixzz1xdkVsC1h

edit on 12-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

edit on 12-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I don't see it as a bad thing. I think they're surveying the earth, not surveilling us.

Don't you think it's good to have a map of the world?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

If it were any other time and maybe perhaps even another company doing it I mean one you could trust in doing just what they say they were doing, I wouldn't be so concerned. Google is a company who feel it needs to know everything about everything just because people enjoy using their search engine. I don't like nosiness in companies.
edit on 12-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I think you're worrying a little too much because they aren't, to my knowledge, using personal information against us.

If however, laws are passed that allow google on to our private properties "to map", and said "maps" were used against us, then maybe I'd worry with you.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

To have the resources to do this stuff, I'd expect the company to be pretty large. I'd imagine they'd need to be about as big as... Oh I don't know... Google?

Any company big enough to be so ambitious as to map every inch of earth is likely to draw negative attention. Look at it like this, would you rather it be google or an actual government.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

Of course, I'd rather it be Google, but whose to say they're not scratching the itch of the government.

Sorry, I guess I'm too cynical, and suspicious, these days,
especially with so much advancement in technology, and how easy it is to corrupt some people, into misusing technology. On the the other hand when used properly technologies advancement is a great thing.

edit on 13-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

If the government can use the outdated pictures google provides, then I'd be surprised. I know google's vehicles are out and about. I've seen them. But, they're taking pictures which remain static for long periods of time. That kind of intel wouldn't really be helpful in tracking or keeping up with anyone. You might see where they were at the time, but that really doesn't help much a few minutes later.

When they begin providing live feeds, then we may have a problem. But then again, you can already find live feeds of places now! Just look at the GeoCam website.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Google is an amazing and innovative company. +1 for them. Nothing for you. Unless Uncle Sam wants a picture from Google from months ago showing someone elses car in my driveway your paranoi is getting the best of you.
edit on 14-6-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join