It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About 13,000 Sacramento County Democrats shun Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
article from The Sacramento Bee
Published: Tuesday, Jun. 12, 2012 - 9:46 am
Last Modified: Tuesday, Jun. 12, 2012 - 10:14 am

About 13,000 Sacramento County Democrats shun Obama

It looks like a possible "protest" vote.

Obama was the only "published" candidate on the Democratic ballot, but it looks like 8000 or so were "intentionally" left blank !!

And, around 5000 had "write ins" !!

Supposedly, 85000 people voted. The article has a map.

President Barack Obama was the only choice on the ballot for the 85,000 Sacramento County Democrats and 5,000 decline-to-state voters who took Democratic ballots during last Tuesday's primary. But about 8,000 of those voters left their presidential ballots blank, and another 5,300 scribbled in a write-in candidate.

The Democrats who shunned Obama were largely concentrated in conservative parts of the county, particularly Orangevale, Citrus Heights and the rural outskirts.

Democrats were about three times more likely to not pick a candidate or write someone in than Republicans in Tuesday's election, though the Republican ballot featured several alternatives to Mitt Romney.

We saw some similar "no" votes in other state primary elections too.

President Obama is just lucky there wasn’t an ex-cons on the ballot to compete with him this time !!

Is Obama Losing voters ?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hate to tell you, but not filling in the bubble is not a 'no' vote. It just means they didnt fill it in. No doubt many of them did so as an expression of their dislike for Obama, but to characterize it as a big 'loss' of votes for him might be a bit much. Also worth noting that 5,000 of those werent Dems, but people who chose not to state their party affiliation. Losing some Dem voters in a state and county he will surely win? Not a big deal. Now, losing that many in a swing state, like NC, or Michagin, might cost him. But that will likely be very different demographics than rural sacramento county.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
He won't be getting my vote that's for sure.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I would write in my neighbor's dog before voting for him.....

Des

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Look at how dems voted in Kentucky. I think it was like 40+ percent of them checked, the only option other than Obama, which was "Uncommitted."
edit on 12-6-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Look at how dems voted in Kentucky. I think it was like 40+ percent of them checked, the only option other than Obama, which was "Uncommitted."

Although he lost Kentucky in 2008 anyway.

Kentucky is a fossil fuel state hit hard with job losses in the past 4 years. Not a surpirse for him to lose those votes, nor will it mean anything in november.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Although he lost Kentucky in 2008 anyway.

Kentucky is a fossil fuel state hit hard with job losses in the past 4 years. Not a surpirse for him to lose those votes, nor will it mean anything in november.

Ahhhh but, Kentucky is not the only state reeling from job losses this time around. Don't you think other states are starting to realize he didn't follow through on all those shining promises....just sayin'....

Des

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Ahhhh but, Kentucky is not the only state reeling from job losses this time around. Don't you think other states are starting to realize he didn't follow through on all those shining promises....just sayin'....

Des

Oh, they probably are. I'm not arguing FOR Obama. I'm merely pointing out you are reading the data incorrectly. For one, there is no reason to believe that these were voters who voted for Obama in 08. Not everyone who is registered Dem voted for him then, why should '12 be any different? Plus as I've pointed out already, one of this is data from states where the vote is even close. So if you are reading this as a sign the Dems are disenchanted with Obama, your mistaken.

Are dems who voted for him on 08 unhappy wit Obama? Sure. Theres plenty of evidence of that. This just isnt it.
This is just a headline with not much beneath.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

You missed the point I was making.
We aren't talking about general elections. I am talking about how the dems in kentucky voted for him.
He was pretty well embraced by all Dems after Hillary dropped out (I think she led in KY). It was a surprise to see such a large percent showing they would prefer someone else knowing they had no other option.

Dems everywhere are wishing they had an alternative choice.
edit on 13-6-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

reply to post by stanguilles7

You missed the point I was making.
We aren't talking about general elections. I am talking about how the dems in kentucky voted for him.
He was pretty well embraced by all Dems after Hillary dropped out (I think she led in KY). It was a surprise to see such a large percent showing they would prefer someone else knowing they had no other option.

Why is it a 'surprise'? Hillary won the Kentucky Primary in 08 with 65% of the vote!!

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 13-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join