learn more

Israel rounds up African migrants for deportation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

This is definitely an inflammatory story and sadly many will view it filtered through their own bias and in some cases genuine bigotry.

Israel is a tiny country of only about 8,500 square miles. To put that in context, it's a little smaller than New Hampshire, one of the smallest US States.

Israel has a population of about 7,869,900 (2012 estimate) compared to New Hampshire's population of 1,318,194 (2011 estimate) so it is a pretty crowded place. That equals a population density of 982 per square mile, beating out India's density of 953 per square mile.

The impact of that would be overwhelming in a country as small as Israel where they already have a population density problem. At that density simply feeding, housing and providing for the legal occupants of Israel is most certainly difficult. With an invasion of illegal migrants of this magnitude no doubt they are backed into a corner.

Then on top of that, you have the issue of the cover it provides for illegal migrants not looking for work, but to act against Israel from inside. The Sudanese group would include mostly Muslims and among them would be Radical Islamist with bad intent.

Is it unreasonable of Israel to eject these uninvited, illegal guests? No more unreasonable than if a group of strangers invaded your home and you made them leave.

The rest is all a combination of expressed bigotry, general hatred and bias against Israel and the Jews in general.

Great explanation. It makes sense and seems logical. Sadly, Israel did not explain this situation as well as you have.

Israel said on Monday it had started rounding up African migrants in the first stage of a controversial "emergency plan" to intern and deport thousands deemed a threat to the Jewish character of the state.

Statements like that will provoke the type of responses I've seen in this thread. Also, it seems that they make these types of statements often. A threat to the Jewish character of the state? To me, that speaks to the xenophobia of the situation. I think that is the real issue.

I find it amazing that those who question the xenophobic nature of Israel are labeled unfairly. It needs to be discussed in the open without the vitriol.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I wanted to avoid this thread because I was pretty sure it would get deleted (404'ed to the newbies) well since this thread has survived this far, I guess I will add my 2 cents this is beyond madness where is the un? where is Obama ? where is the alien intervention? this planet truly disgusts me, the lack of humanity the level of corruption the greed and yes the agenda of a group mentioned in the title of this thread the agenda world domination via control and ownership of governments of media news entertainment precious stones etc.... I sooo want to say more but I think it best I refrain but I will end my rant with this

how ironic they are being denied the land promised to them. Those who were persecuted, now persecute how pathetic no official response from China or Russia we already know Americas response

please tell me who still believes this is not a prison planet?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Africa for the Africans. Asia for the Asians. Israel for the Jewish people. Mexico for the Mexicans.

White countries for EVERYONE!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

the difference with Israel is, this incident is completely hypocritical of the suffering that they went through and where they are now today. Israel is pretty much a giant refugee camp for the Jews so they could avoid being persecuted in other countries.

So the issue then, is that Israelis/Jews should endanger their future in consideration of their past?

As blaine already pointed out, Israel is a very small country. Already, they are dealing with demographic issues that jeopardize the Jewish majority of their country; so all this should be ignored, the future disregarded and a myopic concern for the present plight of the Sudanese the only thing taken into regard?

ummm...... You - if you are sane - would not act any differently then they. It's a basic common sense decision: Sudanese, I'm sorry, there are far too many of you, this country is already up to it's neck in domestic and foreign problems, we do not need another.

I still await a response for why these Sudanese skipped Egypt to enter Israel, which must be seen as a promised land of sorts if they're willing to make that far a voyage across such harsh terrain....Another, more plausible explanation, is to ESCAPE MUSLIM LANDS; these black Sudanese are mostly animists, christians and a few are darker skinned muslims, being persecuted by the lighter skinned Muslims of the north, so really, the only country which promises them a humane resolution to their situation is Israel.

Deporting them back is sad, but you can't blame Israel for doing it. Much larger democracies, if they care at all - such as those in Europe, America etc - can ease their burden and arrange to bring them out.....but why do that when you can demonize Israel for not accepting them??? That seems to be the popular thing to do.... And not surprisingly, despite it's unfairness, it is done repeatedly.
edit on 13-6-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

you think that jews would look like nazis if they rounded up people of certain ethnicities and got rid of them. who do you think had the idea of putting jews in concentration camps. It was other jews this is something akin to them. The very people that funded WWII (jews) rounded up and killed (non jews that thought they were). just sayin. I kinda expect this out of israel.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Look at all of you pathetic bigots that search for an Israeli related article in order to whine. If it was legitimate at any time in the past, nowdays it's simply becoming absurd.

Israel kicks out the illegal immigrants, something any country in the world would've done and is doing. The war refugees stay. It's really that simple.
Funny how the ones that now use the Holocaust rhetoric are usually the ones who blame the Israeli people for playing the Holocaust card. The hypocrisy is unimaginable, and also quite amusing.

The only reason you guys are complaining is because the story is about Israel. Well, bad luck for you guys - as much as you'd want to see Israel's downfall, it will not happen. Israel will not turn into a Muslim immigration center like Sweden and other European countries, and you all know how that turned out for the hosts eventually.

The actions of the stupid Israeli people that burned the shops and ganged up on random Africans in the streets are pathetic and illegal. These people were caught and were punished. Random hatred and Nazi behavior is not something the Israeli government approves as much as you'd like to think otherwise.
To put some things on perspective, the anti-African violence erupted in a neighborhood that at the same time there was almost a daily rape by a Sudanese immigrant, so the population was already pissed off. Not that it's any justification for the idiotic things they've done, but still.

Last thing to add - both the illegal immigrants and the legitimate war refugees that try setting foot in the neighboring Egypt - are being shot dead. The fact that nobody out of you bleeding hearts seem to whine about it points out to your obvious bias against Israel and whatever it may do. Personally I believe that if it was reported about how Israel welcomes the Sudanese immigrants as citizens you'd all be whining about how Racist Israel is for prioritizing Sudanese above Arabs.

Originally posted by Rosha

That's all sugar and spice when your country can afford housing all of them, has actual space to do so, and the most important thing - the immigrants will of actually integrating with society and obey the law.
Your analogy with your own country (which is...?) is flawed. The Sudanese that migrate to Israel don't care about any law this country has, they are only looking to get away from the hellhole called Sudan which turned into a hellhole because of their own vile extremist Islamic ideology. They don't even want to integrate well with society.
You can't just force other countries to pick up illegal immigrants, just like you can't tell Egypt anything about them shooting them on their borders - they consider it a breach of their borders and therefore it's legitimate.
edit on 13-6-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join