It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel rounds up African migrants for deportation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

I think they tried that already but that didn't work.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

9 civilians were killed by IDF on the Mavi Marmara in contrast to 0 on the Australian ship OK? Big difference. And the Marmara was an aid-ship bringing supplies to a the concentration camp set up by Israel, Gaza.
But I'm sure your Zionist sources will do anything to paint international activists as suicide bombers

Suicide bombers? No. They were blockade runners, also known as smugglers. If their purpose was "bringing supplies" as you claim, there were already channels set of for that, which they ignored. That by itself is reason to suspect there was more than just "supplies" on a smuggler ship.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
While I am definitely no fan of Israel, each and every nation on the planet has the right to deport immigrants for whatever reasons they deem fit.

Using the race card is just another example of leftists trying to shame people into accepting something that is detrimental to their society.

The U.S. should take notes and follow the lead of Israel in this instance and round up and deport each and every illegal alien within its borders. The fact the overwhelming majority of illegals are hispanic in the U.S. is irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
They have the right to deport whoever they want.

It used to be that way in the USA years ago too.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by seenavv

My error was unintentional and I corrected it. That does not change the truth that any country has the right to eject people who illegally enter their country and in Israels case, being so tiny and crowded it's almost mandatory they do so.

Perhaps you could discuss why they should let anyone who wishes set up housekeeping in Israel? That would seem to be what you are saying?

Let's set aside my error while trying to post a response while at work on a busy day.

Do you think that anyone from anywhere on earth should be allowed to enter any country and stay, anytime they wish? Or are you just saying Israel should? Since Israel has no connection to the origins of these Illegals?

You see if it's just because it's Israel, it's completely different than if your supporting open borders worldwide.

ok, benefit of the doubt

the difference with Israel is, this incident is completely hypocritical of the suffering that they went through and where they are now today. Israel is pretty much a giant refugee camp for the Jews so they could avoid being persecuted in other countries. And for people who were residing in the region already, they were shoved aside, forgotten, and still being persecuted to this day

A top United Nations envoy today reiterated that all settlement construction in the occupied Palestinian territory represents a breach of international law, after the Israeli Government announced it will build 300 new units in the Beit El settlement.
“All settlement construction – whether on private Palestinian land or elsewhere in occupied Palestinian territory – is contrary to international law,” said a statement issued by the office of the UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, Robert Serry.

www.un.org...

so for a country that was founded on the principle of hospitality for the refugee, this is an utter disgrace and alludes to the same persecution they went through just some decades ago

Rising tensions over the growing number of illegal immigrants in Israel exploded into violence last month when a protest in south Tel Aviv turned nasty, with demonstrators smashing African-run shops and property, chanting "Blacks out!"
www.google.com...

...Crystal night persecution of the Jews sound similar?

The attacks left the streets covered with broken glass from the windows of Jewish-owned stores, buildings, and synagogues.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd

The U.S. should take notes and follow the lead of Israel in this instance and round up and deport each and every illegal alien within its borders. The fact the overwhelming majority of illegals are hispanic in the U.S. is irrelevant.

Given most of the US belonged to the Mexican and Native American peoples and what is the US today is a result of mass population immigration *cough..infiltration, that's a bit rich...don't you think?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
What's wrong with nipping things in the bud and being proactive?

They are only protecting themselves by deporting the people they feel threatened by.
It's not like they are lining them up for execution.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

Nothing friend- I joined this site simply because of this thread, can we not all be honest? Is it wrong to want to live among people who share your values? The world has gone mad- No more forced DIE-versity!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Israel by definition is not state for refugees. It was not created for this purpose. It was created as Jewish national home. Does not mean that other nationalities cannot live there (there 20 % non-Jews) or become Israeli citizens, but it certainly was not created with the idea of accepting all refugees. It is not noble? Yup. It is irrelevant ,though.
All developed countries do not welcome refugees. Look atUS, look at Spain,look at Italy ,look at France et ctr. You prefer to concentrate on Israel - it is your right though.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

How does one become a citizen of Israel? Can I as a non Jew become a citizen? Doubtful. Hell, even if a Palestinian marries an Israeli, they still aren't granted citizenship. And they complain how Iran is a theocracy. It goes further with Israel since they determine if you are Jewish from your lineage and DNA.

Iran is a theocracy. Israel is not. This is a fact.
Israel determining if you a Jew by DNA is your invention.
You can become an Israeli citizen by naturalisiation. Here is one example i know of, there are lots more.
en.wikipedia.org...
Under current minister of interior it is harder, i grant you that. But still possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Isn't this site supposed to abhor ignorance? Then why do ppl keep claiming that importing Africans somehow benefits us?? WTF! Be logical guys

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFromTheHerd
While I am definitely no fan of Israel, each and every nation on the planet has the right to deport immigrants for whatever reasons they deem fit.

Using the race card is just another example of leftists trying to shame people into accepting something that is detrimental to their society.

I would just like to point out that the "illegal immigrants" in the US were the original inhabitants. The so-called Mexicans were run from their land in what is now SW United States. Why must personal attacks like "leftist" be brought into this?

How are African migrants detrimental to "Israeli" society?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
Whatever Israel does, it will always be condemned by the Dhimmi PaLIEstine crowd.

I'm really getting this strong smell of hyprocrisy again, it always happens when I look at an Anti Israel board, tell me something, why aren't any of you waxing lyrical about the way the US deports illegal immigrants, or what about Australia? Australia sends its immigrants back on the boats they arrived on, without medical care, surely this is worse than what Israel is doing?

Nah, you just hate Jews is all.

You might have a point if this story wasn't coming to me on some conspiracy blog -- and not one of the 7 major networks that all happen to be run by Jewish men.

Deporting illegals on a case by case basis goes on everywhere -- but I think people are shocked by the scale here. Well the would be if the news were even covering it.

I'm going to go back to my Palestinian handler now for more talking points [sarcasm]

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

We would not even be discussing this if TPTB had not forced " DIE-versity" among us all...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

What scale - dozens?
By the way - reuters and cnn are ,ajor media ,don't you think?
edition.cnn.com...
edit on 13-6-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

What scale - dozens?

ALL OF THEM

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeHonest1

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

What scale - dozens?

ALL OF THEM

All deported? I think that you are worng there. One source says that dozens were detained, other says - 240 detained. Nobody says that +-60000 were deported or even detained.Frankly i see no practical way of doing it.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Citybig
You do not talk about the Australian policy, or the US policy, or even the British policy which is to build more holding camps and make them more like actual prisons, the simple fact is, you don't like it because Israel is doing it and you don't like Israel one single bit.

Sad really, that you pro Pali lot would live such hateful lifes. If only you could see the love that Israelis have for eachother and the love they have for their god given land, it might encourage you to turn away from Hamas/Islamic Terror and aggression fuelled hatred.

I come from one of the most culturally diverse countries on earth. Right around the corner from me over 167 different nations are represented in one suburb alone. Every one, just as human as the others. We have a nifty little thing here called ' common law' which is a set of laws and rights that everyone is compelled by and adheres to regardless of status, race or religion.
Common law applies to everyone rich or poor newly arrived or born n bred..no racial targeting or profiling..no religious connotation save ' we are all human' and equally obliged. While not denying racial tensions exist and explode occasionally even here, we do know it is possible to coexist..it is because we are living proof of it.

As a nation we have faced the issue of immigrants and injustices time and time again. With each new wave of fleeing war victims come, we have new crimes, new so called "unfairness" to the existing population, first it was the Asian people, last year it was a huge influx of Arab people and yes..now the Sudanese people are arriving en mass...etc etc..on it goes..as it has since the 'bloody wog Greeks' or Ties ( Italians) all arrived en mass after ww2.... and with each wave of immigration we have the same outcries in certain pockets of society as Israel is having now." the sky is falling" types.....even some outright bursts of violence between groups and yet we as a society, have borne with, endured and overcome...we have until now at least..managed to out reason and out last our fear.

As time shows..when people are compelled y law and peers to claim personal responsibility for their own bigotry...most groups do integrate..and so long as we as a society of many, can hold together as one group of human people..rather than clinging to false perceptions of racial purity and social elitism..if we can as individuals, be compassionate and reason able, stand firm enough in our own standards and views where and when it counts to..things do get better.

The reality is, there are always other solutions to acts of racism....other choices...always...they just take time open minds and willingness.

Australia takes on board its fair share of Sudanese refugees, the US takes them, dozens of nations take in these people. Israel is not 'special' in their suffering or bearing of them. Here, arriving through process, they are housed, clothed, counseled if needed, fed for a time, given state funding to get on their feet, free ESL classes and welcomed into communities as equal human members....where racism affects that, the same is jumped on..and while crime is an issue we deal with every day, we treat criminals as criminals..no matter who they are or where they come from, and under one law for all. Most importantly..even politically we do our best to adhere to international humanitarian laws and refugee laws that govern how we MUST deal with new arrivals.

We have had our shames too..I'm not saying we haven't..but I think we have learned or are learning from them for the most part. Even arriving "illegally", refugees are given bed and food and asylum seeker status through due process and while our laws and processes are yes, certainly inadequate to the task atm, they are under constant review towards the better allocation of resources and protection of migrants and society, together.

As for the white Australia policy it is no longer in existence..and as a society we are now moving to community and family placements for asylum seekers, as opposed to mandatory detention of "illegals". We do have laws and polices regarding what makes an 'asylum seeker' legitimate yes..and deportations do happen, we also have prevention and deterrent methods that are working - methods like working in situ with other governments and NGO's etc...not just forcing boats back...and in the main, we are evolving in our responsibility to address our responsibility to the global refugee and asylum seeker issue not devolving.

We do have a few loud mouths..politicians or op ed local celebs that think they are God and so know all and can excite the 'race' card or the 'boat people' card..drum up that underlying bigot in some people...though most Australians themselves..within themselves.are a generous and compassionate people..when confronted with the reality of these families in need.and children with no arms. legs or inner scars so large..they cant help but be so. We, in the main, don't hold ourselves superior to any other human life form....we have learned the hard way through our own failing of the aboriginal people and involvement in foreign war zones, that we are as libel in someone else's eyes and so share in culpability...and responsibility. Why not you too?

I don't see Israel as 'special'...I do see them the same as any other nation...but that's the point..Israel does see itself as 'special' and doesn't wish to be one just 'one of us'...it doesn't want a share in the yolk to shoulder the burdens it in part has helped to create....and to that I can only say grow up..tough luck..we are all in it together like it or not....we are all ..human...share the load or sod off.

Rosha
edit on 13-6-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

You make a decent emotional argument on those grounds, but not on whether or not it's reasonable to eject illegals who secretly cross borders of any country. You set aside any hatred of Israel or the Jewish People and that is the what we are really talking about here.

Not ejecting them would be a voluntary act of charity. They should not be obligated to do so. That and not being there I have no idea what the negative impact truly is.

You did not really answer my question as to if you are only singling out Israel, or you think the entire world should open it's borders? Again two entirely different schools of thought and a valid question.

As to the benefit of the doubt, thank you and I think you will find I'm not prone to purposeful deception and I try to correct my errors whenever possible.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

Israel said on Monday it had started rounding up African migrants in the first stage of a controversial "emergency plan" to intern and deport thousands deemed a threat to the Jewish character of the state.

For some in Israel, built by immigrants and refugees, internment and deportation are bad solutions that may damage the international image of the country needlessly.

They say rounding up members of a different racial group and holding them in camps for deportation may invite allusions to the Nazi Holocaust, however unfair such comparisons may be, and betrays Jewish values.

Poor south Tel Aviv residents say affluent north Tel Aviv Jews can afford to be liberal, because the Africans are not in their back yard. An opinion poll last week showed 52 percent of Israelis agree that the Africans are "a cancer".

"They've come here to rape and steal," one Israeli woman shouted at a small but ugly anti-migrant demonstration earlier this month in south Tel Aviv. "We should burn them out, put poison in their food," said an elderly man.

interesting how they always play victim and follow in the footsteps of their perpetrators
imagine if something like this happened in the united states?

www.reuters.com...

Racism has a long history in Israel. But its used to be largely tolerated when it was against palestinians, because back in the day both parties were seen as being about level to each other. Also illegals are deported regularly. However if they became citizens and THEN are declared illegal, yes, that would be exactly like Nazi Germany, before they included genocide in the menue. Same motivation even.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

I would just like to point out that the "illegal immigrants" in the US were the original inhabitants. The so-called Mexicans were run from their land in what is now SW United States. Why must personal attacks like "leftist" be brought into this?

How are African migrants detrimental to "Israeli" society?

Negative. Mexicans were not the original inhabitants of the US. Not back then, and certainly not now. I happen to know a few Hispanics, and not a single one of them was alive in 1776.

I can't even think of any that were alive at the time of the Mexican War in the aftermath of which the US acquired the southwest through purchase.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join