It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hakuna Matata: Why worry is a sin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
When we bog ourselves down with worry about the world, we are actually separating ourselves from God. Keep this in mind as you sort through the fear-mongering on this website and in your daily lives.

Why is worrying a sin? It displays a lack of faith in the reality of God and in His ability to meet your needs, Rom. 14:23. Worry calls God a liar; it doubts His ability and it says “God is dead!”

Why should Christians not worry? – There are several good reasons!

a. God knows what you have faced, are facing and will face – Pro. 15:3; Job 23:10; Psa. 37:23.

b. God cares about what you face in life – Heb. 4:15; 1 Pet. 5:7.

c. God has promised to take care of you – Phil. 4:19; Heb. 13:5-6.

When the Roman soldiers were coming to arrest Jesus, and Peter responded with fear and aggression - what did the Lord say?

John 18:11
But Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword back into its sheath. Shall I not drink from the cup [of suffering] the Father has given me?"

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Is Batman a sin...? False idols and all that?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Nope, nothing wrong with conquering your fear. Loving God and neighbor is all it takes to set you free my friend, all else is secondary.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Too true DK.
Thanks for the timely reminder.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

Why is worrying a sin? It displays a lack of faith in the reality of God and in His ability to meet your needs, Rom. 14:23. Worry calls God a liar; it doubts His ability and it says “God is dead!”

The bible SPECIFIES a number of things as "sin". And worrying is not listed as one.

Suppose a God-fearing person is worried about his son/daughter getting into drugs. Is he calling God a liar? Is he doubting Gods ability? Is he saying "God is dead"?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It is a slight dilemma for me to "not worry about the world", as a human, but as a new Christian it does seem imperative that I not "hold onto the earth" as I am certain in my heart that we are in Revelation right now.

The absolute ramification of my paradigm shift has me correcting the need to nurture the earth as if it would continue as it has.

With my new awareness I am slowly opening my heart to the human element and slowly releasing myself from the garden even though the garden and mankind are so intertwined; especially now, moreso than ever, since we are the ones responsible for the most destructive parts of the loss of our garden here on earth. I almost instinctively want to lean towards the earth rather than mankind, but I am slowly opening my heart to man's next step and potential as a Being of Light.

I shouldn't worry about animals, diversity, or the continuation of Nature itself otherwise I am "attached" and "unavailable" to the Spirit of what is to come. I can cry about the loss, and cry about that which will be lost, but within my faith I know and believe in the "Divine Plan" that is before us. It will all be corrected in due time but for now everything must be removed for our benefit and the earth's; it would be nice if it were like a light switch, but it is not.

I used to believe in the Goddess/Mother Earth Paradigm, but there is no such thing, it is simply that which has been cast into/onto the earth from Heaven; those minions never came here for paradise that much is for certain.

I used to look about at how people can be placed in a model of safety and security (modern Society) and yet they still bring along their inability to care for the immediate things around them. They let trash build up around them, they abuse the ground, the air, and the water, and then they cry out as if someone or something should have prevented it in the first place. This world cannot survive with this sort of parasitic fundamental and it won't. So I pray and I refrain from worrying too much about it other than that which I can do in my immediate space.

I do worry that I Love this earth too much, and so I keep reminding myself to "remember" what once was, so when that time comes, I may be a co-participant in the regeneration process that is to come; but, first I have to wait for our removal by our Lord, then it can begin anew!

"Come out of her" it is said, and I believe that encompasses anything of our Goddess false paradigm, this means Nature as well as our Heritage and Culture as a Nation. I don't even consider myself American any longer, I am simply a Christian waiting to "go home".

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by DarkKnight21

The bible SPECIFIES a number of things as "sin". And worrying is not listed as one.

It does not say that directly, no, but I will provide plenty of passages that speak on this is if you know what to look for.

Psalm 55:22-23

22 Our Lord, we belong to you.
We tell you what worries us,
and you won’t let us fall.
23 But what about those people
who are cruel and brutal?
You will throw them down
into the deepest pit
long before their time.
I trust you, Lord!

Isaiah 8:11-13

This is what the Lord says to me with his strong hand upon me, warning me not to follow the way of this people:

12 “Do not call conspiracy
everything this people calls a conspiracy;
do not fear what they fear,
and do not dread it.
13 The Lord Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy,
he is the one you are to fear,
he is the one you are to dread.

Isaiah 8:20-22

Consult God’s instruction and the testimony of warning. If anyone does not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn. 21 Distressed and hungry, they will roam through the land; when they are famished, they will become enraged and, looking upward, will curse their king and their God. 22 Then they will look toward the earth and see only distress and darkness and fearful gloom, and they will be thrust into utter darkness.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Worry comes about from fear of the unknown and the limits of our own understanding. If God does not worry, why should we?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Yes you are right. He has asked us to come out of Babylon, and part of that I think means to stop identifying ourselves with anything other than Christ, because anything other than Christ leads to division. When we say we are American or European, Black or White, Republican or Democrat, we are creating division in our mind. The world will always see people in these terms according to their assigned labels. God gives us the eyes to see into men's hearts instead.

new topics

top topics

join